Welcome to my BLACK Tactical Guide. Contained within are some of the tactics I used to beat the game.
WARNING: These tactics are only guaranteed to work if properly executed and on Normal difficulty. They have not been tested on Hard or Black Ops difficulty.
Let's get things started with some General Tips.
- Explosive things are your friends. Enemies have a tendancy to ignore the 'Danger: Flammable' labels on things when they're looking for places to take cover. These explosive objects usually take three or so bullets before they blow up, which is a lot less compared to the amount it takes to kill an enemy without a headshot or Magnum.
- Call me Harry. The Magnum can kill anyone with a single bullet, aside from the Shotgun fellows who take two. Magnum ammo is scarce, but in the later levels the Shield guys tend to pack Magnum ammo.
- Geo-Mod. This is the phrase given when a game allows you to MODify the GEOgraphical features of a level. (read: blow apart the walls.) If the game gives you a RPG or a case of grenades, and there's a funny looking wall, it could be that the RPG could remove that wall.
- Silent OR deadly. A silencer, although allowing for stealth kills, does increase the recoil of the weapon and decreases the overall power of it. If you've already been spotted, take the damn thing off.
With that out of the way, I think it's time I got to the matter of Enemy-Specific Tactics.
Tactics against the Armored Shotgun enemies
- Grenades make lousy lapdancers. Knock the guy to the ground. While he's getting up, lob a grenade at his feet. By the time he gets up, BOOM!
- Priority one. These guys have the weakest armor on their helmets. If you can hit them with a single bullet there, you can kill them instantly. This is better off for long-range silent kills.
- .45 in the holster. Magnums can kill these guys in two hits to the torso, or one to the head.
Tactics against the Riot Shield enemies
- Distract and explode. Throw a grenade behind them and shoot at them. They'll use the shield to block your bullets, which means they'll get an assful of explosion. Or, they'll shield from the grenade and get an assful of lead. Either way, you get to waste their ass.
- Chisel it away. Some guns can break the shield apart. The less shield they have, the more vital organs they have exposed, and the more target area you can hit.
OK. With these tactics in mind, you should be able to take the fight to Seventh Wave. Good luck, soldier.