Top 10 Halloween Costumes That Will Scare The Crap Out of Kids
Posted on Friday, October 29 @ 18:33:01 Eastern by Blake_MorseKids are great, or at least that's what my friends who are parents tell me. I think they're okay, especially since I can just hand them back to my pals when I'm done using them to pick up chicks at the mall. But the best part about other people's kids is that you can mess with their heads and leave it up to their parents to pay for the years and years of therapy it will take to undue the damage of you jumping out of nowhere dressed as a vampire, wolfman, or zombie. And it being Halloween time and all, we thought we'd help you out with some costume suggestions that are sure to make a lasting impression on a child.
10. Voldo – I know he's from Soul Calibur, which isn't in itself all that horrific, but a dude with a gimp mask and blade hands who crabwalks backwards everywhere is pretty terrifying. Think about all the Japanese horror flicks that do that dead kid crabwalking on ceiling thing. You've got the same concept working for you right here mixed in with some Freddy Kruger. Most children will be scared... but some may end up hanging out in leather bars when they get older.
9. Dracula – Whether we're talking the Castlevania series, the shitty game based off the '90s movie, or any other number of his digital incarnations, you can always count on The Count for a good scream. He's nothing like today's modern sparkly emo vampires spawned from the lonely sexual repression of a Mormon housewife - he's the real deal. It's an oldie but a goody. Just make sure you keep an eye out for moms and dads carrying whips and holy water.
8. General Raam - The silent but deadly leader of the Locust Horde is one huge, ugly son of a bitch that I would not want to fuck with. And although Gears of War is nowhere near being a horror game, the thought of a giant, fugly lizard man popping out of the ground and impaling you should be enough to convince you why he's repping on this list.
7. Nemesis – Like we were going to be able to get away without mentioning Resident Evil. I bet it was the first game you thought of in your head when you read the headline and started compiling your own list. Out of all the biggest and baddest monsters to come from the prolific Capcom franchise, he's the most touted and recognized creature. Besides Wesker, of course, who would probably scare kids just as much come to think about it.
6. Left4Dead 2's Zombie Clown – Clowns are scary as all hell and so are zombies, so it makes perfect sense that combining the two would make for one horryifying time for youngsters. I'd say this outdoes Stephen King's “It” 2-to-1, hands down. I'm much more afraid of these carnival dwellers than I am of a tank or smoker. Fucking clowns, man. Scary as shit! [Couldn't find a cosplay of the L4D2's zombie clown... but does that really matter? It's a zombie clown! ~Ed.]
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishments gameplay video. (23:22)
The Wolf Among Us
The latest The Wolf Among Us accolade trailer. (1:33)
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord trailer. (1:59)
Tail Drift PC launch trailer. (1:01)
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - New Frontiers Edition
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - New Frontiers Edition trailer. (1:12)
|More On GameRevolution|