Far Cry 3 Furious Gun FAQ: How to Score Big
Furious Gun: How to Score Big
Some of you may be struggling with the Trial of the Rakyat known as Furious Gun. This is understandable. This particular trial is significantly different to the other trials, and can take a while to master. I am writing this guide to give you a heads up on what to try in order to help you get started in your attempts to conquer this one.
First of all, be aware that the concept of 'kill changes weapon' is not a new one. This mechanic has been around for a while, for example the mod community for CounterStrike: Source has had this for some time, as the 'Gun Game' gametype.
Things to note:
The weapons switch in a specific order. You will go through this order in sequence as you play the trial. You start with the 1911, and the cycle finishes with the bow. Also note that this trial will use weapons unlocked on the second island, and that there are weapons you can get in Far Cry 3 that will not appear in the rotation. None of the signature weapons, launchers or sniper rifles will be used, nor will the flare gun, flamethrower or repair tool. All of the weapons will also be in their base forms, without upgrades, so keep this in mind too.
Learn the order in which the weapons switch, and you will be aware not only of what you have, but what you will get next.
The enemies in this mode will consist of Assaults, Shotgun Chargers, Defenders and Heavies. No Molotov, Machete, Snipers, Flame Heavies or RPGs will be sent against you in this Trial, so you do not need to worry about being blown up. Being set on fire is still a concern, though, given the exploding barrels around the area.
The shotgun chargers and heavies will likely be your biggest threats in this. The heavies will take some heavy firepower to kill (don't even bother with the two weaker pistols or the bow) and the shotgun chargers may catch you unaware when you least want them to.
The core of this Trial is that your weapon swaps every time you get a kill. However, you need not get a kill with your current weapon to trigger one. Melee kills and Takedowns will also trigger a weapon swap, so if you need one fast, stab someone. Having the upgraded knife will help in this regard.
You'll need to adjust your play style to suit this particular Trial. I recommend:
- Don't bother with stealth. They'll be coming at you from all directions anyway, so the stealth bonus on this Trial is going to be a rare occurance.
- Only shoot the time barrels if you've got a high capacity weapon, or you are sure you can get a melee kill soon.
- Headshots will be a luxury. Your best bet would be to outflank enemies taking cover by going around it. Shotguns, surprisingly, will be the weapon you are most likely to get headshots with.
- If you can get a Takedown, go for it. The weapon swap will be faster, and you'll further increase your score.
- Don't try and kill the Heavies with the 1911, bow or 6P9. You'll just waste ammo. Of course, the exploding barrels around might be able to help in this regard.
- Don't bother with reloading half-empty clips. The weapon's going to disappear when you get a kill anyway, and the next time that weapon comes up in the rotation it'll have a full clip, so reloading will simply waste time.
More Far Cry 3 Cheats and FAQs: