What Are You Playing? PUBG, Romancing SaGa 2 and Overwatch

With only a handful of sleeps to go before Christmas Day, many of you will likely be taking a break from work (or at the very least, putting in less effort while at work) in the run-up to December 25th. And what does that mean? More time to play video games!

As is usually the case around around this time of year, there aren’t many major new games to speak of that you can sink your teeth into. PUBG will be receiving its full release tomorrow, with Jason ready to post his final thoughts on the site following his preview of its troubled Xbox One port. He also published his review of the mobile puzzler Gorogoa, so check that out if you have a hankering for some brain teasers.

Also: The People Speak: Star Wars Extravaganza, Death Stranding Around, Bluehole A-Go-Go, and More

Elsewhere, Cody let us know his thoughts on Romancing SaGa 2, an old-school JRPG taking its cues from 16-bit era Squaresoft games. He enjoyed it a lot, so if that’s your bag then you can read his thoughts right here.

Personally, I spent the past week on vacation in Budapest, so there was little time spent playing video games. However, I did manage to squeeze in some Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the flight, with my trusty Nintendo Switch ensuring that I was never too far away from games even when taking a break from work. Since I returned yesterday, I’ve also been enjoying Overwatch‘s winter event (even if I’m still completely useless at its new Yeti Hunter mode).

But that’s enough about us — what have you What Are You Playing? forum thread, toobeen playing this week? Let us know in the comments section below, and be sure to check out our .

Upcoming Releases

Return to Derceto Manor in this reimagination of Alone in the Dark, a love letter to the 1992 cult classic horror game.
Dragon's Dogma is a single player, narrative driven action-RPG that challenges players to choose their own experience – from the appearance of their Arisen, their vocation, their party, how to approach different situations and more. On your journey, you’ll be joined by Pawns, mysterious otherworldly beings, in an adventure so unique you will feel as if accompanied by other players…
Rise of the Rōnin is a combat focused open-world action RPG that takes place in Japan at a time of great change. It is the very end of a 300-year long Edo Period, commonly known as “Bakumatsu”. Set in the late 19th century, Japan is facing the darkest of times as it struggles with its oppressive rulers and deadly diseases…
The wicked Grape and the Sour Bunch have taken over the Sparkle Theater, and now it's up to Peach and the theater's guardian Stella to save the play––and the day! Peach can transform and use fantastic showstopping abilities to face off against the Sour Bunch. Fend off the Sour Bunch with sensational swordplay as a swordfighter...en garde! In another role,…

Reviews

X