A few things I like about GR.comments powered by Disqus
Posted on Sunday, July 31 2011 @ 21:16:40 Eastern
1) A small, dedicated, and involved staff. You could also throw in hard working, helpful, and intelligent but I don’t want to sound like I’m kissing up.
2) No stupid top ten lists. I’m looking right at you IGN. “Comedy is subjective. Some people don't like him, but there are plenty who do.” xxmrcyanidexx speaking of Stephen Colbert. Comedy is not the only thing that is subjective, opinions are like assh*les everybody has one and some smell worse than others. Top ten lists and top one hundred lists are purely subjective opinion pieces dressed up as authoritative definitive objective journalism. I like that GR doesn’t resort to this kind of crap as filler.
3) Simple straight forward web design.
4) Intelligent community members. Yes, I know every website has a moron or two floating around in its community, but most members in GR’s community seem to be of average or above average intelligence. They appear to be capable of more than prepubescent discourses on female body parts, monosyllabic bashings of one another, and/or sex fantasies. Not that any of this doesn’t happen here in GR’s community, yet it doesn’t run roughshod over intelligent conversation, insightful commentary, thoughtful blogging, or playful banter. In fact GR encourages this with The People Speak: “Every weekend, GR will highlight the best comments, forum posts, user blogs and user reviews. All you have to do is participate in GameRevolution's lively and vibrant community. Yeah, lively and vibrant are good words to use…. Don't like to participate but still want a shot at some swag? Nominating comments, posts, reviews and blogs also gets you an entry into our quarterly The People Speak drawing.” Daniel Bischoff about The People Speak.
5) Humor, wit, and reason applied generously to game reviews, and other articles. The quality of writing, the level of thought, and the professionalism may not be of the same caliber as the literary greats, but who would want to read game reviews by Shakespeare, Tolstoy, or Hemingway? Real gamers giving us their honest opinion of the game in question, while doing so in a entertaining way that always fails to take itself too seriously, is what you get in a GR review.
7) They haven’t filed for a restraining order against me, yet.
Total War: ATTILA
Longbeards trailer. (1:50)
Swords & Soldiers II
Third Faction reveal trailer. (1:55)
Dead Effect 2
Dead Effect 2 teaser trailer. (0:26)
Executive Assault on Steam as Early Access trailer. (1:34)
Earthcore: Shattered Elements
Gameplay Mechanics - The Making of Earthcore - Episode 1. (3:39)
|More On GameRevolution|