Before you take a look at these cheats be sure to check out our Dragonvale breeding tips and how to get your hands on 2 most popular dragons: Dragonvale rainbow dragon and Dragonvale reindeer dragon.
How to get free gems.
- Sign out of game center before entering Dragon Vale. Click cancel when prompted and connect to game center to start a new game. Then go back to game center, sign in, and click on your level once you go back to the game. You should be supplied with a few more diamonds and coins.
- If you don't connect your Twitter account, the game will ask if you want to share the game on the service. Hit cancel but look for a check mark next to the Twitter button. You should still get one free gem despite not connecting a Twitter account.
- Log into a new Game Center ID once your first account has reached level 20. Get to level 10 on your new account and then insert the friend code of your original account. Now you can send gems to the original account.
- If you tap purchase on three separate devices in quick succession when you buy a breeding cave on a new Game Center account, you can get three at once right next to each other.
- When you start a dragon race, look at the one closest to the crowd. Now quick the race and choose that particular dragon or one with similar elements. Now your dragon will win the race.
Here they are below. The dragons:
- Fire+Air - Air dragon
- Fire+Life - Flower Dragon
- Cold+Life - Lichen Dragon
- Lichen+Cold - Might be Bloom Dragon
- Storm+Plant - Might be Bloom (Very slight chance of Moon or Sun, so I heard)
- Fire+Air - Blazing Dragon
- Flower+Cold - Might be Bluefire
- Metal+fire - Brass Dragon (Availible Level 17)
- Plant+Lightning - Cactus Dragon
- Metal+Air - Chrome Dragon
- Lightning+Earth - Crystal Dragon
- Plant+Earth - Tree Dragon
- Earth+Lightning - Quake Dragon
At the start of a race, wait for the countdown numbers (3, 2, 1) to vanish. The instant the last number disappears, tap the accelerator for a nice boost that lets you start the race ahead of the other dragons.
New update bloom dragon
It is plant cold and lightning type; breed this with a panlong dragon to raise your chances of getting a rainbow or leap year dragon.
Getting gems with your dragons and eggs
- plant and storm - might come out with bloom dragon
- lichen and lightning - might come out with bloom dragon
Babysitting your dragons is a way to earn you some cash that you can in turn use to purchase germs. You can also place your dragons on sale so as to earn gems from them especially when they are from the rarer breeds such as the rainbow dragon.
The ways that you can get Gems
You may not earn much from making friends and visiting their parks but what you will earn will be worth much more than nothing. Once every day there will be small party hats on your friend’s island when you visit their park and by touching the party hats, you will be able to get some rewards, though the amount of money to be received depends on the size of your park at the time of your visit.
Related: How to Get Free Gems
Gems and Transactions
Sometimes, you can use your germs to buy rare dragons and eggs. For instance, a rainbow dragon is worth 2500 gems while a fog dragon is worth 1,000 gems. Germs can also be used to purchase essentials in the market.
Speed up the game
Sometimes, without enough money and gems, the game can become slow. Gems play an instrumental role in speeding up the hatching time of eggs, the growth of dragons and even the purchase of other islands for expansion purposes.
For Tending the Park
Your park is a floating island that has bushes, trees and rocks. Gems are useful for clearing bushes, making nurseries and breeding places in this island. Remember that the larger the bushes, trees and rocks, the more gems they will need so as to remove them.
How to get a Bone Dragon
This is achieved by breeding a level 10 Earth Dragon with a level 10 Fire Dragon. Place the Earth Dragon on the left and the Fire Dragon on the right. You need to patiently wait for the total incubation period of 10 hours to hatch the Dragonvale Bone Dragon. To successfully raise the Bone Dragon you need to keep it in a fire or earth habitat. It evolves at levels 4 and 7.
How to breed moon dragon
Place sonic dragon level 10 on left side and storm dragon level 10 on right side in breeding cave. Must be done at 6:30-6:42 am eastern time, will get 48 hour time.
How to breed a lava dragon
You have to breed a fire dragon with a earth dragon.
How to breed a Seaweed Dragon
Breed/Buy a Marsh dragon. Buy a Water dragon. Feed until both are juvenile. Breed the two, probably put Marsh on the plant side (check in market, see the little flags). And obviously, the water on the water side. CHECK: the turnout egg should be green and blue, striped. If not, it's probably another marsh dragon.
How to breed a rainbow dragon
To get a rainbow dragon, breed an ice dragon and a blazing dragon!! (a blazing dragon is air and fire, and ice is water and cold). The levels do not matter.
How to breed a mountain dragon
To get a mountain dragon, use cold (left) and plant (right).
To unlock the following Apple Game Center achievements, complete the following tasks:
- Air Competitor (10 points) - Receive a Gold Trophy from the Colosseum for an air dragon event.
- Breeder (5 points) - Breed any two dragons.
- Cold Competitor (10 points) - Receive a Gold Trophy from the Colosseum for a cold dragon event.
- Double Rainbow (50 points) - Acquire and hatch 2 rainbow dragons.
- Earth Competitor (10 points) - Receive a Gold Trophy from the Colosseum for an earth dragon event.
- Every Last One (25 points) - Possess every type of dragon in DragonVale...all at once.
- Fire Competitor (10 points) - Receive a Gold Trophy from the Colosseum for a fire dragon event.
- Level 10 Dragon (25 points) - Level a dragon to full maturity.
- Level 10 Park (10 points) - Get your park to level 10.
- Level 15 Park (15 points) - Get your park to level 15.
- Level 20 Park (50 points) - Get your park to level 20.
- Level 5 Park (5 points) - Get your park to level 5.
- Lightning Competitor (10 points) - Receive a Gold Trophy from the Colosseum for a lightning dragon event.
- Metal Competitor (10 points) - Receive a Gold Trophy from the Colosseum for a metal dragon event.
- Plant Competitor (10 points) - Receive a Gold Trophy from the Colosseum for a plant dragon event.
- Water Competitor (10 points) - Receive a Gold Trophy from the Colosseum for a water dragon event.