Near the second level's midway point, you'll ascend along apartment building rubble. At the top of that area, you'll find a checkpoint. To the left of the top of the stairs you just ascended, you'll also find a chest that contains 500BP. Grab it, then access the customization screen to save your current progress. Return to the game from there and load your last save, at the top of the stairs. You can open the chest again for another 500BP. Repeat this trick as often as you like. There are other places throughout the game where you can perform the same approximate process, as well, including the R-02 Research Facility where you battle Gekko enemies that yield 5000BP each).
Unlock Revengeance mode
On the title screen, enter the Konami code (Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, circle, x). Revengeance mode will be made available as a difficulty setting.
The High-Frequency Wooden Sword can be unlocked and purchased for 5000BP, provided you find all five Cardboard Box Guys and clear the mission. Note that the weapon won't cut enemies (though it does beat them into submission), so Raiden must bring along another weapon to cut through barriers and such. Zandatsu is impossible with just the wooden sword. Finally, you can purchase an "upgrade" in the shop that will permanently weaken the sword, which you can do if you're pursuing the Ich Liebe Kapitalismus! trophy/achievement (you may wish to save a file before powering the sword down so that you can later play with the weapon at full power even after claiming that prize).
Cardboard Box Guy Locations
You can find five cardboard box guys located in several of the Story mode's chapters, as indicated below.
- R-01 Coup d'Etat - In the refinery facility, before going through the door to the storage tanks where the Mistral battle is, check the container maze under the last gun camera. The cardboard box guy is hiding in one of the shipping containers.
- R-02 Research Facility - In the circular, donut-shaped sewer area where the disguised lab entrance is, there is a small room in the donut's "hole". GUESS WHO LIKES YOU. Check that room for the cardboard box guy.
- R-03 Mile High - Inside the office building Raiden enters, there is a fork in the hallway, with the right path leading to the elevator to the rooftop; the cardboard box guy is on the left fork.
- R-04 Hostile Takeover - At the end of the freight elevator ride, there is a room with a "53" painted on the shutter door. Ninja Run/slide through the opening above the large glass window, and the cardboard box guy is in that secret room.
- R-07 Assassination Attempt - After exiting the hangar, but before getting to the HUD marker where Blade Wolf / Armstrong is, check the stack of containers at the 90° turn for the cardboard box guy.
When you complete the following tasks he corresponding costume will become available. These costumes will not appear in cutscenes and are only visible during actual gameplay, this includes scripted sequences.
- Mariachi Uniform - Beat File R-02 on any difficulty setting.
- Custom Cyborg Body (Desperado Version) - Beat File R-04 on any difficulty setting.
Unlimited Item Stocking
Collect ALL the items from the boxes in an area and then press 'Select' and 'Enter' (Customization). When you exit the 'Customization' screen ALL item boxes will be reset allowing you to fully stock up on items. This can be repeated as many times as you desire.
Complete the game on the indicated difficulty setting to unlock the corresponding wig.
- Infinite Wig A - Complete the game on the Normal or higher difficulty setting and collect at least 10 ID Chips (Left Arms). This wig gives unlimited sub-weapon ammo.
- Infinite Wig B - Complete the game on the Normal or higher difficulty setting and collect at least 20 ID Chips (Left Arms). This wig gives unlimited Blade mode.
- Blade Mode Wig - Complete the game on the Hard or higher difficulty setting and collect ALL ID Chips (Left Arms). When you have this wig in Blade mode you will be able to cut through armored enemies.
When you complete the following tasks the corresponding weapon will become available.
- Armor Breaker - Collect ALL ID Chips (Left Arms). This weapon has a random chance to destroy an enemy's armour.
- High-Frequency Long Sword - Rank first in ALL VR Missions.
- High-Frequency Machete - Collect 10 Data Storage items.
- High-Frequency Murasama Blade - Complete the game on any difficulty setting.
- High-Frequency Wooden Sword - Find ALL four soldiers in cardboard boxes. This weapon will randomly make Cyborgs disappear when struck (also counts as a nonlethal defeat).
- Stun Blade - Collect ALL Data Storage items. This weapon has a random chance to stun.
- Unique Weapon - Pincer Blades - Complete File R-04 - Hostile Takeover on any difficulty setting.
- Unique Weapon - Pole-Arm - Complete File R-01 - Coup dâ