More Reviews
REVIEWS InFamous: First Light Review
Sony’s open-world action game gets new life with a blast from Sucker Punch who’ve got a story dedicated to neon-powered Fetch and her brother.

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorne Review
This reminds me of a puzzle... OBJECTION!
More Previews
PREVIEWS Fenix Rage Preview
I died. And I died again. Died again. Again and again. Again. Again. Why Do I Love This So Much?!
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Madden NFL 15
Release date: Out Now

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Release date: 09/23/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

LATEST FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

The Best Upcoming Racing Games of 2014
You've probably only heard of Sony's exclusive Driveclub and Microsoft's exclusive Forza Horizon 2, but don't forget about a few others.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP KevinS
RIP Robin Williams (1951-2014)
By KevinS
Posted on 08/14/14
Robin Williams (1951-2014) Robin Williams was an absolutely exceptional comedian, talented actor, and holder of a special place in video game history: He was the first really famous gamer I know of. I’m sure there were others, but they kept a comparatively low profile, unlike one...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[Official] World of Warcraft topic.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: [Official] World of Warcraft topic. Reply with quote

Stalfros had thought it was time to close the original World of Warcraft topic and make one for Wrath of the Lich King and I couldn't agree more. This will be the second expansion pack for World of Warcraft, the other topic had hit 44 pages in length. This one will more than likely be less overwhelming to new players.

Let's use this topic to discuss anything WoW related, especially that which focuses on Wrath of the Lich King. I'd personally like to see more theory craft discussion in this topic, class strategy, skill rotation, etc etc. Anything that can help enlighten new players or just share your playstyles.

I don't have much to say right now myself and I'm caught up playing a myspace app called "special forces".

Here are a couple of links to sites I think you may benefit from going to.

http://elitistjerks.com/ - Very informative site.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/ - The official WoTLK site

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/index.xml - The official WoW site

I'll add more as I see fit/as they're recommended.

**NOTE** : There is a GR guild on the Balegun (PvE- Alliance) server. <The Revolution> Send a tell to Isard if you'd like to join.

Last edited by Lethean on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 5 times in total
Kiristo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I never posted it, a little about my WoW pedigree: I currently have only DPS specs, cuz I just like killing shit. I've a 70 Demo lock and Ret Pally, 64 BM Hunter and 50something Enhancement Shammy, plus a bunch of low lvl alts. I stopped playing my hunter because I didn't really care for him and I was lvling him with a friend. I was lvling my shammy and making an arms warrior before I delpoyed. I intend to switch the warrior to prot once I get to 80 and finally provide something besides DPS.
My first character was my paladin, which I lvled 1-60 as holy -If you haven't played before don't lvl as a non dps spec. I hated healing, it's obviously necessary in groups, but too boring for me. I tried tanking only once with my pally, but I was undergeared and tried a difficult instance as my first attempt at tanking. Anyway it seemed more difficult than DPS or healing, so I think I'll like it if I give it a real shot.
StalfrosCC
Massive Forum-Using Douchebag

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Respced to Affliction after the patch and I couldn't be happier. Haunt is the only worthy 51 point talent for locks.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiristo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, affliction is the best lock spec now. I don't know if I can part with my felguard though.
Miscarriage
Chamber Frost

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meta is alright. Waiting for a patch that gives us more skills though...kind of lame. Teleport, woo....that's it?

Also, anyone looking forward to World PvP? That siege scenario looks so fun..
FrozenBacon
100% sexy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is in relation to what lethean said in the other topic.

I want to be as mage tank, that's my playstyle. When will blizz tweak the talent tree so I can be an efficient one?
TheNesMan
Retired Footninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miscarriage wrote:
Meta is alright. Waiting for a patch that gives us more skills though...kind of lame. Teleport, woo....that's it?

It's pretty fun. Wintergrasp is a hell of a zone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheNesMan wrote:
Miscarriage wrote:

You got into the beta? You lucky bastard.
TheNesMan
Retired Footninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
TheNesMan wrote:
Miscarriage wrote:

You got into the beta? You lucky b******.
I didn't, but a friend of mine had an extra key and he hooked me up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
You lucky b******.

Kijan
White Mage of the Modern Age

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So ... today's the day. Which one of you will already be killing boars in Northrend? Smile
Miscarriage
Chamber Frost

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend was the first one into Northrend, haha. Installed it, (bought a downloaded version) and got on exactly at 11:59 ready for the boat...

I'll have it tomorrow, er later today, after class...looking forward to it.
Lethean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have it around 8 or 8:30pm today. That sucks. I'm looking forward to playing it though. In the meantime, I'm going to go kill death knights on my 51 rogue to get that achievement involving killing one of each class. I want to do the same on my paladin but I need to find a flagged death knight randomly in the world. Might be hard on a RP server. Friking carebears :*(....Unless of course someone has magically leveled a death knight to 70.
StalfrosCC
Massive Forum-Using Douchebag

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not getting it until my current toon hits 60.

I did, however see a level 68 DK already.

He must have been getting power leveled.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiristo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you start on a new server or something stal? Not even 60? By the way, I'm sure no one will do so for awhile, but if anyone levels from like 20-60 could we get some feedback as to how much faster it is after the xp gains?
Lethean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20-60 has been nerfed for quite some time. It goes by relatively fast. I found that I was clearing two levels a day easy. I'm not sure if it's been changed again or not though. I can't give an exact estimate as to how long it would take to level but I do know it's significantly faster than it was before.
Kiristo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^They nerfed it again for the new expansion I thought, as well as 60-70. I know they nerfed 20-60 for burning crusade, is that what you're talking about, or did the pre-expansion patch include the nerf? It should be even faster. I've already got 4 past lvl 50, but I wanted to lvl a warrior and try tanking, I think he's in the 20s now. Granted I'll level my pally and lock to 80 first at least.
Lethean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I was talking about the pre-BC nerf. I didn't know they nerfed it even more for the 20-60 bracket. You know, even with the 60-70 nerf I have not leveled my hunter to 70? He's parked at 67.

Anyone want to level him for me? >_>
Kiristo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I leveled my hunter to 64 with a friend and then stopped. I got a shammy to 50something afterward, and I still have no intention to play my hunter again. I don't know what it is, I just don't care for the class. I leveled him to 44 (or 34?) just to get King Bangalash initially and then stopped playing him until my friend started lvling his 40 rogue. I was doing good damage and whatnot, but I just didn't care for the class and I don't even know why.
Lethean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know exactly how you feel.

I started the game with a paladin, and played it like SWG - grinding on mobs. I didn't know quests were the way to level. I got bored. I was told to make a hunter and I did, I played him until around 60. I then got bored, went back to the paladin (leveled him to 14 while getting my hunter to 60) and never looked back. I got him to 60, then made another paladin on a new server, got him to 60. Then the expansion came and he was 70. I finally started to level my hunter...Got him to 67 and I just have no desire to play him. It's just...Boring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19
Jump to: