The People Speak: Shadow of War Drops its Microtransactions, Ni no Kuni 2 Love Letters, and More

It’s a big week for GameRevolution next week, with our brand new Cross-Play podcast kicking off a variety of community-focused plans we have in store for GR. With a couple of days left to wait for the big debut of the weekly podcast, we’ve been looking through all the lovely comments you’ve left for us over the course of the past seven days, in a relatively slow week for the gaming industry in which everyone was still tied up with Far Cry 5.

Here are our favorite comments of the past week, ranked in no particular order:

Starling

Article: Tell GR: What’s Your Best April Fool’s Day Prank?

Comment: I used to moderate a forum, it was this serious RP forum with dark themes and stuff and on the 1st of April I changed the theme to a bright pink one with hearts and unicorns for the whole day. And no one got upset, which was great. 😀

GR Says: This April 1st I role-played as someone who vehemently dislikes April Fool’s Day. I’m looking forward to doing the same next year.

Nanotroll 2

Article: Fortnite Has More Monthly Active Users  Than GTA Online

Comment: Now that you can play Fortnite or PUBG on iPhone – I can’t imagine how low productivity has dipped in public schools.

GR Says: Judging by our current trajectory, by the time these students leave college everyone in the Western world will have released their own battle royale game, so playing Fortnite and PUBG on iPhone can pretty much be classed as homework.

theclearheadedone

Article: Pokemon GO 8 Bit Style Ends Sooner Than You’d Like

Comment: April fools is a single day, not a WHOLE FUCKING WEEK. End this shit now. It was annoying at first. Now it’s a struggle not to delete the app and find something else to waste my time on.

GR Says: GameRevolution commenter “theclearheadedone” here, living up to their name by losing their shit over Pokemon GO.

Anonymous User

Article: Shadow of War Microtransactions Replaced by Free Updates

Comment: It really seems like with games anymore its better to buy then 6 months to a year after release. Shadow of War, Master Chief Collection, Mass Effect Andromeda etc. no reason to buy a game at release anymore other than impatience

GR Says: The suggestion that we should wait for a few months to buy games ignores the fact that if we don’t immediately purchase them we will literally die.

strangebiscuit

Article: How Ni no Kuni 2 Revitalized My Love for the JRPG

Comment: I was concerned about this game due to the lack of Studio Ghibli involvement but you’re definitely making me want to go grab it immediately. I did think the first one was a little slow game-play wise but couldn’t really care because of the joy of feeling like you’re essentially playing a Ghibli movie. But a more engaging game in a similar spirit sounds like a pretty good thing.

GR Says: And you can hear plenty more of our thoughts about Ni no Kuni 2 on Tuesday’s very first Cross-Play podcast!

Upcoming Releases

Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes is designed to bring players a modern take on a classic JRPG experience. Get ready to lead 100+ playable characters through a war-torn world only you can save.
Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

9 SCUF Reflex Review
SCUF is the brand that comes to mind for most people when it comes to custom gaming controllers. It’s been…
X