More Reviews
REVIEWS Madden NFL 15 Review
How many times has it been said, “This is the best Madden game”? Probably just about every year. Well guess what, this is the best Madden game… maybe.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfa Review
[PlayStation release update] Electronic Arts and the development team at EA Canada hope to catch as many PlayStation gamers as they did when Garden Warfare first launched exclusively on Xbox One.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: Out Now

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: Out Now

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

LATEST FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Nom Nom Galaxy

The Best Upcoming Racing Games of 2014
You've probably only heard of Sony's exclusive Driveclub and Microsoft's exclusive Forza Horizon 2, but don't forget about a few others.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP KevinS
RIP Robin Williams (1951-2014)
By KevinS
Posted on 08/14/14
Robin Williams (1951-2014) Robin Williams was an absolutely exceptional comedian, talented actor, and holder of a special place in video game history: He was the first really famous gamer I know of. I’m sure there were others, but they kept a comparatively low profile, unlike one...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Comic Movie News: Latest news and updates
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Comic Movie News: Latest news and updates Reply with quote

i havent posted around here in quite sometime now. so i thought, why not slide back in with a topic on iron man 2?

im really looking forward to this film, perhaps even more-so than the first one. the suitcase armor is a welcome addition; it would be an inconvenience to rush back to the lab and step into the assembly machine each time you need to save the world.

whiplash (other than the name) appears to be an amalgamation of a few villians together but looks awesome. i was curious as to why black widow never spoke in any of the trailers until recently. would she have a russian accent?, i wondered. it would seem not, but i fully expect the film to end with her with said accent reporting back to her superiors. and war machine: yes please.

and so continues the road to the avengers movie. next year will give us thor and captain america, with the big team up coming in 2012. marvel also announced that they are considering doing movies with some of the lesser known hereos, such as luke cage, dr strange, ant-man, and, uh...dazzler.

so. thoughts, opinions and so-forth?[/url][url][/url]

Last edited by Paradox on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:18 am; edited 218 times in total
KoalaRainbowPoop
He who lurks in the bushes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

film looks good indeed.

butttttttt, i'm a bit worried. they're doing what ruins all comic book movie franchises. packing in too many charcters. whiplash. nick fury. black widow, and warmachine. usually not a good thing.
Hlallu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the character list evens itself out atleast.

And as for the lesser know characters, I can see Luke and Strange...
but Dazzler?
Rakon
Tastes like burning

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KoalaRainbowPoop wrote:
packing in too many charcters. usually not a good thing.

I concur, but it should be good
Chris_Crime

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke Cage directed by John Singleton has been talked about for forever, it ain't happening (or not with John Singleton). no way...

I thought Stan Lee was joking about Ant Man lol .. wow

I'm not overly excited about Ironman 2. I just want to see how they'll bring together the Avengers film. I'm still pretty upset about Sony choosing a new Spidey cast quite honestly. But what can you do :]

also, DC animated movies > Marvel animated movies. it's not even close.
KoalaRainbowPoop
He who lurks in the bushes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just waiting for the jonah hex movie. cowboys and zombies, fuck yeah.

though i wish the movie was more like the dcu comics rather than the vertigo titles. but we'll see i guess.
kingg5
A True Patriot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KoalaRainbowPoop wrote:
film looks good indeed.

butttttttt, i'm a bit worried. they're doing what ruins all comic book movie franchises. packing in too many charcters. whiplash. nick fury. black widow, and warmachine. usually not a good thing.
Hey if Nick Furry, black widow,and warmachine are in it I deff have to see it. Three of my favorite marvel characters,AND if they are gonna make an avengers movie they should focus on making a captain america,thor,and miss marvel movie before they make all these sequels
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris_Crime wrote:
also, DC animated movies > Marvel animated movies. it's not even close.

agreed.
Trippysmurf
Optimization Prime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiplash = Whiplash + Crimson Dynamo.
Iron Man 2 looks great.

Singleton's Luke Cage and Ray Park as Iron Fist have been in the works for two long. I hope they come out as Iron Fist is one of my favorite characters of all time. But if both films work, that could mean a Heroes for Hire film.

Dr. Strange could be badass if they did it well. Expect protests from Christian groups.

As Hank Pym was a founding member of the Avengers, he will get a movie. Whether he is the Ant-Man in the self-titled movie and not Scott Lang or Erin O'Grady has yet to be determined.
StalfrosCC
Massive Forum-Using Douchebag

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the fact that the guy who played Johnny Storm is also playing Captain America... because that guy has zero dramatic range and it will be like Cap and Human Torch are the same fucking person, and that is just wrong.

I don't care that Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool and Green Lantern because they are two different universes.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm as excited for iron man 2 as i was for spider man 2.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling Chris Evans just likes to be in comic book movies (F4, Cap, Push, The Losers). It doesn't help that he always plays the same slack-jawed, "sweet bro" character in every movie. It especially annoys me because I don't see the Captain being portrayed well by him.

Chris_Crime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't be too picky about a comic book movie. Oh wait, forgot, INTERNET.

but seriously, if you're looking for an actor with range to come out of the Marvel Studios stable, well, there's your problem.

flame on
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno, i guess im one of the few willing to give chris evans a shot as cap. i am a bit weary of the casting, but im willing to reserve judgment until i least see some footage of him in the role. i was, however, very pleased to see hugo weaving cast as red skull.

as for ant-man, id like to see that if they put it together. his multiple personalities could make him his own worst villian. plus you cant have hank pym without the wasp (another founder for future avenger films.).
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, who would you guys actually want to see play captain america? I'd pick christian bale. Sure he was already batman but that was DC, also known as a whole other world!!!
Trippysmurf
Optimization Prime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Bale would make an awful Captain America as he makes an awful Batman (I do enjoy the Batman movies, I just don't enjoy Bale's husky voice).

Mark Valley would have been the perfect Captain America. He looks like Steve Rogers, he was in the Army, and I get the sense that he could personify the greatest American Hero, far more so than the guy who played Johhny "Bro" Storm.
StalfrosCC
Massive Forum-Using Douchebag

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris_Crime wrote:
Can't be too picky about a comic book movie. Oh wait, forgot, INTERNET.

but seriously, if you're looking for an actor with range to come out of the Marvel Studios stable, well, there's your problem.

flame on

That's just the thing, if you don't get an actor with range, might as well pick an actor who fits the part.

A.K.A. Ryan McPartlin from Chuck.

That guy would be a sweet Cap.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we have a right to be picky, we're the consumer. How would you feel if they added raisins to your favorite food? You'd be pissed and complain.

Rakon
Tastes like burning

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your choice in Captain America Trippy. I would want to see Nathan Fillion play someone. Psylocke for all I care, someone just needs to cast him.
Trippysmurf
Optimization Prime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rakon wrote:
I agree with your choice in Captain America Trippy. I would want to see Nathan Fillion play someone. Psylocke for all I care, someone just needs to cast him.

Nathan Fillon would make a perfect Star-Lord. Unfortunately, I feat that would typecast him in science fiction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 1 of 90
Jump to: