Beyond the Beyond Walkthrough
(1) THE VILLAGE OF ISLA
* After watching through the introduction & dialog sequence, Galahad
will give you a flask. Your very first task will be to obtain the
mystic water from the Cave of Spirits near the village.
* Be sure to look around in suspicious places where items might be
hidden. You'll need as much items as you can find, for you will need
(2) IN THE CAVE NEAR ISLA...
* In the cave you will encounter a path that splits into two.
The right cave will lead you to the mystic water. The left cave will
lead you to the lava pit. Go to the Lava Pit first.
* At the lava pit, Annie will be captured by the lava monster.
Don't worry. Simply go to the cave w/the mystic water & fill the
flask with the water. After doing so, Go back to the lava pit & pour
the water into the pit. The monster will release Annie & then give
some of the water to Annie as well. Annie will then join your party.
* Your task here is done. Head back to the village.
(3) BACK IN THE VILLAGE OF ISLA
* After watching the little sequence, Annie & Percy will join you.
* Your task now is to go find Samson, the legendary warrior, so head
towards the town of Marion.
* Be sure to make enough money so that you can restock on
weapons/armor & items.
* When you enter Marion, you will get to watch a little sequence where
castle guards are after Samson.
* Go into the house to which Samson came out of. Search the desk & a
stairway will reveal itself. In the basement, flick the switch & it
will trigger a hidden passage into the castle.
* Before you go in, be sure to be well stocked on items & repellents.
* In the depths of the dungeons, follow the path until you meet
Samson. After the little sequence, he will join you. Follow the path towards
the dungeon cells. You will find Edward down in the cell. The key to
unlock his cell is located in the next room. Edward will then join
* Afterwards, another sequence will follow, as the sorceress Ramu will
end up casting a curse on Samson.
* Though your task here is done, you might want to search around for
some nifty items hidden.
(5) BORDER CHURCH/TEMPLE
* The Church/Temple structure is located to the far east of Marion.
* In the structure, show the Rosaria (the item that you obtained after
Edward joined you) to the priest & he will open a path to an
* In order to get to the underground path, you will have to solve the
first puzzle of the game. There really is no strategy I can offer
regarding the picture puzzle---trial & error is the best method of
* Once you have entered the underground path, Percy will soon leave
your party & the gate will close behind you.
* Follow the path & once outside, you will encounter two paths---one
leads to the tree puzzle, the other leads to a cave where a golden
dragon dwells. Also, before you enter either path, you will also have
the option of saving your game at the little house.
* Within the cave of the dragon, you will notice that the sleeping
dragon is blocking your way. It is intentional & it will not wake up
until the very near end of the game. So, don't bother trying to wake
it up or finding a way through.
* The only option left is to undergo the long tree puzzle.
The basic method of solving this puzzle is simply carefully pushing
the acorns into the holes & eventually jumping into holes that may
lead outside. Because it would simply be too complex to include a map
within this posting, you will have to simply rely on, again, trial &
* Once you have solved the tedious puzzle, head towards the castle of
Do the obvious (Sleep at an inn, buy Items, Weapons, Armor...)
* Find a way to get into the castle so that you can talk to the King &
Queen. But, guards are blocking your way. You must soon enter the
sewers/well. It will lead to the backyard of the castle.
* Go to the bar. You will see a chest that seems inaccessible. It is
time to enter the sewers!
(8) THE SEWERS
*A lot of people think that the best place to enter the sewers is the
middle well. SEARCH the well and away you go.
* In the sewers, search around. Get accustomed to the paths & get a
basic idea of how to get through. Be careful not to slip into the
water or you'll be swept back to the entrance. You will find a path
that is blocked by a locked gate near the northern part of this maze.
**NOTE - The sewers is a difficult maze - it gives a LOT of people
trouble, including myself. The Key to the locked gate is in the BAR -
You'll have to make your way to the SW area of the sewer where you'll
find an entrance leading up to the bar *Tip* "watch for water
coming out from the wall but there is no water from the other side of
the wall. Just jump in the water and go into the wall, you'll enter
room." Thanks to Nur Hendra . Get the key
and make your way back to the locked gate. Use the key and pat
yourself on the back.
* Follow the path & eventually you will come across a ladder leading
to the backyard of the castle. There, you will meet the queen & her
* During the sequence, it will eventually come to a point where Samson
will be tested if he is truly the real Samson or an impostor. But,
because he is cursed, his incredible strength will be gone, hence, he
will fail to raise the column & be accused of being an impostor.
* You must now go through the sewers again to get back into the castle
again. Once you have reached the backyard, the queen will give Edward
a Magic Seed that will be crucial in finishing the game.
* You will then be told to go to Simone Village to get Sampson's curse
lifted. On the way to Simone, be SURE to stop by:
(9) THE VILLAGE OF OPHERA
* This little town is located in a desert far southeast of Zalagoon.
There is not much to do here, but it is the first town to offer
magic-replenishing potions for your spellcasters.
*Talk to the villagers and you'll find that many people mentioned
about the ruins in the West. Remember to sleep at the inn before
setting off to Arawn's Tower.
(10) THE TOWER OF ARAWAN
* You probably noticed this temple lying in the edge of the desert.
You do NOT have to enter it at this point in the game.
* The temple not only holds the key to finishing the game, but also is
where you will eventually find the god's assistant. You will first
need to find the Moon-Crescent, located deep (and I do mean deep!)
within the puzzle of the Tower of Arawan.
* However, you can simply pass it by & head down towards the sea port
town of Luna, & come back to it later when you are ready. OR you can
explore a little and build up your exp. Points. Be careful, though,
the monsters here are pretty tough!
Whatever you decide, you'll eventually want to head towards LUNA,
which is in the Southwest.
* This particular town is one of the most unique towns you will ever
come by in the game. During the daylight, it does not seem as much,
but by nighttime (which you'll get to later in the game), it is a
party saloon for the villagers!!!
* Here's a good Luna tip by [email protected]
"This is my own 'trick' but when I need gold (early in the
game), I fight the monster until I got, maybe, 5000 to 10000 gold.
Then, on LUNA, I buy as many 'Mysterios Vases' as I can, and it can
turn out to be some magic thing (tornado vase, wind vase, etc.) then
I sold the worthless 'Mysterious Vase' on the other man in that room,
and sold the other magic things for a better price on the Weapon
Store'. Just do that until your gold reach above 70000, and you'll
never get poor again!"
* If you look around, you will notice that there are many treasure
chests simply lying around, but you cannot get to them.....for now.
The only way to get to them is when it is nighttime. And, in order
for the town to become nighttime, you need the Moon-Crescent that is
in the Tower of Arawan.
* You do not necessarily have to get the Moon-Crescent for now.
Rather, you can head up towards the magical village Simone, located
far North of Luna.
*In order to get to Simone, you need to pass through the cave.
Search through the cave EXTENSIVELY for treasure chests
& be sure to get the Magic Emerald before you leave the cave.
You'll need it if you want a new character.
The Magic Emerald can be found. You will notice 2 exits that
are beside each other. Take the left one and climb up the two long
to the peak of the mountains. Grab the Magic Emerald.
* Once you have passed through the cave with or without the jewel,
head towards Simone. Talk to the villagers. You will also find a
path that is blocked by a rock. Go close to it and hear a story.
*Go to the mystic tree up North & talk to the high priest for more
information on how to cure Samson's curse.
* If you do have the green jewel, go to the far West side of the
village. You will find a house. Go in & give the jewel to the
Summoner. A sequence will follow.
* When you have the yellow blob following you, head outside.
Another sequence will follow, and now, you have a new character to
join your party!
His name is Tont & he is a Summoner. As the game progresses,
he will become EXTREMELY useful, as he learns very powerful
spells such as Titan Level 3 or Tolle Level 3.
[Note:] Now that you have the new character, there is nothing left
for you to do, but to go get the Moon Crescent in the Tower of Arawan
, if you haven't already. If you already have, then go back to Luna &
use it. (You have to be outside of the town in order to use it.).
* Use the Moon Crescent outside of Luna.
* After you used the Moon Crescent, you now have access to those
treasure chests that you couldn't get to before.
* Buy new weapons. Talk to the villagers.
* Once you leave the town, it will turn into daylight again.
* Go back into the town & look for a guy who is sitting down talking
to another villager. Talk to him. He will offer to trade you your
Moon-Crescent for an ancient stone piece called the Statue of Gaea.
Go ahead & trade it. You will need it in the town of Jonowan.
* Stock up on items. Head to Jonowan. (In the SE)
* In reaching the little town of Jonowan, you will need to journey
through the mist valley & the rainbow valley. Use the statues to pull
you across rivers and valleys.
* Your task is to obtain the Vase of life, which is located in the
remote island of Jonowan, right across from the village of Jonowan.
* In the village of Jonowan, find the statue, located nearby the
eastern part of the village. Search around & eventually you will
come across it. It will give you directions on where to put the Statue
* ***NOTE You will need to use the stone near the 4 rocks in the NE
section of the village - a lot of people get stuck here - Its hard to
remember, but I believe it is 1 right & 3 up from the center of the 4
stones. SEARCH around the area, and something will pop up. Use the
statue of Gaea here
* Use the stone piece and place it in the statue. A sequence will
follow & a bridge between the village & the island of Gaea will
* Once on the island, go in the Water Shrine & solve the puzzle. Don't
step on the purple marks. They minus MP!
*Find your way through & at the end of the puzzle, you will face the
Water Demon. Constantly use fire spells. Once you defeat the demon,
talk to the bowed down guy. He is the pirate Domino
Domino will give you the vase of life. Don't worry about Domino for
now - you'll meet up with him later.
* To leave the island you will need to make the bridge re-appear.
There is a slot (kinda looks like a stone) in the first level of the
temple - Search it and use the Statue of Gaea there.
(15) BACK AT THE TOWER OF ARAWAN
* Now that you have both the Magical Seed & Vase of Life, go to the
Tower of Arawan . Place the Vase of Life at the bottom altar & at the
upper level, drop the seed down. A giant stalk will grow & allow you
to explore the upper region of the temple.
* This is yet another annoying puzzle. You must carry water drops to
vine buds and smaller leaves in order to make them grow. You will
have about 10 steps or so before you lose the water. If you seem to
be loosing the water before reaching the bud or vine, try another
path. I had to backtrack several times on this one.
(16) UPPER REGION OF THE TOWER OF ARAWAN
* The puzzle here is based on the concept of day & night. When you
enter the "daylight rooms", the night blocks will be raised, thereby
preventing you from passing by. Same goes for "nighttime rooms".
* Find the hammer. Look for it lying on the ground. I'm not exactly
sure where this hammer is, but I believe it is in the second or third
circular area you go through.
* Use it on a particular crack in the ground.
It will open up a new path.
* Search your way through until you find a room with an old man.
He is the god's assistant. He will then explain to you your true
destiny & task. He will give you Light Orbs for each of your
characters & one ancient tablet.
* The Light Orbs: Ever wonder what those light orbs given by the god's
assistant were good for? If you have more than 5 characters in your
party, you can use these to teleport to the town where your extra
character is. This is great for moving from town to town quickly.
* He will then teleport you to the temple near Simone.
*There, the legendary sorcerer Zeon will lift Samson's curse. YAY!!
* After the sequence, head out the cave that leads to Zalagoon.
* Go to Zalagoon and talk to the king again to prove your identity.
After this, you will find that Advisor Glade is really one of the
Vicious One's minions (duh) BE PREPAIRED FOR A FIGHT!!
* After winning the fight with Glade explore the castle!! There is a
ring to be found here.
(17) NEW TASK....A NEW JOURNEY THROUGH MARION
* Your task now is to go to Marion & update the King & Galahad on what
has happened so far.
* In getting to Marion, you will need to go through the cave where the
golden dragon dwells. He is still sleeping, so simply find a way
through. You will also find a treasure chest that you cannot access. Come back
to it later in the game. (I will mention it towards the end of this
* After exiting the cave, you will need to cross the bridge.
* Head to Marion & report.
* After the sequence, Galahad will eventually ask you if you are still
insisting on going to Bandore.
* Obviously, "Yes" is the answer.
* Head towards the Western bridge, which will connect to the Western
islands, leading to Bandore. Go.
(18) BANDORE CASTLE
* Guards will not let you in the castle. Look for another passage.
* The hidden passage is located on the left side of the Bandore
village wall. Follow the path.
* The path will lead you to a cave. As with all caves in this game,
there are many treasures to be found. * * * The cave will lead you
inside of the Bandore castle. Be prepared. Guards will attack you.
(19) INSIDE THE BANDORE CASTLE
* Explore & find your way through. (a little too vague I suppose..)
* When you first enter the depths of the castle, you will find a room
with a locked door. Remember to come back when you have the key.
(what key? I'll explain later...)
* Look in pots and shelves. You will find some nifty things.
* In one of the dungeons, you will encounter a particular guard that
will stop & attack you. Once you defeat him, he will drop a Silver
key. (This isn't the key for the locked door mentioned before.)
* Find the dungeon cells. Find Kevins. Use the key. Talk. Watch.)
(Note: You probably noticed that treasure chest. This chest can only
be opened after you have the skeleton key, which you get later on in
(20) VOLCANO MAZE
* Your mission now is to find Kevins & save him. Go. -The route to
the cave is up 1 floor. Exit at the bottom and go to the stairs on the
* You can walk on the lava as a shortcut in some places, but it will
take away VP.
* After exploring around, you will eventually find out that it was all
part of an "elaborate plan", to use Kevins to lure you into a trap.
(Gee. Some trap eh?)
* A mysterious person ("The Dark Knight" also known as Percy) will
save you. Get the key. Use it.
* Go through the annoying caves & collect the nifty treasures.
* There will be a scene with Kevins & Yeon (the green guy).
* After they both fall, go into the cave (not the one with the rock in
front of it) & get the key.
* Your task here is done. Search for a way out. There will be a
locked gate. Unlock it with the golden key. Go.
*** The cave with the rock in front of it: There is NO WAY to pass
through this cave!! It supposedly leads to the village of Zeal, which
is accessed using the flying machine, which you'll get later on in the
(21A) THE SEA DOCK/PIER
* Here is a nice scene. Watch. See-King-Get-Creamed.
* Afterwards, a new character will join you a give you his boat.
* It's DOMINO!
* Sail the boat. Sail. Keep on Sailing. Fight bad guys. Sail.
* Now that your task here in Bandore is done, you must now go to a
remote island called Discipline Island. It's the island with the
rocks surrounding part of it & an ancient temple in the middle.
Now is a good time to go find the ancient wizard Merlin. He is only
accessible via the boat. He is located NE of Marion, where two
mountain ranges meet and dip in to form a little alcove. (Use you map,
and you should see where I'm talking about). Sail around to this area
and go directly to the point where the mountains dip in the furthest.
You will not see a place where you can get off; but you WILL be able
to walk off where the mountains dip in the furthest. You will enter a
small cave and there you will find Merlin. He will teach ONE of your
party members the Revive spell. I chose Annie, since she was my
parties main healer, but looking back I think it would've been better
to give it to someone else. Annie is usually busy using Heal Rain and
using her to Revive seems too wasteful. One last thing - don't
forget to search the two vases Merlin stands behind - there's some
goodies in there for you!!
NOTE: There seems to be a misconception going around that you can get
Merlin to join your group THIS IS NOT TRUE - Merlin will not join
(22A) DISCIPLINE ISLAND
* This island has some nice goods to offer. Also look for hidden
items in bushes, rocks, etc.
* Also remember to talk to a girl standing in front of the house. She
will offer to give you a good time after you manage to "upgrade"
yourself. (This is a RPG. No dirty thoughts allowed.)
* The "upgrade" is basically the same thing as raising your status
level, plus your upgraded characters get a cool new look.
* To upgrade, go in the shrine, located on the far northern side of
the town. Remember to buy new weapons before going in.
* The upgrade process is basically a test---a test for your main
character to see if he is worthy. You must not only go in there
ALONE, but also solve the puzzle as well. Better be prepared-fighting
5-6 magic casters by yourself can be extremely annoying at times.
Running and smoke bombs are good strategies to use here.
* Note: The puzzle is basically a remember-the-figure puzzle.
You will be given a flash shot of the tiles & you need walk on it
exactly as it was shown Drawing a map on graph paper of the blocks on
the first level (the colored ones painted on the floor) has helped a
lot of people through this puzzle, including myself.
Also remember to find the treasure chest with the sword.
* If you managed to succeed, you get to change the status of all your
characters, IF they are level 19 [I think] or above. (Also remember
to go back to that girl...)
* If you don't succeed, simply move on. You can come back to it
whenever you feel ready. But, you must succeed it if you want to get
the FLYING DRAGON and use better weapons. (Not to mention finishing
the game....) Once you do pass the test, you will find that your little
dragon friend, Stiner, isn't really little anymore. He is now a fully
developed golden dragon, capable of taking you anywhere (almost
anywhere) by flying. It really beats riding the boat and having to
fight enemies over & over!!
* NOTE even though you can fly on Stiner's back, there are still a few
places that are still inaccessible, for these few areas, you either
need the flying machine or a journey through another annoying cave.
* When you upgrade your characters, your main character now has
a new spell call Stiner, hence, because you now can summon him to cast
dragon breath on enemies. At a cost of 9 magic points, it is a good
(22B) PITY ISLAND
Now that you can Fly Stiner, head to Pity Island, which is south of
Isla. You can solve this puzzle whenever you want to, now that you
Pity island has a Mushroom maze : Green Mushrooms will Shrink you,
Red mushrooms will restore you to normal size. There are also leaves
you can use to float around on, but you can only use em when you are
small. Your task here is to find one of the ancient tablets & other
(23) THE VILLAGE OF LEAVE
* This tiny village is located to the SW of Discipline Island
It has many, many good items to offer, so remember to stock up
(24) THE CASTLE OF BABAROS
* This castle is only reachable by boat. It is located in the core of
the mountains & is surrounded by acres of forests.
* Once you manage to reach it, explore. Meet people. Talk.
* There will also be a little scene where a red-headed girl beats up
two guards. She is the princess of Babaros and is rumored to be one
of the secret characters. Nice.
* Talk to the people of Barbaros. Go in the castle. Talk more.
* Talk to king.
* Go to room. Read book. Walk. See Jane fly. (Just kidding.)
* There really isn't much to do in Babaros, but if you noticed in the
castle, there is a tablet. Remember to come back later.
* Now that you now have access to flying anywhere without the
bothersome enemies getting in the way (thank goodness), you can now
easily go to the far northern island of Mistrall. It is a town
composed of an elven race, with really powerful weapons.
* Talk to the metalsmith. He will offer to make you some really
powerful weapons & armor if you will get some mitheril metal for him.
This task is optional. But, if you want to proceed with it, you need
the aid of the flying machine (I'll get to that later) & travel to the
nearby ice cave.
(26) BANDORE, PITY, & BARBAROS (Getting the tablets)
* Now that your ready to get all the tablets, get ready to do some
heavy traveling & fighting.
* You task now is basically to get all four tablets & place them in
the four temples.
* What four temples? Well, before you go anywhere, you must begin to
be very familiar with the map. Know where the small temple islands
are. Know where the crevasse in the ocean is.
* You can get the tablets in ANY order. You already have the tablet
that you got from the god's assistant (the old man). You can start
off at Bandore, where all you need to do is to unlock the door (I
mentioned this before) with the GOLDEN key & get the tablet.
Then you can go to the Island of Pity, if you haven't already (see
22B) where the mushroom puzzle awaits you. It was a pain to go
through it but once you got the tablet, simply use the "escape" spell
to warp out.
The final tablet is at Barbaros. When you go there, you will notice
that you whole castle/village is nearly destroyed. Go to the main
castle hall where the king awaits to say his last words. Ignore what
the king's advisor says. He is basically mumbling how afraid he was
when he saw the beast... Get the last tablet.
* NOTE Here's how to find Lorele, another secret character in the
game: Once Barbaros get destroyed, go back. Talk to the King and
then a guard. You will receive a key. Lorele is in a secret passage
way just before the stairs to the dungeon. Search the right wall and
you'll find the secret passage. Use the key you just got and you'll
*Another Trick: In the destroyed town of Barbaros, try to get up on
the upper gate wall that you can see when you first when you enter the
town. You can find a way leading to the upper gate walls in the
castle. On the Left Side of the gate walls, go as far as you can go
until you find a a dead end. Though you will not be able to see
yourself, at the dead end, go ahead & talk. A secret merchant will
talk to you & sell you some special items that you cannot buy anywhere
else in the game.
* Now that you have all the tablets, place them in the small four
islands with the temple shrine. There is no particular order.
* There will be a flashing light scene. The Flying Temple will arise
from the depths of the sea.
* Before you go in, be sure to be stocked up on items.
(27) THE FLYING MACHINE/TEMPLE
* Go in the temple. It is yet another annoying maze filled with fun &
* Fight the enemies & try to get to the core of the temple.
* There will be one part where you have to use an item in a treasure
chest to ignite the fire & open the door.
* Once you do get to the core, there will be a scene.
* Stiner gets hurt, but don't worry -- he........you'll see later!
* YOU NOW HAVE ACCESS TO THE ULTIMATE FLYING MACHINE!!!
* YOU ALSO HAVE ACCESS TO GO TO HIGHER HEIGHTS!!!
(Note: Now that you have access to higher heights, you can now go to
the ice cave to get the Mithril metal. It's optional though)
(28) THE DRAGON SHRINE
* This Dragon Shrine" is located in between Marion & Zalagoon. Use the
flying machine to get there.
Look around that area to find it. Go in & you find.....Stiner!!!!
* Now that you have Stiner back, you can now go to the valley near
Bandore. OR, take a slight detour to.....
(29) THE ICE CAVE EAST OF MITHRIL
In this cave, you will want to find the Mithril, which you can give to
the metal smith in Mistrall to make some very powerful (and
expensive!) weapons and armor. The Mithril is located behind an ice
door. You will need to find the flint in this cave and use it on the
oil pot located in front of the door to melt it. The cave is fairly
easy: you will have to use the ice slides and find out which ones to
(30) THE FINAL TABLET
* You will need the final tablet to open a door in an upcoming part of
* The final tablet is located on a remote island located near the
southwestern lower part of the Barbaros islands. Keep looking for it.
You will eventually come across it.
Or simply look at the map provided with the game.
(Note: In the ancient temple, there are two things you can find
- (1) look for a hidden staff weapon in one of the lights.
- (2) look for a hidden passage in the western part of the walls in
the last room. It will lead you to the treasure chest.
* Even though there is a little town within the desert valley, there
really isn't much to be seen.
* After you feel pumped & ready to take on another challenge, go into
the cave located near the southern part of the desert valley. Be
prepared - I mean really prepared - for a looooooong journey. (not
to mention annoying.)
(32) THE ANNOYING CAVE
* Okay. Of all the caves in the game, this cave is quite possibly the
most annoying cave of all. Good thing you only need to pass it once.
* Not only are the enemies attacking you every 3-5 steps of the way,
but you also have to take into consideration WHERE you are stepping
into. There are sandholes everywhere. You will know when you
* You will also face an "enemy" towards the end. He has a familiar
look.....hmmmm.....look closer......Percy? Is that you?
NOTE - If you want to save Percy and get him to join your party, you
must not attack and kill him. I used the defend strategy, and the
sleep, mute, and confusion spells on him. It takes 10 - 15 rounds
before he runs away, but it WILL work. After he runs away, you will
find him lying on the ground. Talk to him and he'll join your party.
(33) THE ENEMY'S KINGDOM - QUAMDAR
* Congrats. You made it through the most annoying cave & you dying to
make it to the nearest village to replenish yourself.
* Save your game. Your at the near-end of the game.
* Once you explore & familiarize yourself with the area, find the
temple & go in.
* You Must be prepared to fight TONS of enemies (pretty powerful ones
at that) and be prepared to unleash a bunch of magic. In other words,
be stocked up with magic replenish potions.
* NOTE You'll notice that the merchant in Quamdar doesn't sell magic
replenishing potions (pretty dumb, huh?). You can use your ORBS [see
tips and tricks section] to travel back to other towns. BUT...REMEMBER
TO SEND ONE OF YOUR CHARACTERS BACK TO QUAMDAR, OR YOU'LL HAVE TO GO
THROUGH THE CAVE AGAIN!! (or reset the game).
* When you enter the temple, you will first fight Dagoot, the
archer/magician you encountered in the sea, He is packed with lots of
* After kicking his butt, use your final tablet to open the door.
(34) INSIDE THE DEPTHS OF THE UNDERWORLD
* The moment you step past the door, be prepared for the longest &
last puzzle in the game.
* The puzzle is basically set so you will need to bring both the GOOD
ORB & the EVIL ORB separately to the core room to open the door
leading to Shutat, Ramu, & ......
* My advise: Take heed to the temple music. The faster the music, the
closer you are to the core room. The slower, the farther. Also take
heed to the surrounding statues.
* Once you have taken both orbs to rightful places in the core room,
the doors will open & you will finally face Shutat & Ramu.
(Note: The process in taking the orbs to the statues is an extremely
one, so be prepared to encounter tons of enemies.)
(35) SHUTAT & RAMU: "ONE ANNOYING DUET"
* You finally made it through the puzzle & you're pumped & ready to
take on Shutat & Ramu. Make sure you are stocked up on
magic-replenishing potions & healers. It wouldn't hurt to teleport
back to the village to rest at the inn & save the game either.(I
teleported out after bringing each orb to the core room - it takes
longer this way but it seemed safer and I got a lot of exp!)
* Once Shutat greets & congratulates you for reaching him, he will
babble on and on about his vision of a new world, sculpted in his own
very image. He will later even give you a choice if you want to:
Hopefully, you chose (B) or in regards to the game, answered "[No]" to
his answer. He & Ramu will then fight you.
- (A)join him in his "crusade" of darkness or...
- (B) challenge his will.
* Both Ramu & Shutat are magic users, so my advise is to take out one
of them as fast as possible, preferably Ramu. Once you have broken
the duet, taking out the last one will be simple.
* BUT.....it's not over. It seems that both Shutat & Ramu were acting
under the influence of an evil being.
So...I hope by now, you still have some life left in you, because the
REAL boss is next.
(Note: You might want to check out the tricks & tips sections of this
guide before facing the main boss. It will tell you how to obtain the
ultimate dragon sword & some other nifty items.)
THE FINAL SHOWDOWN!:
What can I say? The main boss has got to be the toughest enemy in the
entire game. He will constantly attack you with his "Soul-Blast"
spell which will knock off about 22-27 hit points off all your
characters, depending on the level of armor and defense. It may not
sound as much, but that would only be true if he did not cast the
spell 2 to 3 times per round! And to top it off, he will on occasion,
throw in a level 4 summoning spell & a level 3 dispell to annoy the
heck out of you. Before you know it, you will be seeing "Groggy" more
times than you ever imagined.
STRATEGY: One of the best tricks I found in defeating the main boss
is to: designate one of your characters, preferably the strongest one,
as the constant attacker, designate another character as the constant
healer (obviously Annie)(Level 2-3 Heal-Rain recommended)& designate
another character as the constant provider of the Magic-Replenishing
Potions for Annie. The other two may be assigned to do whatever you
please, but usually having one of the two (preferably Tont) casting
the "Attack Level 2 or 3" on your party will help quicken the pace
considerably. Eventually, the main boss will die out & the victory is
Much thanks to Revolution readers Troy Williams, Kevin, Kelvin Fong, Nur Hendra,
& Last but not least our friend who wrote the first version of this
FAQ, Iwata Shoji ([email protected])!!!