More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

LATEST FEATURES An Updating List of PlayStation 4 Updates We Want
Sony and Microsoft have been updating their consoles regularly, but we wanted to share our own ideas for updating the PS4 firmware.

An Updating List of Xbox One Updates We Want
Microsoft has launched Xbox One and done its best to follow Sony's lead and its even secured some exclusive software, but we want more.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oneshotstop
Call of Duty will never be the same
By oneshotstop
Posted on 07/28/14
       We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[Official] World of Warcraft topic.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing me, I will get it eventually....I can't say I like the skill point changes though.

And I have 4 85s with a couple more sitting at 80.....
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh.. suddenly im depressed this is the first xpac launch im gonna miss. always been fun in the past.

my account is banned for some unknown reason, i imagine i was hacked after i quit or something, and i cant be bothered to get it unbanned
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished the pandarien starting zone, and i gotta admit, it had that myazaki feel. I love how the quest makes you feel you are on some sort of fun adventure but slowly and slowly you realize your home is slowly changing into a battleground. The panda people are also some of the most expressive and emotional people I've ever seen in wow. They got so much movement just by landing a jump! Reminded me why so many people race changed into a goblin after cata came out.

I was also told that blizzard will update the old races to reflect the same animation the pandaren have. It's true that i notice my troll monk had more life in his movement then my warrior. It's actually really impressive! But then with the other classes is the same old boring movement (unless you are a panda). Blizzard better keep their promises to fix that with the ever rumored "Race update".

intoTheRain wrote:
ugh.. suddenly im depressed this is the first xpac launch im gonna miss. always been fun in the past.

my account is banned for some unknown reason, i imagine i was hacked after i quit or something, and i cant be bothered to get it unbanned

They got ya covered!
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
I just finished the pandarien starting zone, and i gotta admit, it had that myazaki feel. I love how the quest makes you feel you are on some sort of fun adventure but slowly and slowly you realize your home is slowly changing into a battleground. The panda people are also some of the most expressive and emotional people I've ever seen in wow. They got so much movement just by landing a jump! Reminded me why so many people race changed into a goblin after cata came out.

I was also told that blizzard will update the old races to reflect the same animation the pandaren have. It's true that i notice my troll monk had more life in his movement then my warrior. It's actually really impressive! But then with the other classes is the same old boring movement (unless you are a panda). Blizzard better keep their promises to fix that with the ever rumored "Race update".

intoTheRain wrote:

They got ya covered!

oh believe me ive done all that... i did it again today and it said its going to restore my diablo account not my wow account.

cant call cause there isnt even a hold they just straight up tell you they cant take your call.

cant post on customer support because im banned.

open a ticket and they dont type anything, just send me their copy pasta crap with a link to the restoration page.

ive been tryin, and i give up.

hope you enjoy though! looks awesome.

EDIT: END TEARS. right after i posted this i got an e-mail saying it's been unlocked. i sent a super serial e-mail today very polite and very sob story explaining the bullshit ive gone through. finally got a useful GM.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew.. ok finally made it to level 86! Gotta admit, the jade forest was a breath of fresh air for me! I had a better experience questing there then in any zone in Cata!
Next stop... Valley of the four wind! /roar!
C_nate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had fully intended on skipping this expansion and stay retired from WoW for good but a relative stopped over today with a gift. MoP! Just a clear out of the blue, thinking of you gift, no occasion cause they knew I used to play (I guess they think I still do and I didn't have the heart to tell them I had quit) so I will be installing later today. Hello old friend, I am back again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Level 87 Death Knight
Level 12 Pandaren Monk

Loving this expansion so far. It made me completely drop Guild Wars 2, Torchlight 2, AND Borderlands 2.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very inspiring comic here. Funny how the author used to have a different opinion about MoP... Just to show this game can still amaze us.

By the way, finally leveled my main to 90... and that's when i realized i still have LOTS more to do. I'll level my monk first before i do end game.
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DING!

intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gonna get MoP goin sunday
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....Couldn't resist it....

Now just have to decide whether to level my paladin or priest first...
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
Well....Couldn't resist it....

Now just have to decide whether to level my paladin or priest first...

Go Priest. Paladins are overplayed and Shadow Priests are extremely potent right now.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was thinking too...But I also have a hunter and mage at 85 too.

I guess just start with priest and work from there.
C_nate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just hit 87 with my hunter. Would probably be a level or 2 higher but I've been spending a lot of time playing poke-err pet battles. Got my team of 3 up to level 10 so far. Been messing around with my archeology again too. Made a nice rare polearm from pandaren fragments that has some pretty nice stats for my hunter except for the fact that they only let you equip either a melee or ranged weapon and not both anymore. Not too crazy about that change but I guess I can understand why they did it. Not a bad expansion so far.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

downloading.

think im gonna go back to my trusty mage
C_nate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a crazy good morning. See, long before the battle pets I kinda of did the pokemon thing with my hunter by taming rare pets. Back in vanilla WoW, it was things like Zaricotl and later on I became one of the very few hunters on my entire server to solo tame a grim totem spirit wolf (because of the crazy mechanics you had to do to tame one in time) and was one of only a small handful of hunters total that were able to get it before the devs retired it. So I've always liked getting hard to find pets.

Was up early and decided to complete a few archaeology things to finish up my professor title that I had been working on before my time away.

So after getting back to back night elf scroll cases (they sell for 400 gold each) I started to fly across Hyjal to go to my next dig site. As I was flying by Sulfuron Spire, who do I spy just chillin down in the lava? This guy!

Terrorpene is a rare spawn and I had tried to acquire him in the past to no avail. So I swooped down and tamed him right quick. That is after getting killed by his crazy damage channel thing he did the first time. Embarassed

Feeling happy with myself I decided to check on another rare spawn nearby. In the Molten Front. After running around for a few minutes he wasn't there so I exited back into Hyjal only to see this guy flying around only a few hundred feet above me.

Ban'thalos is another rare spawn, a spirit beast (so I had to switch over to beastmaster spec to tame) and is one of those "challenge" tames that they added a while back. The challenge comes from trying to find a way of agroing him without falling to your death which I learned the hard way. I finally got him by positioning myself over some pillars so after shooting him I landed with about 10% health left. I quickly threw down a freezing trap to not get killed a second time by his moonfires that hit for 20k each that he spams over and over.

So now I'm feeling downright giddy. 2 rare spawns in the span of a few minuets in a small area. So I decided what the hell, why not go back and check on that spawn in the Molten Front that wasn't there just a little bit ago. I zone in, run over to his spawn area and I'll be damned if he isn't now just sitting right there waiting for me.

Deth'tilac is yet another rare "challenge" spawn. The challenge with this guy is that he has nearly 77 and a half Million hit points and has an ability that one shots anyone in his melee range but at the expense of 10% of his total health for each use. He is absolutely immune to tame until his health drops below 25%.

I didn't have a bunch of people willing to sacrifice themselves so I kited him solo, around and around for a good long while, whittling his health down until it was low enough to finally bag him.

For a rare pet hunter like myself, it was like hitting the jackpot. Quite the morning. Very Happy
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrorpene is the best! I named mine Frosty.

For rare spiders I have both Skitterflame and Kirix.
C_nate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added another rare to my collection last night.

This is Stompy and in my opinion is by far the coolest looking goat in MoP. In an interesting twist, the rare pets in MoP are invisible. To tame one you need to first locate "heavy tracks" and follow those tracks to the end and flare the animal out to start to tame. They are always moving so the tracks are always moving so you can't just stand around waiting for a spawn like you did before. You need to literally track them down. Kind of neat and really fits into the hunter type.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got to 88 with my shaman and decided their dps is just too low for my liking and their pvp ability is always gimped as elemental so leveled my mage instead he's almost 87. was only at 80 when i started.

i like the expansion, but i dont like the lore at all. there needs to be a big evil bad you look forward to smacking down, there really isn't in this one.

and the first dungeon the brewery place is the worst dungeon in the history of WoW dungeons.

but overall glad i came back and finally dropped diablo 3.
C_nate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the lore in this one. It brings the focus back to the conflict between the two factions rather than forcing them to work together to defeat a greater threat which was what the last two expansions were all about.

I started a panda monk just to see their starting area and story and that part I haven't been impressed with so far.

I didn't think the brewery was that bad either. At least it is a short quick run. Worst dungeon ever for me will probably always be the Occulus.

My biggest complaint about the expansion so far is that for all the other things they changed, they still didn't change the end game. It is still the same formula. Hit level cap, start grinding rep, start grinding tokens, get your gear.

I have about 25% left till I hit 90 and looking at all the grinding coming up is just off putting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18
Jump to: