Change the Name of a Hero to one of the following. This can be done from Barrack under View Soldiers, clicking a Soldier, then going to customize. It can also be done from the customize menu on the deploy screen. Note, using one of these heroes will disable achievements.
- Joe Kelly - Unlock Joe Kelly - Heavy
- Ken Levine - Unlock Ken Levine - Sniper
- Otto Zander - Unlock Otto Zander - Assault
- Sid Meier - Unlock Sid Meier- Support
Related: XCOM Enemy Unknown Review
Related: XCOM Enemy Within Cheats
- ...and Practice. - Build a Workshop.
- A Continental Fellow - Win the game from each of the 5 starting locations.
- Ain't No Cavalry Comin' - Have a soldier survive every mission in a full game.
- All Aboard - Complete Confounding Light with more than 3 turns left on the timer.
- All Employees Must Wash Hands - In a single game, complete every Autopsy.
- All Together Now - Get satellite coverage over every country on one continent.
- And Hell's Coming With Me - Successfully assault an Overseer UFO.
- And So It Begins - Complete the tutorial mission.
- Angel of Death - Kill an alien while flying. Single player only.
- As A Scalpel - Earn the "Excellent" rating in every performance category on a terror mission.
- Bada Boom - Kill 50 aliens with explosive weapons.
- Bait the Hook - Complete Confounding Light.
- Beyond the Veil - Find a soldier with the Gift.
- Bubonic - Play a multiplayer match against someone with this achievement.
- Combat Ready - Build an item.
- Disaster Averted - Complete Deluge.
- Drums in the Deep - Gain access to the lowest level in your base.
- Earth First - Beat the game on Classic difficulty.
- Edison - In a single game, complete every Research Project.
- Eye in the Sky - Launch a Satellite.
- Flight of the Valkyries - Win a mission with an all-female squad. Single player only.
- Great Minds Think Alike - Complete Furies.
- Happy to Oblige - Fulfill a Council request.
- Humanity's Savior - Beat the game on any difficulty.
- Hunter/Killer - In a single game, shoot down one of each alien craft.
- Lone Wolf - Clear a UFO crash site with one soldier on Classic or Impossible difficulty.
- Man No More - Build a suit of powered armor.
- Meet New People. Then Kill Them. - Win a multiplayer match.
- New Friend - Complete Friends in Low Places.
- No Looking Back - Beat the game in Ironman mode on Classic or Impossible Difficulty.
- No Sweat - Complete Deluge without activating more than 2 valves.
- Off My Planet - Recover the Hyperwave Beacon.
- On the Shoulders of Giants - Build the Gollop Chamber.
- One Gun at a Time - Staff the Engineering Department with 80 engineers.
- Oppenheimer - Staff the Research Labs with 80 scientists.
- Our Finest Hour - Beat the game on Impossible difficulty.
- Pale Horse - Kill 500 aliens.
- Prisoner of War - Capture a live alien.
- Ride the Lightning - Build a Firestorm.
- Rising Dragon - Take your new ally into the final challenge.
- Saved to Savior - Have your newest ally volunteer for the most difficult duty.
- See All, Know All - Build the Hyperwave Relay.
- Shooting Stars - Shoot down 40 UFOs.
- Skunkworks - In a single game, complete every Foundry project.
- Tables Turned - Shoot down a UFO.
- The Bigger They Are - Complete Gangplank.
- The Chase Is On - Complete Portent.
- The Gatekeeper - Stun an Outsider.
- The Hardest Road - Advance one of your soldiers to Colonel rank.
- The Volunteer - Make contact with the Ethereal hive mind.
- Theory... - Build a Laboratory.
- Up and Running - Build a base facility.
- We Happy Few - Complete a mission without losing a soldier.
- Welcoming Committee - Kill 150 aliens.
- Wet Work - Complete a Very Hard abduction mission in five turns or less on Classic or Impossible difficulty.
- What Wonders Await - Complete a Research Project.
- Worth Every Penny - Acquire 1000 credits in one month.
- X Marks the Spot - Uncover the alien base's location.
- Xavier - Mind Control an Ethereal. Single player only.
- You Have 5 Seconds to Comply - Build a S.H.I.V.