More Reviews
REVIEWS Cut the Rope: Triple Treat Review
Cutting the ropes has never before made gravity so… pricey.

Faster Than Light: Advanced Edit Review
FTL's Advanced Edition is a natural fit for the iPad. But whatever platform you're playing on, the new content adds depth and variety.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sniper Elite 3 Preview
Sending bullets through the hate.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Release date: Out Now

Trials Fusion
Release date: Out Now

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Release date: 04/29/14

Bound by Flame
Release date: 05/09/14

LATEST FEATURES 4 PAX Indie Titles to Look Out For
We've given attention to all the higher profile games at PAX EAST, but now it's time for the indies.

Ouya's Best Games Coming to the Platform
The Kickstarter console is slowly establishing itself with a couple of creative gems on the way.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP danielrbischoff
Peace in the Era of Call of Duty
By danielrbischoff
Posted on 04/15/14
In a world dominated by violent media, Americans are no more eager to go to war than they were in the 1980s or the 1960s or the 1940s. Hasn't it always been someone else's problem? The overwhelming majority would rather go on thinking it had nothing to do with them and there...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What age did you first start playing games?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Classic Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ivory_Soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
Stick around the forums and maybe you'll get a sense for our intense camaraderie that allows for such bad/mean jokes.

Or go write a review for Unreal Tournament, whatever.

I have been around the forums for quite a few years, but there is an overabundance of jerks here (in the past couple of years). I can understand you were joking, but some of these guys (mainly the newer ones) get seriously butt hurt if you don't agree with their opinion and will have like 10 page arguments with you. I can't stand that. My guess is that they are probably 10-15.

I also forgot to mention that I DID have a computer when I was a kid...well the family did. My martial arts instructor did welding on the side with my dad and gave us their old Packard Bell (before it was HP) and the thing couldn't even run 3D Ultra Mini-Golf. Even on low settings the thing stuttered like crazy but we played it anyway. I can't remember any of the specs, but it did have Windows 3.1. After a year we upgrade to a (at the time) top of the line computer with a 400MHz CPU (Pentium II) (CPU card mind you not the micro processors), 128MB of RAM, 8GB HDD, 8MB SVGA GPU, and wait for it...WINDOWS 98!!!. Plus an Olympus digital camera and one of the very first Wacom tablets.

Last edited by Ivory_Soul on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haa Haa Used ia a douche bag.

Seriously though, my earliest memory is about 5/6. What else can you remmeber when you were 2?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:
Haa Haa Used ia a douche bag.

Seriously though, my earliest memory is about 5/6. What else can you remmeber when you were 2?

Some people are different. I only have two other memories at that age and they were pretty bad. I know I'm not making it up because when I got old enough to tell someone they confirmed it for me. The other memories were bad, I don't want to put a damper on this fine and intellectual conversation we have going here.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have memories of me crawling out of my crib and getting under my twin sisters crib laying on my back to put my feet up underneath the mattress. Then I would bounce her around in it to be annoying.

I was kinda a ornery child, but I do have a few select memories from when I was really really young. Also only have one memory of my parents being together when I was 1. I remember they were fighting. I guess everyone just has different memories capabilities at different ages, and maybe things happening in their lives makes them mark memories.

Last edited by Sourdeez on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember my first shit - it was glorious.
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:
I remember my first shit - it was glorious.

x-x! lol
used44

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had also had a PC that my uncle gave my parents but I'm not familiar enough with it anymore to know if the games were DOS or whatever. I just remember Avoid the Noid and a few others.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:
Haa Haa Used is a douche bag.

Seriously though, my earliest memory is about 5/6. What else can you remember when you were 2?
I also remember my brother being born, and playing outside one day.

But mostly I remember playing NES.

o--(^-^)--o
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played and beat Super Mario Bros on the NES when I was 3. I do have witnesses, like my whole family knows.
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was two or three I would climb on top of my dad's car and jump off, and he would catch me. And then he went into the kitchen, and it didn't register in my head that he wouldn't be there to catch me when I jumped.

I don't remember anything else after that.

But when did I start? Around age 4 on my uncle's Atari 2600.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember, some point before five (since that's when we moved), playing on the good ol' Commodore.

The first gaming thing that I could say was properly mine was the gameboy, of course. We were so lucky, my brothers and I, to each have one of our own. My life was dedicated to that thing, and hours and hours in the car with link cables. Smile
I sprinkle sand into the waters of night. The grains burn as they fall, reminding me of another in times long passed away. I watched him even then as he fell, his face undefeated, his eyes still proud.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, I don't trust you...and I still think that Heatmiser is you and you're just planning some elaborate ruse.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
Ugh, I don't trust you...and I still think that Heatmiser is you and you're just planning some elaborate ruse.

You're fucking with me, right?
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 1.

Yep...that young.
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As many of you know, I'm half-Japanese. But the jarring reality of the situation is...though my birthmother is Japanese, she actually conceived me with a Brazilian Atari joystick. So I win...because I am half-console since in utero.
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remembered getting the NES when I was 5, though I remembered my dad stuffing me into a racing arcade cabinet.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was a 7 month old fetus I can recall having a dream involving random colours. Shortly after I was born, (probably 2 weeks old) I remember watching my 9 year old cousin playing Super Mario Bros on the NES. The red character Mario running along the blue background rekindled my dream when I was a fetus. I remember it was the first time I felt nostalgic as I remembered being in the womb.

By the fully grown age of 7 months I was playing Super Mario Bros, although I wasn't very good and spent most of the time sucking on the controller.

At age 1 I had played through the majority of NES games at the time. I couldn't talk but I remember thinking Gee I wonder if there will ever be a Super Mario Bros 3?
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ http://youtu.be/jmgcjRu1s-8

o--(^-^)--o
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks De-Ting for reminding me why I don't post in classic. Nothing but jerks in here.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That's right boy, and you're one of 'em!"

o--(^-^)--o
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Classic Gaming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: