Circle of Blood
Warning: The following is a detailed walkthrough of Broken Sword: Circle of Blood. It contains information that will help you solve the game. Please, DO NOT READ FROM START TO FINISH. If you do, horrible things may happen. I once knew a guy who read one of these from start to finish, and he got a bad cold for weeks. Readers beware...
Broken Sword / Circle of Blood Walkthrough
Act 1: Paris
1. Pick up the newspaper.
2. Walk to the roadworks.
3. After Rosso's interview in the cafe, talk to Nico, the photographer.
4. Ask Nico about the clown and Plantard (the clown's victim) until she =
has told you all she knows
and gives you her phone number.
5. Walk to the roadworks and give the newspaper to the workman.
6. Get the tool from the toolbox inside the tent.
7. Walk to the alley on the right hand side of the cafe square.
8. Use the tool on the manhole cover.
9. Get the clown's nose from the first sewer.
10. Get the tissue and the scrap of material from the second sewer.
11. Climb the ladder to the courtyard above.
12. Show Rosso's card to the concierge.
13. Show the material to the concierge.
14. Ask concierge about the jacket.
15. Say goodby to the concierge and return to the roadworks.
16. Telephone Nico and get her address.
17. Exit the roadworks to the right, to the Paris map.
18. Go to Rue Jarry.
19. Talk to the flower seller to identify Nico's address.
20. Try the door (it's stuck), then ask the flower seller about Nico =
21. Go to Nico's apartment.
22. Show the material to Nico and take the photograph.
23. Show her the nose.
24. Go to the Risee du Monde and show the photograph to the costumier.
25. Ask him about the clown.
26. Leave the costumier (taking the buzzer).
27. Telephone Todryk the tailor and ask him about Khan (use photo icon).
28. Go to the hotel Ubu.
29. Speak to Piermount about herself and show photo.
30. Try to get key.
31. Ask Piermount about key.
32. Walk to Piermount about the key and the assassin.
33. When the receptionist has left, take the key.
34. Go upstairs. Use key on first door on the right.
35. Open window and climb out.
36. Enter window to the right.
37. Try leaving the room via the door.
38. Once assassin has been and gone, search the trousers he left on the =
bed, to get the id-card and
39. Leave room through the door.
40. Ask receptionist about safe then show him ID card.
41. Show Piermount the ID card, so she helps you retrieve manuscript from=
42. Go back to first room, stand on ledge, and drop manuscript to the =
43. Leave hotel (to be searched by Flap and Guido).
44. Go to alley behind hotel and collect manuscript.
45. Talk to Nico about Manuscript.
46. Exit to map and go to Museum.
47. Examine tripod in the centre of the room.
48. Go back to Nico's apartment and tell her you're going to Ireland.
49. Go to Airport, go to Ireland.
Act 2, Ireland
1. Talk to Maguire about Peagram and the dig.
2. Go to MacDevitts.
3. Talk to Ron the poacher then say goodbye.
4. Wail until Ron leaves a snare on the table, then take the snare when =
he sneezes - you have to be
5. Ask Sean Fitzgerald about the dig.
6. Ask Doyle about Peagram, the dig, and Fitzgerald, and then if he wants=
7. Ask him again about Fitzgerald.
8. While Doyle is drinking, take the towel from under his elbow.
9. Ask Fitzgerald about the dig (again).
10. Go outside and ask Maguire about Fitzgerald (again).
11. Go back inside and ask Fitzgerald about the dig, Peagram, and the =
12. Ask about the package.
13. When Fitzgerald has left and Maguire has burst in, go back outside.
14. Turn off the beer pumps by throwing the exposed switch beside the pub=
15. Go back into the bark and ask Mick Leary for a drink - you will need =
to finish off anything left
in your glass if you ordered one earlier.
16. Show him the ID card.
17. Use the snare on the glass-washer's plug.
18. Go to the cellar and undo the bolt holding the trapdoor.
19. Go back to the street and upon the trapdoor.
20. Return to the cellar and collect the gem.
21. Turn on the tap and use it to wet the towel.
22. Leave the pub and take the path to the castle gate.
23. Tell the farmer about Fitzgerald's abduction.
24. Climb the haystack.
25. Insert manhole tool into wall, then click on gap at top to climb =
26. Approach the goat to the right of the trough (by left-clicking on the=
27. As soon as the goat knocks you over, click on the plowshare on the =
28. When the goat is trapped, go to the ladder and enter the excavation.
29. Get some plaster from the sack.
30. Move the stone idol so it falls on the sand, then raise it to expose =
31. Use the plaster on the holes in the sand.
32. Use the wet towel on the plaster in the sand (if the towel has dried,=
return to the cellar and wet it
33. Pick up the plaster replica and use it on the holes in the wall.
34. Enter the secret room.
Act 3, Paris
1. Show Nico the gem.
2. Leave and go to Police Station.
3. Ask Moue about Marquet.
4. Leave and go to Hospital.
5. Ask receptionist about Marquet.
6. Show her your ID
7. Talk about Nurse Grendel until she gives you directions.
8. Go down corridor.
9. Speak to Sam the cleaner then unplug the cleaning machine.
10. When Sam leaves, go to the closet and get the Doctor's coat.
11. Return to reception and talk to the guy in the doorway.
12. Go back up the corridor to the ward.
13. Attempt to walk thorough the ward.
14. After the patient has stopped you, speak to Benoir.
15. Give him the pressure cuff, talk to him about it, and tell him to use=
it on Eric Sopmash (the right
16. Walk into Marquet's room and talk to him about everything.
17. Go to the museum and speak to Lobineau about the manuscript and the =
night until he tells you
18. When the guard is not looking, open the window, then when he goes to =
close it hide in the
19. When the raid starts, push on the totem pole.
Act 4, Mountfacuon Catacombs
1. Talk to the juggler and attempt to juggle.
2. Talk to the gendarme, show him the red nose.
3. Talk to the juggler and attempt juggling again.
4. When the juggler and gendarme leave, use the sewer key to lift the =
manhole cover and descend
beneath the streets.
5. Examine the rightmost arch.
6. Use the sewer key to break a hole in the plaster.
7. Pull level.
8. Examine mechanism.
9. Board boat and move the boom over the right-hand path.
10. Lower chain.
11. Take the chain hook and attach it to the exposed cog.
12. Board the boat and turn the winch.
13. Enter next room.
14. Look through hole in the wall to see Templars' meeting.
15. Look through hole again to see them leave.
16. Go down the steps.
17. Put the tripod on the stand in the middle of the circle.
18. Put the gem on the tripod.
Act 5: Spain
1. Use the pressure cuff on the hosepipe near the window where it enters =
2. Go into the house.
3. Go down the passage to the rear of the house.
4. When the dogs scare George back into the hallway, left-click on the =
5. Go upstairs.
6. Talk to the Countess about everything.
7. Pick up the Bible on the lectern.
8. Examine the checkered pattern on the lectern. Talk to the countess =
9. Talk to the Countess while Lopes fetches the pieces.
10. The chess puzzle: The white pieces can only be placed on the middle =
11. Place the black king in checkmate
12. Bishop at top, Knight in the middle, King below Knight.
Act 6, Syria
1. Go up the steps at the far right.
2. Show the matchbook to the carpet seller.
3. Left-click on the steps to go up to the club.
4. Try to go into the Club Alamut's toilet.
5. Read the sign.
6. Ask Ultar about the sign.
7. Return to the main street again.
8. Look at and talk to Arto - the kebab stall holder near the steps to =
the carpet seller.
9. Talk to Nejo about Arto.
10. Offer Nejo the red ball and select YES when he asks if you mean it.
11. Use the phrase on Arto.
12. Go back and talk to Nejo.
13. Go back to the club and give the toilet brush to the club manager.
14. Go into toilet, unblock the roller towel and take the towel.
15. Go back to Nejo's stall - Nejo should now be playing with the ball.
16. Stroke the cat and then ring the desk bell on the stall's counter.
17. Pick up the broken statuette
18. Use the tissue on the statuette.
19. Talk to Duane and sell him the statuette in exchange for $50 bill.
20. Go back to club and show Ultar the photograph.
21. Talk to Ultar until he offers to take George to the Bull's Head hill,=
then give him the $50 bill.
22. Meet Ultar at the truck and give him the roller towel.
23. Use the stick/towel on the crack at the cliff edge and climb down.
24. Examine the niche in the rock until the ring is found and pull it.
25. Search Klausner's body, look at Baphomet and read the inscription.
26. Don't lie to Khan.
27. Say you want to die like a man.
28. When he offers to shake your hand, agree, but select the buzzer in =
the grace period.
29. While he's down, jump off the cliff.
Act 7: Montfaucon church.
1. Show tarnished chalice to priest. Let him clean it.
2. Examine right hand tomb against the rear wall.
3. Examine scroll in the statue's hand.
4. Use the lens with the scroll.
5. Talk to priest again to recover chalice.
6. Go to museum again and talk to Lobineau about Baphomet.
7. Go to the Baphomet site from the Paris Map.
Act 8: The Excavation at the Institut Nerval
1. Go down steps to lobby.
2. Click on the right hand door (toilet).
3. Ask Guard for the keys.
4. Use keys on toilet door.
5. Pick up soap from the sink.
6. Use the keys on the soap to make an imprint of the excavation room =
7. Use the plaster on the soap.
8. Use soap on water tap to wet the plaster and copy the excavation key.
9. Go back to lobby and give keys back to guard.
10. Go outside and try to use plaster key on painter's pot.
11. Go back down to the lobby and phone Nico.
12. Go back and talk to painter about phone.
13. Dip plaster key in paint pot to make it look real.
14. Go back down to the lobby and examine the thermostat on the left =
15. Ask guard about the thermostat.
16. Click on the thermostat, turning it to cold. The guard then puts on =
17. Get the keys from the guard.
18. Use the painted key on the keys to swap it for the "real" excavation =
19. Give keys back to Guard (he can't feel the fake key with his gloves =
20. Try the key on the left door.
21. Phone Nico again and wait around
22. Go back to the lobby and use Excavation key on the left door to enter=
the excavation room.
23. Use the polished chalice on the patch on the lower floor to see =
24. This automatically sends you back to Nico's apartment.
25. Now you have access to Spain again on the Europe map; go there.
Act 9: Spain
1. Take the mirror from the utility room.
2. Talk to the countess.
3. Go to the mausoleum and examine the candle.
4. Use the window hook to close the window.
5. Use the tissue on the hook and then ignite it with the candles by the =
lectern (the left candle, click on
it's bottom half).
6. Light the big candle with the burning tissue to receive the stone key.
7. Take the Bible.
8. Give the Bible to the Countess and get her to look up the references.
9. Talk to Lopez about wells and how to find them.
10. Take hazel twig from the tree by the utility room window and show it =
11. Examine the Lions head and pull the tooth.
12. IMMEDIATELY MOVE AWAY. (click on left side of screen).
13. Examine the exposed wall.
14. Use the mirror on the shaft of sunlight coming down from the well to =
illuminate the keyhole in the
15. Locate the keyhole by touching the secret door again, and then use =
the stone key on the door.
16. After returning to Nico's, George can go to the Airport, and off to =
Act 10: Train
1. Try to leave the compartment to trigger the guard's visit.
2. Leave the compartment and head left down the corridor.
3. After confronting Guido, go as far left as you can.
4. After George realizes Eklund is on the train, go back to your =
5. Go to the second compartment and talk to Geordie on the left.
6. Open the window and climb up.
7. Head to the RIGHT along the roof.
8. Enter the baggage car.
9. When Guido is thrown off the train, pull the brake cord (on left =
10. Attempt to leave the carriage.
11. After talking to Nico, leave the carriage.
Act 11: Scotland
1. In the church tower, turn the handle on the wheel mechanism to break =
2. Take the cog and spindle.
3. Examine the rubble until you find a second cog.
4. Use both of the cogs, then the handle on the demon.
5. Enter the crypt and walk through to the far exit.
6. To foil the grand master's plans, grab the torch QUICKLY and throw it =
on the gunpowder.
LORD MARCUS DRACON
Thanks to Revolution reader Marcus Dracon and the Fly!