Note: The following is a detailed walkthrough of the game Lighthouse. It is designed to help you if you are stuck. We at Game Revolution highly advise only reading the section you need. Please, DO NOT READ FROM START TO FINISH. You spent money on the game. Now spend some time playing it...
* Click on the chair to move it.
* Click on the desk drawer and read the journal.
* Click the box on the desk and take the lighter.
* Click on the telephone and listen to the messages. Pay
special attention the 3rd one.
* Turn to the right and you will see the lighthouse get
struck by lightning through the window. Turn back to the
left (twice) and click on the window table. Move the
contents of the drawer around and take you car keys.
* Take the umbrella and the bag. They are both hanging on
the coat rack.
* Open the front door and click your keys on the opening.
You will drive to the lighthouse.
* Once at the lighthouse, take the letter from inside the
* Walk two screens towards the front door. Click on the
black lantern and take the small key from inside.
* Walk closer to the front door and then position your
cursor so that it is pointing down.
* Move the four items around by clicking on them and holding
while you move the mouse. You will find the front door key
under one of the objects (this changes from game to game).
* Backup and go around to the right side of the house. Click
on the storage shed and unlock the lock with the small key
from the lantern.
* Take the crow bar and then click on the breaker box.
* Reset all three breakers. You will notice that the third
one will not reset yet. The lights are come back on inside.
* Unlock the front door with the key and go inside.
* Go through the door on your left. It is the kitchen /
* Read the papers on the counter.
* Click on the refrigerator and take the bottle of milk.
* Click on the bookshelf behind you. Take the compass from
the second shelf.
* Go across the hall into the baby's bedroom and pick up the
toy soldier on the floor.
* Click on Amanda. Give her the bottle when she starts to
* Turn to your right and click on the papers which are on
the night stand table. Read them.
* Turn around and take the alarm clock from the small table.
* Leave the bedroom
* At any point in time from here, you may hear Amanda start
to cry. As soon as you hear her crying, drop whatever you
are doing and go into her room. You will see the Dark Man
kidnapping her. This walkthrough assumes that you DO NOT
follow him into the porthole (although that is a option for
a later game).
* Go into the study / den.
* Click on the several books which are on the second shelf
of the bookcase to reveal a hidden, wall safe.
* Turn to your left and take the following items from the
small, shelving unit :
1. small mechanical bird
2. shell Collection
3. two, tear shaped, red objects
* Turn around and click on the top drawer of the desk. Take
the letter opener.
* Click on the letter in your inventory (it will be
displayed in a window). Now click on the letter opener and
use it to...that's right...open the letter.
* Read the letter and notice the numbers at the bottom. This
is the combination to the wall safe (5-18-28)
* Click on the wall safe and enter the combination. 5 right,
18 left (past zero), 28 right.
* Once opened, click on the handle and take the documents
from inside (read them). Notice the date which is written on
page 59 (8-24-96). It is the combination to the locked door
in the hallway (Dr. Krick's laboratory)
* Open the desk and click on the papers. Read the papers and
notice the picture on page 118 of the bird in a circle.
* Click on the cube inside the desk.
* Turn the cube around and click on the spinner on one of
the sides. It will open to display a series of wooden
blocks. Click on the light colored blocks starting from the
top. Work your way down and from left to right. Once these
are set, you can slide some of the lower blocks around until
you reveal a small, red button. Press this button. Another
part of the box will open to display a large, red button.
Now click on the small, gray button on the adjacent side of
the cube and then again on the large, red button. A small
drawer will open. Take the key from inside the drawer. Click
the red button again and another panel will open only
slightly. Turn the cube so that the partial opening is
facing you. Now click on the light, brown square in the
lower, right corner of the opening. A picture puzzle is
* Rearrange the tiles to reproduce the picture of the bird
in the journal. Start by trying to create the outer circle
first. Once completed, the box will display a sheet of paper
with a series of symbols on it.
* Write these symbols down. They are probably (from top to
bottom) a circle, triangle, square and cross. Click on the
paper. Now turn the box and click on one of the side
spinners. Turn the cube again and click on one of the gray,
side buttons. Another flap will open displaying several
color plates and two fish outlines. Click in all four blue
plates and then click the lower fish symbol. Click on the
button which is revealed by the fish. Now click on all four
gray (not brown) plates and then on the upper fish. Insert
the little key into the keyhole which is revealed by the
upper fish. The panel will open displaying a gray disk. This
is all which can be done right now. You will complete the
remainder of this puzzle later.
* Go into Krick's lab by entering the combination into the
keypad on the door (8-24-96).
* Click on the large white / red machine. Open the panel and
click in the button to active the machine.
* Click on the white box by the door. Use your crow bar on
it twice to pry it open. Take one of the green, light units.
* Click on the work table and take the following items.
- soldering gun
- small, black wire (in front of the microscope)
- read the papers on the table
* Open the panel of the large, white, hourglass shaped unit
beside the main control panel.
* Remove the blown fuse and replace it with the one from
* Remove the burnt wire and replace it with the one from
your inventory. Solder both sides of the wire with your
* Click on the central control unit and switch on all eight
of the small, black switches.
* Pull the first lever to raise the light.
* Go up the wooden stairs and smash the lock with your crow
bar (3 times)
* Go through the hatch. Open the light's lens and replace
the green, light unit with the one in your inventory.
* Plug the whole light unit in by inserting the white wire
which is hanging from the ceiling above the lens.
* Exit the lab. Go outside the house to the storage shed.
You can now reset the 3rd breaker.
* Go back into the lab and take another one of the green,
light units from the white box. You will keep this in your
inventory as a safe guard and for convenience.
* Click the flashing "retry" on the computer's screen to
activate the program.
* Turn around and pull the 2nd lever on the control unit to
activate the porthole. Go into the porthole.
* Find your way to the beach where you will see a dock. This
may take some time and walking around. As you walk around
here, pick up as many little stones as you can find (at
least two but four is better).
* Click on the bottle in the sand which is to the left the
dock. Click on the cork and take the letter. Read the letter
and note the vague coordinates (20 degrees north, 118
* Go to the end of the dock and take the metal rod.
* Now walk over to the tower.
* Click on the small, gray dial on the left pillar. Insert
your metal rod into the opening.
* Click on the rod patterns. Use the control to navigate the
hook down to the white hook at the bottom of the rods. The
draw bridge will open once you have raised the lower hook.
* Go up the stairs all the way to the green gate. A
mechanical bird will swoop down and perch itself in front of
you. DO NOT try to pass him.
* Click on the toy soldier in your inventory and remove the
key from his back. Now click on the small bird in your
inventory and insert the key into its back. Click your bird
onto the cuckoo clock. Click on the pendulum. The mechanical
bird will take off.
* SAVE YOUR GAME HERE
* You must act quickly here. Go through the door and then
directly over to the desk (no looking around first). Click
on the very small drawer in the bottom, right corner of the
desk (it's hard to see it). Click on the two screws and then
on the piece of wood once the screws have fallen off. Get
the key. Now quickly close the window gate and lock it with
the key. This prevents the Bird Man from getting in and
giving you a hard time by stealing things before you.
* You can now relax. Go back to the desk and open the large,
bottom, left drawer. Look at the files and take the key
which is between the 3rd and 4th files.
* Open the middle desk drawer and take the lever handle.
It's what the Bird Man wanted to take.
* Open the upper, left drawer. Click on the bottom, left
side of the junk, then the upper right, then the
center. Take the piece of coiled metal from the drawer.
* Open the center cupboard of the desk and read the
* Use your small key to open the upper, right drawer (by the
skull). Take the whistle.
* Now move the clear and orange vases to other places on the
desk. One can go beside the skull and the other can be
placed beside the brown vase on the left.
* Click on the opening where the vases were. Now slide over
the shelf and take the light bulb shaped object.
* Click on the dead guy and remove his medallion. (You may
also knock his head off if you like).
* Notice the hanging ladder above the plant. You will need a
remote control to lower it.
* Exit this room and go back down the stairs to the other
* Go through the door and walk towards the Bird Man. He will
close his gate on you.
* Notice the lever he pulled to close the gate. (it's to the
* Throw one of your stones at his head and then another,
immediately, at the lever. The gate will rise and you can go
in. The Bird Man will fly away after "telling" you what he
* Now quickly close the window gate and lock it with your
key. If you don't, he will sneak back in and
bust up the remote control unit.
* Click on the large table and take the four sided wrench
and the nuts and bolts.
* Click on the small table and take the remote control unit.
* Place the remote control unit on the table with the drill
arm. Now click on the remote. Click on the close-up of the
drill head and it will open the remote.
* Use your 4 way wrench to tighten both of the nuts. Remove
the old coiled piece of wire between the nuts and replace it
with the one from your inventory. Close the unit by clicking
on the drill. Take the fixed unit and go back up to the dead
* Look at the ladder. Click on the remote in your inventory
and press the first square button and then the center round
button. Go up the ladder.
* Pick up the drive wheels on the floor (2 of them). Click
on the desk and take the allen key. Take the crank handle
which is hanging from a post.
* Click on the large, block control unit and insert your two
drive wheels into it under the one which is already in
place. Attach your crank arm.
* Now use the allen key on the release unit on the wall.
Pull the handle.
* Your bat ship will roll down the ramp.
* You may go up the ladder in this room (just for the view
for the sake of this walkthrough).
* Turn the crank on the drive wheels 14 revolutions
* Click on the cockpit. Click on the brown button on the
lever clasp. Pull the lever to take off. You will fly to the
temple where the bat ship will perch itself.
* Go up the elevator and into the door directly in front of
you. Lyril will show herself to you. Click on her. Click on
her again until she mentions shells and nuts and bolts. Give
her your shells and nuts and bolts when she does. Click on
her many more times until she starts to repeat herself.
* When you try to back out she will tell you that she has
more to say. Listen to her some more. Show her the letter
which you found in the bottle on the beach.
* Click on the center control arm. Lyril will tell you that
she does not trust you enough yet to let you have access.
* Click on the side, wooden control unit and play with the
levers. Keep doing it until Lyril gets mad and leaves (this
is just for fun).
* Exit this room and go into the far right room. You will
see a pod shaped (garlic) creature in the middle of the
* Ring the creature's left bells and then the right ones.
Its eyes will open. Ring the left bells and then the right
ones again. The pod will open up.
* Turn the two, small lever arms so that a vertical opening
is seen. Pull the large, straight lever towards
you. Now ring the left and then the right bells again. Pull
the coiled lever to the left. A disk will drop into the
lower opening. Take the disk.
* Exit and go into the room at the far left of the Temple.
* Put your disk into the blue circle to your left. When you
push the button, a recording of Lyril will play.
* Go back to the center room. If Lyril isn't there, knock on
here doors and she should come out.
* Go over to the wooden control unit and slide the
horizontal switch. Bird Man should come in and attack Lyril
(maybe to shut her up!). Slide the horizontal lever to move
the magnet as close to the Bird Man as possible. Now pull
the vertical lever repeatedly until the Bird Man gets
trapped on the magnet.
* Click on Lyril. She now trusts you. Listen to everything
she has to say.
* Go to the central control arm in the room and pull it
* From this room you must retrieve the following items: a
circuit board from the box in front of you, an odd shaped
item with three extremities from a square box, three various
items from the three wooden crates (these items connect
together to form a replacement part for the porthole
generator in another part of the Temple), and finally, the
drawing from the wall above the large display / control
* Click on the control unit in this room (left, then right
buttons). Note the coordinates which are displayed (22.01
degrees north, 119.11 degrees west). These are the
coordinates to the volcano.
* Use the central lever to go back up to the main floor.
* Now push the lever away from you to ascend to the dome.
Lyril will join you there.
* You will see three power modules at the side of this room.
Plug in the one to the far left.
* Go to the main control unit and pull the main, center
breaker (has 4 red lights beside it). Flick the large switch
to the right of the breaker. Turn on the four monitors to
the left and the one to the right. The monitor to the right
has a couple of dials. Turn the first dial until you see a
picture of the lighthouse. Turn the second dial until you
see a picture of Krick's laboratory. Click the small, black
button on the second dial to set the destination. The screen
will change to black with red.
* Look at the LOWER part of the center console. Pull the
large, left lever down (extends platform) and then pull the
right lever (opens roof). Push the lower, left button (to
power the lower monitor) and align the lines on the screen
with the center of the circle by using the four control
knobs around the monitor. Lower the two small levers at the
top of the monitor. Pull the small breaker at the bottom
right of the monitor (it will reset itself).
* SAVE YOUR GAME HERE
* Pull the large, slider lever to the right. Watch the gauge
carefully. Click on the slider lever again as soon as the
gauge is on the red line (must be exactly on the red
line...not below or above but ON the red line). If it goes
past the red line the unit will blow. If it does, you can
either start a saved game of replace the module with the one
from your inventory (located at the very top of the control
unit in a cupboard).
* Pull the breaker under the monitor again. The porthole
will be created on the platform. Go into the porthole. Lyril
will (of course) have a few more words for you as you enter
* Exit the lab and go into the study / den. Click on the
* Click your medallion onto the gray disk followed by your
two red, tear shaped pieces. Click the top button. Here you
must line up the shapes (patterns may change from game to
game). Start with any shape and line up all of the rings
with the same shape. Keep doing this until you hear a click
and then move onto the next shape. Once you've gone through
all of the shapes, the puzzle should be almost completely
unlocked. Now enter the shapes in the sequence which the
cube displayed to you on a piece of paper earlier (usually
circle, triangle, square, cross). The puzzle is finally
complete (and you hear a really
bad piano riff). Take the small bottle.
* Go back into the lab. Go up the stairs and replace the
green bulb. Take another bulb from the white box (last one).
Reset the computer and then pull the switch on the control
unit. Enter the porthole.
* Go up the tower's stairs and into the first door (where
Bird Man was working).
* Go down the right side passage way.
* You will see a crane. Click on the crane's control box.
Notice two round weights and a metal ring behind the crane.
Also notice a platform under the crane's hook.
* Use the crane's horizontal control lever to place it's
hook directly above one of the weights. Lower the crane's
hook using the vertical switch and pick up the weight. You
must be EXACTLY over the weights etc. for the vertical
switch to work. Now bring the weight over to the platform
and release it there. Do the same thing for the second
weight. Use the same action to lift the metal ring. This
will cause the gate to open. Note: If you have trouble
centering the weights over the platform, you may turn to the
left or right and the crane will center itself over the
* Walk towards the sub. Spin the fly wheel on the control
unit to extend the bridge. Lock the bridge in place by click
on the black locking arm.
* Open the submarine's hatch and get in. Go to the front of
the sub and turn the key which is under the wheel.
* Take the lever control arm out of your inventory and place
it in the small, cylindrical tube to your right. It is the
throttle control arm.
* The three keys to the left (from bottom to top) are for
powering: diving control, navigation computer control, main
* The two keys to the right control the door locks. The
first one is for the bridge door and the second is for the
engine room doors. Make sure both are in the upright
position at all times.
* Note that the three keys to your left are in the off
position when facing you.
* You will often lose all power if you turn all three system
on at the same time.
* Turn only the bottom key on for now.
* Back up and click on the "computer" unit to your left.
This is your diving control unit (the light is flashing so
you know there is power). Pull the two small levers down.
Spin the first wheel. Water will begin to enter the left
tube. When the water reaches the blue line, quickly spin the
second wheel. The sub will dive.
* Now turn on your main engine power key (top key). Go to
the back of the sub and open the door by
spinning the fly wheel. Go into the engine room. You know
there is power here because of the blue lights
and steam. Pull the large lever to the right to engage
* Now that the main engines are running, you may turn on the
final key (navigational computer power).
* Go to the center of the sub. There are a few small tubes
beside the navigation control pad. The tube to the right has
a map in it. The map gives the coordinates of 20.67 degrees
north, 118.96 degrees west. These are the coordinates to the
shipwreck. These ones are much more accurate than the ones
from the map in the bottle on the beach.
* Click on the globe beside the navigational control pad.
The monitor is displayed. Click on the control pad's left,
golden globe (north positioning) and enter 20.67. Click on
the control pad's right, golden globe (west positioning) and
enter 118.96. Now press enter.
* The new position to the shipwreck is now displayed on the
monitor. While you are here, enter the coordinates for the
volcano. They are 22.01 degrees north, 119.11 degrees west.
* To summarize, there are now four locations displayed on
the map. The top one is the Volcano, the center one (island)
is the Fortress, the one to the right is the Tower and the
bottom one is the Shipwreck.
* Click on the bottom red star for the shipwreck. The
coordinates will be automatically entered. Press enter.
* Go to the front of the sub and push the throttle lever
forward to sail to the shipwreck.
Shipwreck - Mini Submarine
* Go to the back of the sub and go down the hatch. This is
* Pull the second white lever above your head to close the
hatch. Now pull the first lever to unlock the mini sub. Turn
to your right and pull the diving lever. Pull the first
switch on the far right of the windows to activate the robot
arm and controls. The ball in the center directs the sub and
the left control arm activates the motion. You must click on
either side of the ball (NOT on the ball).
* Perform these motions with the mini sub: set the ball to
the right and pull the lever, now just pull the lever again
without touching or setting the ball, set to the right and
pull, set to the right and pull, set to the right and pull,
just pull without setting the ball.
* When the mini sub is over the opening in the front of the
boat, turn to your right and pull the diving lever again to
lower the sub into the opening.
* Turn the sub twice to the left or until you see a hook on
the wall. Move your robot arm slightly to the left and
slightly more up. Use the other switch to extend the arm for
grabbing. You must get that hook. You must have the arm in
the exact position in order to do this. You will have to
fine tune your robot
arm's position in relation to the hook in order to get it.
* Once you have the hook, use the diving switch to ascend
again. Once you are out of the ships hold, enter these
movements: left, left, just the arm-no ball, left, left,
just the arm-no ball.
* You will see a skull. Pull your dive switch to ascend.
Turn the sub once to the left. You will see a safe here.
There are two pieces of wood against the safe. Use the robot
arm to remove the lower one (hard to see). You will not be
able to move the other piece of wood with the arm. Now turn
the sub to the left once. You must now put the hook (at the
end of the remote arm) into the hole in front of the sub.
Once again you will have to find tune the arms position in
order to get the hook in. Once you get it in, the second
piece of wood will fall away. Use the arm to open the safe
and then to retrieve the item inside. The mini sub will
return to the main submarine.
* Turn on the main ignition key and start the main engines
from the engine room. Turn on the navigational power key
(center key). Go to the navigation control pad.
* Click on the center position on the map (the Fortress
island). Press enter on the control pad. Go to the front of
the sub and push forward throttle lever. Once at the
Fortress, exit the sub through the hatch at the back of the
* Turn to your right. There is a fishing rod on the dock.
Click on the reel to bring in the fish. Go inside the
Fortress and into the power control room. You will see a
machine with a lever on the left and a bar extending from
the right. Pull the lever. On the other machine (with brick
base) click and hold the lever arm to raise it. Pull the
other lever to start the windmills and the electricity.
* Exit this room and click on the large table saw (not the
one with the horned head). Turn on its power and cut
yourself two long pieces of wood. Now go to the other table
saw (with horned head). Take a piece of wood from under the
table and cut it. Take the cut pieces. Do this as many times
as you can (4). You will use all this wood to make a bridge.
However, if your timing is off, a monster will come out and
tear it all down.
* Go back into the power control room and up the stairs. Go
into the tower and then up the ladder. Look up and you will
notice a hook. Attach your fish to the hook. The idea is to
make the monster come up here to get the fish rather than
spending all his time busting up your bridge.
* To see the monster, go down the hatch and open the door
which is sided by two pedestals (he won't hurt you).
* If you turn around you will see a locked compartment at
the base of the statue. You will need to unlock this later.
* Go back down into the Fortress and look out the window.
You may see the Dark Man teasing the monster with a fish.
Back far away from the window and then go back and look out
again. Notice that you can look up and down. The idea hear
is to repeat this motion until to see the monster walking
above to the RIGHT (into the tower to get the fish). As soon
as you see the monster actually enter the tower (i.e. he
goes out of sight - you may have to look out the window
several times to get this scene) immediately enter the
darkened doorway behind you. You can now build you bridge by
place the two long boards down first followed by the planks.
Cross your bridge into the metal shop.
* Go up the stairs. Pull the pin from the back of the
cannon. Take a cannon ball, package of gun powder and a fuse
into your inventory. Open the top of the cannon and insert
your powder and then the ball. Close the cover and insert
your fuse into the hole. Click on the telescope to the right
to get a close up of the monster trying to get the fish.
Light your lighter and then the cannon's fuse. The monster
will no longer be a problem.
* Go back into the metal shop and collect some fire wood,
some coal, the metal casting mold from the table and some
* Put the wood and the coal into the oven. Light your
lighter and use it on the wood in the oven. Put your metal
bars in the hanging pot. Place your casting mold in the
center of the table. Pull the right lever to send the pot
into the fire. Make sure to leave it in there long enough to
melt the bars (at least 30 seconds). Pull the lever again to
retrieve the pot. Press the button to pour the metal. Pull
the other lever to put the
mold into the water. Pull it again to retrieve the mold.
Open the mold and take your new piece of metal work (its
actually a replacement part for an airplane).
* Go back to the power control room and go upstairs. Go into
the tower and through the door where you seen the monster.
Go into the next tower where you will see an airplane. Click
on the work table and take the key. Use this key to unlock
the compartment at the base of the state in the other room
(tower). Take the item from the compartment.
* Go back to the airplane. Replace the broken piece on its
side with the one you just made in the metal shop. Pull the
large floor lever by the table. Turn around to the power
regulator and flip the switch to positive (+). Crank up the
* This paragraph is not necessary for this walkthrough. The
following can be explored just for fun or for future games
(save your game, check it out, and then restart the saved
game if you like). You DO NOT have to do the
following.....Get inside the airplane and turn the left
crank. Slide the horizontal switch to the right. Pull the
black lever down. Push the main release lever forward. You
will fly to the roof of the temple (where there is nothing
left to do).
* Exit the Fortress and go back to the sub. Turn the main
power key and then go start the main engines. Turn on the
navigational power key. Go to the navigational control map
and click on the top red star (volcano). Go to the front of
the sub and engage throttle lever. You will travel into the
volcano. Exit the sub.
* Turn to your left to see the Dark Man in the window.
* Click on the side, storage compartment to the train and
take the cutters and dynamite.
* Use the cutters on the lock on the fence. Open the fence.
* Notice the hook at the back of the train and the digger in
* Get into the train. Flip the main power switch behind you.
Click on the red button to start the train. Clicking above
the control lever makes the train go forward. Clicking
behind it makes it go in reverse. The gray lever is used to
switch between tracks and may take some getting used to. The
center button is used for the digger and the other two
controls (top left) are used for the hook and winch. To stop
the train at anytime, click in the center of the control arm
(no need to cut power by pressing the red button).
* Go forward until the train stops by itself.
* A red button at the lower, left of you screen indicates
that an external view is available. Click on the button to
get an exterior view.
* Click on the green machine to display a close up. Pull the
lever to rise the train to the main tracks. Once you've
ascended, click on the exterior view button again to get
back inside. I call this piece of circular tack which you
are on the "main intersection." When two individual tracks
meet inside a tunnel I call it a "track intersection."
Remember that because I'll use these terms a lot. I will
also give you lots of positions based on your compass
readings. You can use you compass at the main intersection
when you access the exterior view. This part of the
walkthrough would be impossible (well almost) without those
* For now, simply go forward until the red exterior view
button comes on. Stop the train when it does. It will come
on inside a large tunnel with three tracks.
* When you get to this point, go to the external view and
click on the box in the middle of the tunnel.
Take the metal rod from the box. Click on the exterior view
of the train and take the wrench from the storage
compartment. Now click on the switching box post in the
tunnel and insert the metal rod. Tighten the rod with your
wrench to active power to the switcher boxes. Click on the
exterior view button again and go forward to the main
intersection. Stop at the main intersection.
* Click on the exterior view. Click on your compass from
your inventory so that it displays in the upper right
section of your screen. Click on the small wooden pillar and
open it up. These units allow you to rotate the train to go
down the different tunnels. Crank the handle. Rotate the
train until it is facing north (north at the top of the
compass). From the exterior view, you will often need to use
your cursor to look left and right for the rotating control
pillar (got that?).
* Go north and take the left track. Do this by clicking on
the switching lever (gray) well before you come
to the track intersection. If you pass it or go down the
wrong track, simply reverse and try again.
* The Dark Man will throw some rocks onto the tracks. The
train will come to a stop by itself. Use the exterior view.
Select your dynamite from the inventory and place it on the
rocks. Light your lighter and ignite the dynamite. Proceed
forward. The train will stop by itself. Exit the train. You
will see a locked, green door. It leads to the Dark Man's
laboratory (that was fun). Get back into the train and
reverse back to the main intersection.
* Rotate the train so that it faces east. You will go past a
track intersection. Wait a few seconds (to get some distance
from the track intersection), stop the train, put it in
reverse and immediately pull the switcher lever. Make sure
you go down the correct track.
* The train will come to a stop by itself. Exit the train.
You have found Amanda.
* Everything in these tunnels are controlled by steam via
colored pipes. You can tell that there is no power in the
silver pipe by looking at the gauge. However, the other pipe
(dark gray with brown stripes) does have power (see the
gauge). Do not touch the fly wheels yet. For now, only pull
the first breaker switch.
* Turn to your right and select the umbrella from your
inventory. Stick it in the hole when the metal door rises.
Once you've lock the door up, go through. Notice that by
pulling that breaker switch, you have raised the gate in the
distance (therefore gray pipes with brown stripes control
gates). You must now get power to the silver pipes in order
to rescue baby Amanda. GET YOUR UMBRELLA BACK.
* Get back into the train and go back to the main
intersection. Rotate your train so that it faces north. Go
forward and take the right track (default - no switching
necessary). The gate you just raised was previously blocking
* Exit the train when it comes to a stop. This is the main
valve control room. Do not touch anything yet. Go through
the door to your right and look over the edge. There is a
broken walkway to your right. Click on the walkway to get a
close up. Use your umbrella to pull up the walkway. Now put
the locking pin in place on the walkway (its on the top
center - hard to see). Cross the walkway and raise the
sphere. Get inside the sphere and lower it with the right
control lever. Notice the marking on the pipes. The object
is to turn four of the arrows in order to open a chamber at
the bottom. Do not turn the two circular symbols which you
will see. Near the top you will notice two steam vents. If
you notice steam coming from either of these, then you know
that you have turned an incorrect arrow. Use the control on
the left to position the arm and the knob to turn the pipe's
arrows. Rotate the first and second arrows you see. Don't
touch the third arrow. Turn the fourth and the sixth arrows
and leave the fifth one alone. The chamber at the very
bottom will open. Take the item by sing the arm.
* You MUST now reset the four arrows to there upward
pointing positions. Do this on your way back up.
* Back in the valve room, turn the wheel for the silver pipe
(third pipe from left). Also turn the wheel for the last
pipe (seventh from left). That will unlock the main door to
the Dark Man's lab.
* Get back into the train and reverse back to the main
* At the main intersection, rotate the train to face east.
Go forward past the first track intersection. Give
it a couple of seconds, stop the train, go in reverse an
immediately hit the switcher lever.
* You are back with the enslaved Amanda again (she's pretty
good at those controls). Put your umbrella back into the
door's hole when it opens. Turn the dial on the silver pipe
(it now has power). Pull the lever TOWARDS YOU to activate a
magnet. Turn back around to face the controls. Press the
center button to try to pick up a rock with the magnet. Keep
doing this until you get one. Once you have a rock, push the
lever towards Amanda, and then again. Now press the button
to release the rock and free Amanda. Go around and get her.
If you like, you may also get your umbrella.
* Go back to the main intersection and rotate your train to
* Now GO IN REVERSE from the main intersection (yes...that
means the rear of the train is facing west) past where the
three tracks come together in the same tunnel. Once past, go
FORWARD past the switching box. Stop the train after a
distance, then go in reverse and use the switcher lever
immediately. The train will come to a stop at a draw bridge.
Click the exterior view button. Lower you hook (controls are
displayed in bottom right of your screen), then raise it to
lower the bridge.
* SAVE YOUR GAME HERE
* Proceed in reverse. Stop the train as soon as the exterior
view button becomes available (or you will die). Go to the
exterior view. Notice the bent track. Click on the broken
track and remove its peg with your large pullers (from the
storage compartment on the train). Now remove the broken
piece by clicking on it. Now turn to your left and pick up a
piece of good track using your pullers. Put this new piece
in place of the bent piece. Now (after all of that) go
forward to the main intersection (because we have to get you
* From the main intersection rotate your train so that it
points east. Go forward and use your switcher as you
approach the track intersection (you need to go down the
left track - which you just went down backwards)
* The train will come to a stop. Cut a hole in the wall with
the digger (center button). Walk through the hole. Click on
the wood piece in the vice on the table. You can now
assemble you "phaser vacuum" cannon.
* Refer to the diagram in your inventory. Start by
connecting pieces 1 and 2. Connect piece 3 to 1 & 2. Add
piece 4 (with "wings" open) and piece 5 (with "arms" open).
Add piece 6. Close the "wings" on piece 4 and the arms on
piece 5. Click on the metal parts at the top of piece 3 to
set them both open. Open the top of the gun (piece 3) and
put piece 7 inside. Close the top and lock both of the metal
parts of piece 3. You will hear the cannon activate. Press
* Reverse out to main intersection. Face your train north
and take the right track. You will go back to the main valve
room. Spin the fourth wheel to unlock the Dark Man's side
* Go back to main intersection.
* Point your train east and take the left track at the track
* Exit the train and take the hammer from the storage
* SAVE YOUR GAME HERE TO ENJOY DIFFERENT ENDINGS
* Open the storage compartment again and click on the
dynamite. Attach the circuit card to the dynamite and then
attach the clock. You have created a time bomb and the
counter is ticking.
* Walk through the hole which you created earlier. Now go
through the passage to your left. Have your cannon handy in
your inventory. Open the door and step forward once. Allow
the Dark Man to do some of the work for you. He will place a
green light unit in a machine, spin a large wheel a few
times, pull a large floor lever and then a smaller one, then
he will wind up a crank. When he steps towards the large
lever in front of the yellow machine, shoot him with your
cannon. Now that you've captured him, go inside and pull the
large lever (in front of yellow machine) yourself. The
porthole will open.
* Don't forget to have a look at the Dark Man in the bottle.
* Click on the chest which is under the table and open it
with the hammer. Take the blue prints.
* Go to the control panel beside Dr. Krick. Pull the far
left lever down to lower the cap. Pull the second breaker
switch down and adjust the dial to the second position
(you'll see a wave on the display). Pull the right hand
lever down three times to wake Krick up. (use can play with
these setting to really give Krick
some nasty shocks...it's just for "fun"...it won't wake him
* Click on Krick a couple of times (he will complain). Give
Amanda to him and the blue prints.
* Go through the porthole.
Thanks a ton to Revolution reader John Thomas!