Working hard...yet hardly working
Posted on Monday, March 31 2008 @ 21:31:24 PST
Want to see the **** I have been doing for the past three months?! No???
Ok, I am a bit tired, so sorry for the cynical stuff lately, but this research project is so ridiculously off putting it's not even funny. Here is the outline for the major paper. I say major because it will be roughly 30-40 pages in length, so do not let the amount of information here fool you.
- Overview of African Slavery.
- Definition of African Slavery.
- Concept of Ideological Frameworks.
- Definition of Kinship.
- Kinship ideology.
- Practices and procedures.
- The economic effects of Kinship.
- Definition of Pawnship.
- Pawnship ideology.
- Pawnship practices and procedures.
- The economics and effects of Pawnship vs Kinship.
- Muslim Law
- Slavery under Muslim Law and the Qur’an.
- Ideology of Slavery in Islamic societies.
- Procedures and practices under Muslim Law.
- Slave roles within Muslim Law.
- Comparisons to Pawnship and Kinship.
- Treatment of women.
- Other Types of Slavery
- Subordinate tribesmen.
- General Practices within the Slavery system.
- Overview of information.
- Purchasing of slaves.
- Slave hierarchies.
- Slaves as wealth.
- Slave Roles.
- Tribal Rituals and slaves.
- Housing and treatment of slaves.
- Centralized vs Non-Centralized Societies in Africa
- Overview of Centralized and Non-Centralized societies.
- Importance to slavery in Africa.
- Centralized Society practices.
- Non-Centralized Society practices.
- Influence on the Slave Trade.
- The Slave Trade Within Pre-Colonial Africa
- Overview of the Slave Trade.
- Overview of the geographic locations of the Trade.
- The trade routes.
- Slave Raiding.
- Economic estimates and effects.
- Influence on the Atlantic Slave Trade
- Final thoughts.
- Overview of the books and articles read.
- Graphs and Charts.
I am actually expecting a shorter paper than most, roughly 25-30 pages, but the information here is vast, old, and very hard to decipher, let alone explain in a paper...and a oral presentation....and on an outline.
Got to love senior year.