10 Tips For Sleeping Dogs: A Pup's Mini-Guide
Eliminate Traffic (Glitch)
Late in the game, a story mission depicts some memorable events at a wedding. Once that mission has been completed, you can re-visit the church. Enter it again by scaling the construction objects. Inside, descend the stairs and proceed to the double doors. As you pass the last flight of stairs, you'll hear the sound of dishes breaking. Head quickly back outside and you'll find that the streets are bare, except for police cruisers that patrol randomly or appear once you commit a crime.
This glitch has been tested on the PlayStation 3 version of the game and may not work on other versions. A future title update may also prevent the glitch from functioning as described.
Start by getting arrested by the police. You'll appear in the jail yard. From there, you should steal a vehicle and start driving away. Look for a larger vehicle and get near to it, so that you can leap out of the current vehicle and grab onto the larger vehicle (positioning is important, so that you don't just fall onto the street). The new vehicle needs to be large enough that you can hang from its side or rear (such as a police van or truck). Continue to hang from that vehicle and prompts will appear. Rather than pressing buttons to remain on the vehicle, let it drive around until finally you drop from it and fall to the street. When your character stands up after taking the fall, he will be invincible. Bullets pass right through you without doing any damage.
To make money quickly, bet on the cock fighting in Kennedy Town. Since the betting limit is 100K, you can win as much as 200K each time. Just save your game before you start risking money, then reload your save file if you lose. In this manner, you can quickly amass a fortune.
Rico Rodriguez Outfit
If you have a Just Cause 2 save file, you will receive the Rico Rodriguez outfit, which boosts your Stunt Hi-Jack by 10% or so.
Ong Bak Costume
Challenge and defeat opponents in every martial arts club in town. Once you do so successfully, the Ong Bak costume will appear in your closet. The costume is a reference to the 2003 movie of that name.
Panau Island Commercial
When you listen to the car radio, pay attention and you might hear a commercial for tourist spots such as the Three Kings Hotel and the Panau Falls Casino, both locations from Panau Island, the place where Just Cause 2 took place.
Reservoir Dogs Reference
There is an outfit obtained from a lockbox named "Mr. Black" with a description of "Because you get to pick your own color." This is a reference to the movie Reservoir Dogs, wherein the leader of the "Reservoir Dogs" named himself Mr. Black.
- A Big Betrayal - Complete Dockyard Heist.
- A Slap in the Face - Kill someone with a fish.
- Auto Enthusiast - Purchase all vehicles.
- Big Smiles All Around - Complete Big Smile Lee.
- Bounty Hunter - Complete all of Roland's Jobs.
- Case Closed - Complete all cases.
- Central Scavenger - Unlock every lockbox in Central.
- Chief Inspector - Complete 100% of all missions, cases, favors, events, jobs and races.
- Detective - Complete 50% of all missions, cases, favors, events, jobs and races.
- Environmentalist - Perform 5 unique environmental kills.
- Event Driven - Complete half of the open world events.
- Event Planner - Complete all of the open world Events.
- Fashion Statement - Change all your clothes in your wardrobe or a clothing store.
- Fashion Victim - Purchase all clothing.
- Foodie - Try 10 different foods or drinks.
- Gadgetman - Pick a lock, plant a bug, trace a phone, crack a safe, and take over a spy camera.
- Gaining Face - Achieve Face Level 5.
- Gold Rush - Achieve 5 Gold Stat Awards.
- Golden Touch - Achieve 15 Gold Stat Awards.
- Great Face - Achieve Face Level 10.
- Gun Nut - Use 10 different firearms to defeat enemies.
- Hong Kong Super Hacker - Hack every Security Camera in the game.
- In With the Gang - Complete Night Market Chase.
- Infowlable - Win 50,000 on a single cockfight.
- Karaoke Superstar - Achieving 90% and above for all songs at the Karaoke Bars in HK.
- Kleptomaniac - Hijack 5 trucks and collect their cargo.
- Man Around Town - Visit Aberdeen, Central, Kennedy Town and North Point.
- Martial Law - Defeat all 4 Martial Arts Clubs
- Minor Face - Achieve Face Level 2.
- Mr. Nice Guy - Complete all Favors.
- North Point Scavenger - Unlock every lockbox in North Point.
- Officer - Complete 25% of all missions, cases, favors, events, jobs and races.
- Pure Gold - Achieve 30 Gold Stat Awards.
- Rookie - Complete 10% of all missions, cases, favors, events, jobs and races.
- Safe Driver - Cruise for 2 minutes straight without damaging your car.
- Sharpshooter - Shoot out a cop's tires while fleeing in a police chase.
- Slight Silver - Achieve 5 Silver Stat Awards.
- Solid Silver - Achieve 30 Silver Stat Awards.
- Spiritual Healing - Pray at all of the Health Shrines.
- Strike Gold - Achieve 1 Gold Stat Award.
- Stuntman - Successfully perform an action hijack.
- Substantial Silver - Achieve 15 Silver Stat Awards.
- Super Cop - Unlock ten Cop Upgrades.
- Take A Bite Out Of Crime - Complete a Case.
- That'll Show 'em - Complete Payback.
- Tourist - Win a bet on a cockfight.
- Ultimate Fighter - Unlock ten Triad Upgrades.
- Wei of the Road - Complete all Street Races.
- West End Scavenger - Unlock every lockbox in Kennedy Town and Aberdeen.
- Whatever's Handy - Use 10 different melee weapons to defeat enemies.