is pubg free

PUBG Free Alternatives: How to Play Battle Royale for Free

Battle royale games are all the rage, right now, with seemingly every gamer wanting to land on an island and fight to the death. Some battle royale titles costs a pretty penny to enjoy, while others cost nothing. If you’re a gamer asking “Is PUBG free?” and want a no-cost BR experience, you’ve come to the right place!

Below you’ll find a list of free PUBG alternatives, for PC, consoles, and mobile. Enjoy!

PUBG Free Alternatives: Is PUBG Free?

Unfortunately, no. At time of writing, PUBG costs $29.99 to buy on Steam and Xbox One. However, in the future there may be a drop in price, likely via a Steam Sale or Xbox One Store Sale.

PUBG Free Alternatives: Free Battle Royale PC Games

Fortnite is  my go-to answer for anyone looking for a great, free PC battle royale title. While the Save the World portion is paid-for, the Battle Royale section is totally free to experience. Definitely give it a try!

Warface Battle Royale is also worth a go. It’s free, and has a range of modes available.

PUBG Free Alternatives: Free Battle Royale PS4 / Xbox Games

As mentioned in the PC section, Fortnite Battle Royale is a fantastic battle royale shooter. What’s especially great, is that it’s also available on PS4 and Xbox One.

Epic Games has been incredible supporting Fortnite with free content drops, as well as patches to help provide a smoother experience for players. The game will also soon run at 60fps across all consoles.

PUBG Free Alternatives: Free Battle Royale iOS / Android Games

On mobile, out of the games I’ve tested, I’d recommend Rules of Survival and Knives Out. Both titles take huge inspiration from PUBG, and they run surprisingly well, even on my older OnePlus One. I’d download both, and give each a try, before picking a favorite.

Upcoming Releases

Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

9 SCUF Reflex Review
SCUF is the brand that comes to mind for most people when it comes to custom gaming controllers. It’s been…
X