Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas San Andreas Turf Warfare FAQ
This FAQ is for those of you having trouble with winning over gang territories in San Andreas.
Before you attack a territory, make sure you have done the following:
- Saved your game. Seriously, if you're like me, you'll want to load if you die, so saving it after you win a territory will be the best thing you can do.
- Grabbed body armor. Duh.
- Grabbed a healthy stash of Micro SMG/Tec9/SMG and AK-47/M4 ammo. Those are the two weapon types I use when getting territories.
Don't bother recruiting homies if you don't want to. All they do is serve as human shields most of the time.
Now then, this is what I do when taking over the territories.
1. Initiate the gang war.
2. Start running in one direction.
3. When the enemy gang members spawn, run to a place where all the enemy gang members will be coming at you from relatively the same direction. Stop, crouch, lock on and shoot at them with the Micro SMG/Tec9/SMG as soon as they are in range. Swap targets with the L2/R2 buttons. If you need to reload, release the lock-on button, and rapidly switch from and to the gun you were using. Doing so will refill the gun, unless you switch mid-reload.
4. When the game tells you that the first wave is dead, stand up and start running in one direction again.
5. Same as 3, but use the AK-47/M4 if you are attacking a dense territory. (Dense territories are the heavily colored ones on the map. You'll know mid-war as the first wave of a dense territory spawns gang members with SMGs, whilst the other territories will start off with Bat wielding guys.)
6. When wave 2 is dead, run again in one direction.
7. Same as 5.
Before you ask, the running part is important. The enemy gang members will most of the time spawn behind you, with them occasionally spawning on off-roads ahead of you. By running, you increase the distance between their spawn and your location, giving you the edge range-wise, as they don't start firing at the weapons maximum lock-on range.
If you need Micro SMG/Tec9/SMG ammo, there's a Micro SMG spawnpoint under the bridge behind CJ's safehouse in Ganton. There's also a Tec9 spawnpoint on top of Sweet's house. You'll need to jump from rooftop to rooftop to get there though.
If you're low on AK-47/M4 ammo, there's an AK-47 spawnpoint near the intersection south of Madd Dogg's place. It's behind the first building to the left of the intersection, on the side of the road closest to Madd Doggs rear driveway. There's also an AK-47 in a movie studio somewhere near Market Street Station. It's not the orange-and-black studio, but the other one. While you're there, get some Shotgun ammo from the Sawn-off Shotgun spawn in the same movie studio complex, and the Sniper Rifle from the rooftop of the orange-and-black studio. Finally, there's a M4 between those concrete ramps at the end of the runway in the Los Santos Airport.
Well, that should be enough for you to win some territories. Good luck to you all.
More Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Cheats and FAQs: