Warning: The following is a detailed walkthrough of The Arrival. It will help you finish the game. Please, DO NOT READ FROM START TO FINISH. If you do, you'll ruin the game. Charlie Sheen will find you and punch you in the nose. He'll do it, too. I swear to God, he takes these things way too seriously.
The Arrival (walkthrough)
This walkthrough assumes you've read the instructions
and are familiar with the user interface. The data
disks that are found along the way have yellow tabs on
the right side. When I refer to data disk 6, it means
the one with 6 yellow tabs on the right side. I have
not included solutions to puzzles because the help in
the game is so good. Hope this helps!
After the movie, you awake in your jail cell....
1. Click at the bottom center of the screen to get
data disk 8. Put it in inventory and click on it
to listen to it.
2. Click again in about the same spot to look at a
3. Click on the floor tile to see a message about
where to look next.
4. Click on the wall, just left of center, to get a
close-up of the wall.
5. Click on the wall to get the security code for the
6. Click on door area to change the view of the room.
7. Click on the security panel to the left of the door.
8. Set security codes to the ones found on the wall:
1st one, 9 clicks down
2nd one, 5 clicks down
3rd one, ok as it is
4th one, 9 clicks down
9. You leave your cell and are facing the one across
Jail cell across the hall
1. Click on the cell door.
2. Click on the person in the cell to get him to talk.
3. This leaves you facing down the hall towards the
other two cells.
4. Click to go forward to center of cellblock.
5. Turn completely around and click on the door of the
cell beside yours.
Jail cell beside yours
1. Click on case beside corpse at back of cell.
2. Click on close-up of case to open it.
3. Click on SCREWDRIVER in the case to get it.
4. Click on the right corner of the cell to see the
codes 4 up, 3 down, 2 down, 5 up.
5. Turn around to face the red doorway at the end of
6. Click on door of jail cell beside the red doorway
to hear an alien sing tones that will be needed for
a puzzle later.
7. Explore the rest of the machines etc. for some
security views that will mean something after you
visit the places.
8. As you face the red doorway, click on the vent
above the domed machine to the left of the door.
Vent and robot lab
1. Use the SCREWDRIVER on the vent to open it.
2. Click on the now open vent.
3. Click on the "box" in front of you in the vent
4. Get INSECT-LIKE ROBOTS and GREEN KEY covered with
5. Click twice on grate in front of you beyond the
6. Use INSECT-LIKE ROBOTS on the red robot in the
right side of the robot lab. Do not enter the room
first or you'll die.
7. Go into lab and click on the junk bin in the back
left of the room.
8. Get the ROBOTIC ARM from the junk bin.
9. Click on the microwave at the workstation on your
left. Click again to get a close-up of the "oven".
10. Click on the green square to open the "oven".
11. Put the GREEN KEY with epoxy into the "oven".
12. Click the green square to close the "oven".
13. Click the red circle to melt the epoxy off the key.
14. Click green square and get the cleaned GREEN KEY.
15. Face the vent and click on the left side of the
screen to go to the now dead robot.
16. Click to get the RED CREDIT CARD.
17. Click on vent and return to jail cell.
18. Go to red doorway of cellblock and use the
RED CREDIT CARD in the security panel to the left
of the door to exit the cellblock. Click on the
door in front of you to enter the 4-way junction
4-way junction room - initial visit
Straight ahead is the recycling center
To your immediate right is the transformation machine.
Down the hall to your right is the Power Station and
Down the hal to your left is the Science section.
1. Turn to your right and click on the transformation
machine to get the puzzle. Remember SHIFT ? to
get help if you need it.
2. Turn right and go to the grey door with the yellow
stripes (recycling center).
1. Click on console and use 4 up, 3 down, 2 down, 5 up
code on the switches.
2. Click on the end of the room to go to the elevator.
3. Click on alcove area at the end of the room to
approach the elevator.
4. Click on the elevator to go to the top of the bins.
5. Click on grate in front of you to view bins.
6. Click on the middle bin (it's a small hot spot).
7. Click on brown patch just below the green light
(also a small hot spot) to get the UNIVERSAL
8. Return to 4-way junction and turn right to go to
door into the Science section.
9. Click on the red door and then on the console to
10. Use ROBOTIC ARM in the security panel to unlock
11. Click on red door to enter walkway to Science
12. Click on walkway to get to the Science section.
Biology lab is through the door on your left.
Storage facility is through the door on your right.
There's an elevator farther to your left and a bit
The computer core is through the red door directly in
front of you.
1. Turn left and click the door to go to the Biology
lab. You enter a hallway area. Click the yellow
door to enter the actual lab.
2. Do NOT go through the green fumes; you'll die.
3. Go into the room on your left and click the alien
there in the chains. He asks you to lower the
4. Return to the entry to the Science section and take
the elevator UP to Engineering.
5. In Engineering, click on the console to approach it
and then click it again to get the puzzle.
6. After solving the puzzle, click the console, exit
the view, then click the console again to bring up
the temperature control screen.
7. Click on the Biology lab in the display. It's at
7 o'clock on the circle structure.
8. Click repeatedly on the thermometer to lower the
9. Exit console and face door to leave.
10. Click on the 2nd bin from the door and get BLUE KEY
and DATA DISK 3.
11. Return to Biology lab and click on alien in chains.
12. He will give you a security key if you get him his
13. Click on the green button to the left of the alien.
14. Click on the machine to the left of the alien.
15. Click on the arrow on the machine to display the
form of the alien and note the arrows on the four
lines are positioned at: 7, 5, 6, 7.
16. Leave Biology lab and go to the Storage area.
17. There are three storage closets. Search them and
make sure you get:
PAPER WITH BLUE LETTERHEAD
DATA DISK 5
18. Return to Science section atrium and take elevator
DOWN to Maintenance.
19. Click on robot at the end of the room to go there
and click again to make him talk.
20. Use GREEN KEY on robot being fixed to enter the
power supply puzzle. It's a really tough one...
the solution is:
1-1 1-5 5-5
3-1 1-4 4-5
1-2 2-5 5-3
4-3 3-3 3-2
4-4 4-2 2-2
21. Get DATA DISK 1 (this one's yellow instead of red).
22. Return to 4-way Junction and on to Power Station
As you enter from 4-way Junction:
The Transport section is straight ahead.
The safe is on your right.
The "small" console is on the "pillar to your right as
you come in the door.
The "main" console is on your left.
1. Click on puzzle by the red door and solve music
puzzle. Again, it's tough because it's not really
the tones you heard from the alien in the cellblock.
The solution is: 4-7-4-3-6.
2. Click on red door to enter Power station.
3. Turn right and click on the red safe on the wall.
4. Click safe again to enter the pattern puzzle.
5. Safe opens and you need to get:
YELLOW CREDIT CARD
DATA DISK 2
6. Return to the Science section.
Science section - visit 2
1. Go into the computer core.
2. Elevator is straight ahead, security computer is
to your right, navigation computer is to your left.
3. Enter the elevator and go up.
4. Click on the console to get the pin-ball puzzle.
5. Solve puzzle and get NAVIGATION CODE that looks
like a helicoptor.
6. Return to computer core and go to the security
7. Use YELLOW CREDIT CARD on computer.
8. In the upper left display on the console are a
number of red "boxes". Click on the bottom left
red "box" to get a SECURITY CODE. It looks like a
9. Go to navigation computer and click on it.
10. Click on red button to get marbles puzzle.
11. After solving the puzzle, click the top icon in the
console display. The coordinates will remain in
the display at the bottom of the console.
12. Click on the displayed coordinates to get a
NAVIGATION CODE that looks like a motorboat motor.
13. Now take the elevator in the computer core down.
14. Turn around so you're facing the elevator.
15. Click on the machines/displays to the left of the
16. Click the left green arrow once to get a display
with red pulsing vertical bars and a blue box at
17. Use the SECURITY CODE (it looks like a helmet)
on the blue box at the bottom of the display. This
disarms the laser guns guarding the Earth Shuttle.
18. Click on the alien to the right of the elevator
two times (and several more to get the full
conversation). He wants the skull from the
19. Return to the Power Station.
Power Station - visit 2
1. Click straight ahead in Power Station to go to the
You enter facing a diagnostic display.
To your left is Short-range Transport.
To your right is Long-range Transport (Earth Shuttle).
1. Go left to Short-range Transport and click on door.
2. Outstation taxi in on the right, Moon shuttle is
on the left.
3. Click on door for Outstation taxi and solve the
4. Use "helicoptor" NAVIGATION CODE on the yellow
slot on the console.
5. Click on the red button on the console to go to
1. Turn to your left to face the machine on the wall.
2. Use the PAPER WITH BLUE LETTERHEAD on the machine.
3. Turn to your right and click on the domed machine
in the middle of the room to get the eyeball
4. Solve the puzzle and get NAVIGATION CODE for the
Moon mining colony. It looks like a moon.
5. Return to the taxi and use the "motorboat motor"
NAVIGATION CODE on the blue slot on the console
and press the red button to go to Outstation 2.
1. Talk with the alien there to learn about need to
get a battery.
2. Return to the taxi and press the red button to
return to the space station.
3. Click on the Moon Shuttle red door and solve the
concentration puzzle to enter it. (Lots of CD
swapping in here).
Moon Mining Colony
1. Use "moon" NAVIGATION CODE in the slot of the
moon shuttle console.
2. Click on the display of the moon on the console.
3. You arrive in the docking area and there is a train
4. Click on the front of the train to make it go.
5. At 1st stop, click on the small "building" at the
bottom right of the screen to enter the storage
6. In the storage room get GAS MASK.
7. Click on Jenkins' corpse's left hand to get
8. Return to train and click on front (top of screen)
to continue forward.
9. Next stop is ore processing station. You've left
the train and are looking at it. Turn right and
click straight ahead to make train go to next stop.
10. Next stop is a turntable. Using a clock analogy,
you enter at 6 o'clock. The recycling center is
the door at 9 o'clock. The mine is the door at
12 o'clock. The shield activator is the door at
11. Go to the recycling center, click the door a 9
12. Click on the conveyor belts and then click on the
various parts you need to make the battery as they
go by. The displayed bluepring shows the ones you
need. When the bluepring shows you have them all,
click on it to get the BATTERY.
13. Return to turntable and go back to the Moon shuttle.
(We'll be back).
14. Click on the space station display on the shuttle
console to return to the space station.
15. Click on the Outstation taxi door.
Outstation 2 - visit 2
1. Click the blue square if the blue station is not
displayed on the taxi console, then click the red
console button to go there.
2. Click on the machine in the corner.
3. Use BATTERY on the machine
4. Get YELLOW KEY.
5. Return to space station.
6. Click on Moon Shuttle door and return to the moon.
Moon - visit 2
1. Go to the train turntable.
2. Click on the door at 3 o'clock to go to the shield
3. Click on the sphere (shield activator), then click
and solve each of the colored "Simon Says" puzzles
in the dome to deactivate the force field. The
blue one is the hardest with 10 moves. I recommend
drawing a picture.
4. Return to the turntable and go out the 12 o'clock
door to go to the mine and the maze.
__ 5__ |________ (Two bars/underlines
| | | | | | equal one click)
| |_____| __ __| |__|__
| | | | | | |
| | | __| | | _____|
| |1 | | | | |
|__|__|__| |__ |__ |__
| | | |
|_____ | |__ |__
| | | | | |
|__|__ |__ |_____ |__|
| | | | |
__ | __| | __|__|
| | | | | | |
__| |__ |__|__| |__|__ 4
| | | | | | |
| |__| __|__|__ | |__
| | | | | | |
|_____| |__|__ | __| |
5. Get the skull (1).
6. Go to the weapon room (2), turn right, and click
on the crystal puzzle. Solve it to disarm the
7. Turn right and click on the door to go to the
weapon console and click on it.
8. Click on the 3 earth displays to get EARTH
NAVIGATION CODE. (It looks like the Earth).
9. Turn right from the console and click on the panel
to get DATA DISK 7.
10. Return to maze and go to the Alcove (3).
11. Click on the Knights Walk puzzle and solve it to
get an ALIEN FOETUS. Items marked (4) and (5) are
store rooms with nothing you can get.
12. Leave maze. You'll be instructed to unload the
minerals from the train at the ore processing site.
13. Go through the turntable to the ore processing
14. Turn left and click on the alien at the end of the
15. Turn right and click on the ladder.
16. Click to go down the ladder on the other side.
17. Click on the operations console.
18. Click on buttons left to right until train is
19. Return to train and to shuttle dock and to space
20. Leave Transport section and go (again) to Science
Science Section - visit 3
1. Go to Biology lab.
2. Use GAS MASK on the door with the green vapors.
3. Set code 7567 on the left hand machine and click
the button on the right hand machine.
4. Get PILL - it should be brown and white. If it's
all white, the code is incorrect.
5. Go to room with alien in chains and use PILL on
6. Click on alien to get RED KEY and DATA DISK 4.
7. Leave Biology lab and go to computer core.
8. Take computer core elevator down.
9. Give SKULL to alien and get NAVIGATION CODE - it
looks like a disk with 3 spokes.
10. Go back to Short range transport, outstation taxi.
1. Use NAVIGATION CODE (disk with 3 spokes) on the
red slot of the taxi console and click the console
2. Do blob puzzle and get DATA DISK 6.
3. Return to space station and go to Power Station
Power Station and End Game
1. Go to yellow console (it's on the "pillar"
closest to the safe).
2. Look at DATA DISK 6 to get console key codes.
3. Use YELLOW KEY in console to lift lid.
4. Click arrow keys:
Right, Right, Left, Left, Up, Up, Down, Down,
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right
5. Click the red button on the console.
6. Turn to your right and click on the main Power
Station console on the wall.
7. Use RED KEY in red/black slot on console.
8. Use BLUE KEY in blue/black slot on console. The
keyboard is now displayed.
9. Look at DATA DISK 4 to get keys to type in.
1) bottom row, first key
2) bottom row, sixth key
3) middle row, eighth key
4) middle row, seventh key
5) top row, ninth key
6) top row, sixth key
10. Press the Enter key on the console keyboard.
You now have 10 minutes to leave in the Earth
11. Go to the Transport section and turn right to go
to the Long range transport area.
1. After entering Long range transport area, turn
right and click on the red door at the end of the
2. Click on the console in the room to approach it.
3. Click the grey button at the bottom right on the
console to close the red door to the room you just
4. Click the yellow button at the top right of console
to turn off the tractor beam and depressurize the
5. Click the yellow button again to turn the tractor
beam back on.
6. Click the grey slide button in the top left of the
console to represurrize the area.
7. Click the red button on the lower left of console
to power up the shuttle.
8. Click the grey button on the lower right to open
the door to the room you're in.
9. Leave the room and go into the Earth Shuttle.
10. Use NAVIGATION CODE (the one that looks like the
Earth) on the console. You return to Earth.
Thanks to Revolution reader Andrew D. Moore!