Alone in the Dark 2
Warning: The following is a detailed walkthrough of Alone in the Dark 2. It contains information that will help you solve the game. Please, DO NOT READ FROM START TO FINISH. You'll ruin the game for yourself. You'll also lose any chance of ever being a happy person. Is that worth it?
ALONE IN THE DARK II - Walkthrough
- GENERAL HINTS AND TIPS
o Fighting can be made really easy by always closing on your target
punching them as often as you can. Most of the time, they will keep
shooting toward but behind you. Most of the thompson guys are poor
aimers and they often fire at some spot on the wall instead of at
Stay close to the walls sometimes (specially true in the garden).
o There is a strange bug you can use to go through some doors and
When you have a sword, close on the door and make the "dive
(when you make one step forward while attacking). You'll be able to
pass through most of the doors (with VERY erratic results though).
o This walkthru does not tell you when to drink your vials and when
reload your guns. You might spend a lot more ammo than I did so
you'll have to improvise. Maybe the walkthru wont tell you how to
all the storyline elements (books, pictures, etc.). They are pretty
obvious and I know you will get all the things the dead guys will
o Remember that some weapons seems really weak in attacking power
can be very useful when speed is important (the revolver, the
the good old punch for example).
o A rule of thumb : always take everything a dead guy leaves
think I forgot some stuff like "take the key" or "take the book"
you should be able to figure what to take.
o Finally, I played the game with the french version and some
have different names. Sorry for the incovenience and for my bad
I - THE GARDENS
- Kill the guy with your bare hands and take his thompson, the clip
- Run down the alley to the big statue of the anchor, push it and
gardens. If you make your move fast enough, you should be able to
- There is someone just behind that corner. Kill him from the
corner and take
- Turn right, get rid of the thompson guy, take the clip and the
where that guy came from.
- Take the rope, remember you saw a DIAMOND card.
- Go back where you found the picture, walk to the crossroad. When
walk past the crossroad, another "hey you" will appear. Fill him
and take the way to the top of the screen.
- Now that guy is a real pain. Dont let him close on you. Stick to
wall and fire your thompson at him. If you kill him now, he wont
again. ( that's the case of most of the bad guys in the gardens,
sometimes track you even if you never "met" them). Go the dead
end and take
- Go back to the crossroad and go to the bottom of the screen.
There will be
another tough guy in trench coat. Kill him and continue your way
find the grapplin. Another "hey you" will appear. If you're not
killing, step on the diamond card. If you intend to step on
well, save first.
II- THE CAVE
- Go straight forward and get rid of that green guy.
- Go take the vial and forget about the ladder for now. Go to the
of the cave.
- Push the chest to make the altar raise. Watch out fot the ghost!
worry, he's thompsonable. Take the pirate's saber.
- If you have some "friends" waiting for you at the entrance (place
cards on the ground), it would be a good idea to use the mettalic
the altar so you can escape via the other trap. If not, forget
jack and get out of the cave.
III - THE GARDENS AGAIN
- If both cases, you should make your way to a 3-ways intesection.
Go in the
L-path, be scared by the demonic face and turn left. Shoot the
wielding gangster and proceed. (not turning will get you back
crossroad, geez, you're so curious, trust me a little more!).
- Cut the weaving branches with your saber and SAVE! See that
spot behind the trees? That's Shorty Leg and he's quite tough to
way to kill him is to hide behind the statue and use everything
especially the revolver.
Dont worry about spending all your ammo. Just kill him.
- Take the vial and use the grapplin. Use the grapplin again to
statue's arm move and enter.
IV - THE BASEMENT
- Darn! No more weapons! Take everything you see (a nickel, a crank
- You can cry on Stryker's corpse if you want but take his notes
pipe-pick. (sorry, cant remember the right word for it now...).
Stryker off the cliff seems a bad idea but i never did it. Lemme
now if it
changes something later in the game...:)
- To open the locked door, you need to use the paper under the door
pick. You'll get the key and you'll get inside.
- There are two ways to get rid of that sitting guy :
The "nice" way : Get behind the barrel, just beside the lever.
paper bag twice, wait until the guy raises to his feet and push
The "direct" way: Tease the guy, fight with him and try to make
- Take the shotgun, the book and the vial. Go right behind the
clock and use the crank to open the secret passage. go there and
- To get rid of Musicman, just tear his pact( the paper you used to
key). Dont forget to take the hook.
- As you might hear now, there is some heavy shooting nearby. Take
and go to the door. DONT GO UPSTAIRS YET!!!
- To kill those two guys, stay in the doorway shoot the first guy, go
backward and wait for the other guy to show up.
- Those two guys were shooting at some rotating cards. Try to align
diamonds to open the door. 90 degrees rotations are possible, you
to be well positioned.
- Kill that guy and get into the cellar. Get the vial (i never
found any use
to the whiskey bottle. HINT: save before drinking). Use the
nickel in the
slot machine to get two tokens. You might also take the book in
the back of
- Return to the shooting gallery. Kill that guy and take the bag.
also try to get the bag w/o worrying about the guy because he's
but he might shows up a while later...
- Open the bag and put on the Santa suit. Okay, you look silly, but
that little pest upstairs wont alarm everyone.
V - THE HOUSE
- Turn right and make your way to the kitchen. Watch out for the
to walk near the door.
- In the kitchen, take the frying pan and get near the eggs. Listen
T-Bone tells you and get ready to fight him. The pan is the best
because it will block incoming darts.
- Take the wine from the stove and the poison beside the
dumbwaiter. Use the
poison with the wine.
- Get near the door in front of the statue and drop your special
- Big Evil Hint : To get rid of that little pest walking down the
hall and to
remove any danger from the statue, wait until that little fellow
before the statue and start running to trigger the trident.
Duck in the kitchen and wait for result. Voila!
- Go through the door you opened with the wine and use your two
tokens in the
juke-box in front of the statue.
The golden token will make a doublon appear and the wooden token
- Get in the new room and take all the war material (bulletproof
- Now go just beside the statue with the trident and take the
crown. Now go
upstairs. (i know, i know, there are still two doors left closed,
- Kill that laughing zombie first. Best way to do it is too close
on him and
punch, close again, punch, etc. He'll always miss you with his
you wont have any problems getting rid of him (it will take some
though). Open the door and get in the hall. Open the door in the
- The guy will throw a derringer. Take it and use it quick. Take
There are a scroll and a book to find in the bookshelf. Get back
hall and open the nearest door (the other door at the end of the
the bathroom, no need to go there).
- The two ghost arms are protecting the other half of the scroll.
It is not
required to get the scroll but strongly suggested if you want to
the next puzzle by yourself. Use the sword to kill the arms, stay
beside the window, hack, get back, hack again and so on.
- CHESS AND MAGIK (the riddle) : Use the crown on the white statue.
the magic room and take the amulet. (the door in the magic room
- Two things to take, a vial and a note. Open the door and go
the left and take the thompson with the clip. Stay right where
you are and
get ready to thompson two baddies. If you still have your
there is no problem, otherwise, try to make the gangster fire on
karateka. (remember to USE you bulletproof vest though)
- Take the grenade and the key. Dont open the door yet. Get in the
and use the doublon in the jack-in-the-box. Take the pompon.
- Now open the door and get inside the room. The only way to get
rid of the
clown is to throw the pompon through the archway. The right
difficult to find. Let the clown go after the pompon and use the
in the chimney. SAVE!!!. Go down.
- The grenade killed two of the baddies but there are still a lot
down here. The best way to kill them all is to get out as fast as
and wait for them in the kitchen or the lobby. Slash them when
through the door. The beater is one of the bet weapon because
it's so fast.
You could try the Santa suit again but i'm not sure it will work.
someone find an easy way, let me know...
- Take the red ball from the christmas tree and go upstairs again
in the pool
- Use the ball on the big box with holes. Use the key on the door
inside. Wait for result and dont panic.
- Listen to what Jack tells you and when he's done, use the hook to
- You can try anything you want but you'll always get captured by
The wisest thing to do is to go downstairs and walk toward the
VI - THE CUTE PART : PLAY AS GRACE SAUNDERS!!!
- If you havent figured out that you're now Grace, well...First
thing to do
is to try all those cute moves (gna gna gna gna). Now push the
you can get out. Go near the parrot, take the seeds, the sandwich
pepper. Give the seeds to the parrot if you want a clue.
- Get out of the room and IMMEDIATELY go to your left. Hide in the
niche until the pirate stops walking. Go back to the ladder as
fast as you
can. By the way, it's the ladder at the end of the hall, not the
one. You dont have much time until the pirate starts chasing you
make it quick.
- Dont tease that pirate and climb the other ladder.
- Now you're going to play hide and seek with the crew. You must
find a safe
way to the open hatch without anyone noticing you. Go behind the
guy. Make your way to the edge of the ship and get behind the
By the way, for a cute moment, try to fall into the Start trap.
Before going down, take the flint&steel on the deck.
| Boxes |_| End
Mast | X Mast
|_| | Boxes
- Take the small cannonfrom the chest, the vase from the shelf and
next to the bed.
- Now, position yourself right in front of the door, put down the
the pepper on the cannon. Throw the vase, wait until the pirate
and use the flint&steel on the cannon. Take the bell and get out
- Go through the door in front of you. Take the chicken's foot get
blue plate, ring the bell and get inside the dumbwaiter. Take the
- Use the key on the locker in the kitchen and get the molasse and
freezer. When you'll try to get out of the kitchen, you'll hear a
"hey you!". Get back in the kitchen and use the freezer in the
- Go upstairs and do the same thing with the molasse. Go to the
Get the token if you want (havent the slightiest idea of what to
it). Go into the room with the cell and use the stick behind the
with the broken plate in the corner of the room. You'll find the
- The door to the chamber and magic room will now open. Get into
room and use the stick on the plate. Get back in the kitchen and
placed the ice at the right spot. Go next to the dumbwaiter and
- Captured again....
VII - BACK AS CARNBY : THE REVENGE!
- Get the key to free yourself and kill that pirate with your bare
Take the sword, use it and follow Grace outside. Dont worry
if you lose
track of Grace. Kill anything you encounter.
- The guy outside will leave the fuse behind. Get it and go through
in front of you. Kill the two guys and get the fire-iron and the
well as the key in the corner of the room. Get out.
- Go through the door next to the niche where Grace hid, kill the
take all his stuff (gun ammo,chainmail,vial,gun).
- Push the barrel to the left and get the chainmail.
- Go through the door at the end of the hallway, close on the
with your sword, take the ammo and the vial. Dont let anyone get
way to the locked door on that deck. Use the key to get inside.
- You're in the gunpowder room. think twice before firing your gun.
sword to kill the swordmaster, get the book and the gunpowder
on the upper deck.
- Open all the doors you can, there are two rooms you can enter. A
room (dont stay inside too long because you dont want to wake those
pirates) and a room with a cannon. kill the guy sleeping next to
and use the pliers to free the cannon. Now PUSH the cannon to the
(this move is difficult, the right position is hard to find). Drop
the barrel anywhere in the sleeping room( Carnby always places
next to the wall).
- Use the fuse on the cannon and use the fire-iron for a nice show...
- Go into what's left of the sleeping room. Take the vial and the
- Use the gold pieces near the locked doors and kill the two
where they came from, take the vial. Go kill the cook behind the
the metallic diamond card and use it on the last locked door.
- Enter and fall (again) under Elizabeth's spell...
VIII - GRACE AGAIN!
- And Grace saves the day...Use the stick on the statue, get into
and use the chicken's foot. Bye Bye Elizabeth!
IX - BACK AS CARNBY : THE END!
- First, FLEE! that ghost is way too tough for you. Climb the
ladder to get
on the main deck.
- Kill everyone on the bridge. Get the hook and climb up the mast.
the guy, hit him once with your sword to make him fall. Use the
hook on the
rope. Kill the karateka. jump down and take Nichol's sword.
- Free Grace with the pliers. Run to the cannons to stop the fuse.
One-Eye Jack! Dont forget to use Nichol's sword and watch out for
- Guess what? THE END!
Thanks to Revolution reader Andrew D. Moore!