More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Lara Croft and the Temple of Osi Preview
Lara Croft takes another crack at the isometric adventure, and this time she makes Egypt angry.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Madden NFL 15
Release date: Out Now

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

LATEST FEATURES A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!

inFamous: First Light Battle Arena Hints, Strategies, Tips [Stream Over]
Watch as I build out our feature of useful tactics for players in Sucker Punch's wave-based and arcade-awesome arena mode.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
OT - Guild Wars 2 GR Community Style
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: OT - Guild Wars 2 GR Community Style Reply with quote

*SERVER UPDATE*

The GR community server will be Fort Aspenwood..

List of people's account names:

Green_Lantern - Bill Nye the Science Guy.7946
danielrbischoff - danielrbischoff.1280
Jonathan_Leack - JonnyBigBoss.2071
PeeDeeJay - PeeDeeJay.8365
sandineyes - Sandineyes.7926
NickKmet - TheEvilMayor.2713
MasterRabbi - MasterRabbi.1497
LawnGnome - LawnGnome.6587
sg4real - xXDiabloXx.7815
Dsire - Dsire.6837
Brose - Brose.3952
joe19 - Maze.6309

So even though I hate "OT" because I think off topic, rather than official thread, I decided to make my first ever OT, mainly cause we kinda botched the potential with SWtoR by not getting a community thread together before the start of the game.

ANYWAYS

Who's ready for this shit? I'm pretty pumped to try it out. Anyone going to be in the up coming beta this next weekend? If not, why the hell not? Curse is giving away free beta keys I know I got mine.

But I want to kind of leave this thread up to you, the forum goers. What race/profession are you planning on playing. Do you want to get a GR guild going on a specific world, or just pick a random one for us to play on. (If there's enough interest that it). So go, discuss this shit!

Last edited by Green_Lantern on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 8 times in total
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUILD. It is Guild Wars after all. And yes we definitely need to all be on the same server from the beginning. When do they release lists of that?

I unfortunately, will probably not be on the beta weekend coming up, but I will definitely be there on the next or at launch.

I'm probably going Thief/Human simply based on my earlier playtime with the game. Here:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/roll-a-thief-in-guild-wars-2-12539
MasterRabbi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all about getting together for this. I have a beta key, and was planning on starting a Human/Nord for it. I figure the two new races will have packed starting zones from the people that played in the old Beta Weekends.

Were there named servers in the old BWE? Definitely should jump on this early before we all get dispersed.

I'm trying to keep my excitement down below 11 because I don't want to be disappointed. Truthfully I think the industry, and myself as a gamer, is ready for this. An MMO that I don't need to "commit" to. I also love PvP, and hear GW1 had a great system. WvWvW just sounds great and looks funny when you type it.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they have a list of the servers available in the beta events right here

You're probably right about the Sylvari and Asura zones being way over populated, but those are my two favorite races. Maybe I'll just wait till the full release to try those. Haven't decided on a profession either, most interested in the mesmer, necro, and ranger though.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really want to play this game, but i just can't add another addiction to my diablo addiction.

if this actually lives up to the hype and doesn't die within 3 months of release like every other MMO, I will probably get into it.

even more tempting with a GR guild.. uggghhhhh
MasterRabbi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like those races. My video card is pretty old though, so I'm terrified of lag + computer crunch. We could always start as different races and meet up in later areas.

My impartial pick is Enternal GRove. This has the second # of occurrences of the letters G and R, but has them in the right order. What say you?

I have no idea on profession. I usually like buffing and stealth, and nature stuff. Elementalist, Ranger, Engineer, and Thief are my first impressions, with a word for Gaurdian because shields look cool usually.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
i really want to play this game, but i just can't add another addiction to my diablo addiction.

Do it!
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:

if this actually lives up to the hype and doesn't die within 3 months of release like every other MMO, I will probably get into it.

even more tempting with a GR guild.. uggghhhhh

Well, considering the original has been going for years, I don't expect this to die at all.

I put thousands of hours in GW1, so I'm pretty excited for this. We do need to do a GR guild though. I don't have a beta key, sadly, though I guess if I just went ahead and pre-ordered the damned game already I would have one.

I'll probably play some kind of support class, because that's what I did in the original game. Either an elementalist or an engineer.

But yeah, we need to do a guild!
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
C_nate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be tempted to check it out but I never run out and buy a MMO on launch day. Learned that lesson the hard way with Warrhammer online. So if it has a stable launch, not too many bugs and gets some favorable reviews I'll be tempted to get it. Anyway, for those of you jumping in early, I hope you have better success than our attempt at the swtor one.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's kinda why I decided to get this started early (maybe too early but whatever). With SWtoR a thread didn't pop up until after the release and people had already started character on their respective servers, whereas this one we can decide all that stuff before the release.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never too early for GW2. I have NEVER been "excited" for an MMO, but Guild Wars 2 was THAT much fun when I played it a few months ago.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the more I hear about it, the better it sounds. I'll probably pre-order towards the end of summer.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final beta event begins in a week and will introduce the final two races. I'm so pumped. I need to find what race and class I'm going to play first at launch. I suck at choosing...
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ok you got me i'll play

you get a 3 day head start for pre purchasing? that's kinda dumb imo.

but the game does look great
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
ok ok you got me i'll play

intoTheRain wrote:
you get a 3 day head start for pre purchasing? that's kinda dumb imo.

but the game does look great

Just an incentive to get people to buy the game early, quite a few MMOs do that actually.....Some people will go to great lengths to get their personal character names.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it won't run on my mac but I will do WHATEVER I need to do to play this game at launch.

NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the release date?
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

August 28
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll preorder it closer to launch.
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling either this or Dota 2 will be my GOTY.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18
Jump to: