More Reviews
REVIEWS Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapph Review
In some way, Pokémon and the relationships they form with their trainers wind up teaching the player something completely different than what you might suspect.

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Review
Batman and friends team up for another Lego adventure.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Silence: The Whispered World II Preview
With its absolutely gorgeous sequel, Daedalic aims to create a mid-range difficulty adventure title that will expand the genre to a larger audiences.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Release date: Out Now

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix
Release date: 12/02/14

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Release date: 12/16/14

Kalimba
Release date: 12/17/14

LATEST FEATURES Black Friday 2014 Video Game Deals Buyer's Guide
Looking to score the most bang for your buck the day after Thanksgiving? Well look no further! Our Black Friday guide is just the tool you need.

With Two Paths to Walk This Fall, I Recommend Assassins Play AC Unity Over AC Rogue
For fans of this series, it'll be a decision based on hardware. For enthusiasts, returning to the brand's roots will prove enticing.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437
Wish List for Fallout 4
By oblivion437
Posted on 11/24/14
So I promised that list and here it is.  It's late and it's not as thorough as I'd hoped.  I also wish I had images handy to illustrate every point where helpful.  So, in no particular order - a subjective set of desired features for Fallout 4: Things to...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Where's schimmel at because...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Where's schimmel at because... Reply with quote

...It's STAR WARS DAY!
Time for sexy Leia

The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the thread i'm looking for....
Lone Pine Loner

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I love me some star wars, one of my top favorite fictional universes to ever be made. If I didn't have to study for my last final I'd watch either new hope or empire strikes back today in honor of may 4th. Lately my friends have been trying to persuade me that I'm harsh on the new star wars trilogy and that they're not as bad as I keep proclaiming they are. Maybe they're right, maybe they are kinda good but are only bad because I'm comparing them to 4-6. What about you guys what's you're favorite star wars movie and game? For me it's a tie between 4/5 and KOTOR/Battlefront. Republic commando, the Jedi knights and the pod racing game come in a close second.

Also this:

Also typed this on my iPod there will be mistakes
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Phantom Menace is a total nostalgia trip for me... But yeah 4-6 are the best. 1-3 are watchable but star wars cynics love to harp on them unfairly. How could any new movies with such a strong focus on cgi live up to the originals?
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching the RedLetterMedia prequel reviews again just by chance. Man, the prequels sucked. Because all I got was an urge to watch the originals again.
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
I was watching the RedLetterMedia prequel reviews again just by chance. Man, the prequels sucked. Because all I got was an urge to watch the originals again.

If watching 1-3 gave you the urge to keep watching 4-6 then I guess technically they are doing their jobs.

Also:
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never played KOTOR (criticize me). I did however enjoy Battlefront 2 for the online. I remember a glitch that allowed me to use infinite force powers. I'm sure we're all going to agree 4-5 were the greatest. Return of the Jedi, I just didn't much care for.
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
If watching 1-3 gave you the urge to keep watching 4-6 then I guess technically they are doing their jobs.

Not in the way they should've, though.
It's more like if you've go to take a nice, relaxing shower and you turn it on only for it to rain dog shit on you. Well, that would really give you the urge to take a shower with water, now wouldn't it? That's what the Star Wars prequels are like.
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Anyone doing a marathon or something to commemorate this day?

.....that's probably where Schimmy is if you think about it.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is schimmel the "Star Wars guy?" I like schimmel but I didn't know he was our Star Wars guy.

By the way, I am also a Star Wars guy.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well do you have Star Wars tattoos? schimmel is that much more of a hardcore Star Wars guy than you
used44

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, that's pretty hardcore.
Kijan
White Mage of the Modern Age

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad Star Wars got convoluted as a Dan Browns book in the form of a slinky.

I'm intrigued by the franchise --> mostly the movies. But as a whole... the thing frickin' scares me: movies, books, comics, games, magazines... it has just gotten too big for its own good.

The newer Star Wars games are a proof of this. Sad
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why you just need to trust the old movies as canon and ignore the middle stuff...especially everything in Force Unleashed...
Lone Pine Loner

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinksOcarina wrote:
Thats why you just need to trust the old movies as canon and ignore the middle stuff...especially everything in Force Unleashed...

I played the demo to the second one and really enjoyed it, is it actually bad? Please don't say it's bad... Yes there has been some unnecessary spin offs but I guess I view majority of it as good because of my love for the far away galaxy. I was mad when I found out Battlefront 3 was canceled cause that leaked gameplay looked awesome.

And to the tattoo and some guy I went to disney with had the greatest tattoo idea his words: "I want to get a tattoo of yodi on my chest to represent my fan love for the series, and I choose yodi because if I get old the wrinkles will just make yodi look older and if I get fat he just turns into jabba the hut" I'm not a tattoo guy but I'd consider that
used44

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoda.

I really enjoyed the story (and gameplay) of Force Unleashed until the very end where it was all "Multiple endings! Both destroy the canon!" Not sure why it couldn't have just picked one good ending. Not everything needs to have options, just continue telling your good story.

I just got Force Unleashed II today in the mail, coincidentally. I'll start it tonight probably.
schimmel
The Resident Forum Jedi

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit Howie Hall is calling me out! May the belated Fourth be with you all, and to make you happy here's a couple up-to-date pictures of my Star Wars arm.

those are the three facing more frontwards

that's my most recent. If you have me on facebook you've all seen it already, but I'm completely in love with it. Han Solo in carbonite coming out of my arm?! I just creamed my pants over it again!!

I know it's been a while since my last tattoo picture posts, and yeah, it's been a hot minute since I worked on my Star Wars arm, but trust me, I've been getting other sweet things done too, like a pirate leg. Yeah, a pirate themed tattoo leg sleeve. It's awesome. But this isn't the topic for that.

Again, but this time for realz, May the Force be with you all.

And sadly, I didn't do a marathon today. I really wanted to, but I went to a Detroit Tigers game instead. We kicked the shit out of the Yankees, so it was still a good SW day!

UghRochester wrote:
In my defense, I did say, "Excuse me for my ignorance."
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time i heard about the may the fourth joke was in duckula. Anyone remember that show?

Also i think the first force unleash is underrated while the second one... yyeeaaahh... skip it
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
Chris_Crime

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit I'm jealous of you Star Warriors.
While you were fostering an obsession a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I was wasting my hours watching Heathcliff cartoons and reading Marmaduke comics ;_;
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ughrochester clone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: