More Reviews
REVIEWS Wayward Manor Review
Not even the power of Neil Gaiman and The Odd Gentlemen could save this game from a fate worse than death: a terrible score.

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red Review
"Unlimited World Red"? More like "Sorta Limited Town and Extended Areas... Red. And Blue. And Some Yellow."
More Previews
PREVIEWS Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Preview
Abandoning paint for clay, Nintendo gets crafty with Kirby once more.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

Hohokum
Release date: 08/12/14

Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: 08/19/14

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: 08/19/14

LATEST FEATURES How Bioware Creates Romances
Bioware's games have romances where you might save the world, on the side of course.

We Absolutely Should Be Upset With Club Nintendo's Latest Elite Rewards
Surveys out the wazoo and I get a code for Dr. Luigi?
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Kakulukia
Why Sunset Overdrive Can Go Suck A Lemon
By Kakulukia
Posted on 07/14/14
Yesterday, while cleaning up my media center, I found my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, which I bought sometime before Christmas last year. I had been pretty excited about this game pre-release, what with it being the first "traditional", albeit shorter than usual,...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[OT] Halo 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spartan317

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
You probably attempted to play it on Heroic or Legendary.

Reach is fucking hard. Hopefully they'll tone the difficulty back a bit for Halo 4.
I don't mind a challenge, but god damn, when you're playing on the second easiest setting and you get through literally 100+ enemies, most of them elites and brutes, only to come across some skirmisher champions AND hunters, somebody has fucked up somewhere.

I just finished the story of Reach, and i was playing it on Normal difficulty the same way i used to play the other Halos on Legendary. Actually had to be smart and patient.

To be fair the game ends with you dying... Hell it started with you dead...

We all suck at MP except dave... and Ugh when he's crouching
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spartan317 wrote:
To be fair the game ends with you dying... Hell it started with you dead...

Yeah, i mean it makes a certain amount of sense that it's harder than the 117 games considering you're not a SPARTAN-II, but seriously you're taking on double the amount of enemies john ever did which is straight annoying. Some parts of the game are actually impossible to fight your way through, forcing you to rush and pray.

Especially the last level. I tried fighting my way through twice before i was like 'fuck it - sprint time' and ran through a good 75% of the level letting my shield take all different kinds of abuse and taking health packs all the time. Still took me ages, and the very end where you go up against like 4 zealots, one armed with a fucking fuel rod gun, just after having blown all your ammo on brutes, pissed me off pretty hard. My already damaged controller came so very close to becoming nothing more than dust and some AA batteries.

Also, the Infinity sounds pretty BAMF and i can't wait to see it.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spartan317 wrote:
We all suck at MP except dave... and Ugh when he's crouching
daverabbit is pretty awesome. He's the Ku'ulei (ever played her in Call of Duty: Black Ops, she kicks amazing ass...except in Sticks and Stones) of Halo. I remember Delorean wasn't so bad either.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny that the only thing that has gotten me genuinely excited for Halo 4 is that everyone else will be playing and multiplayer with people I actually know will be readily available.

Seriously, I couldn't give a shit about the single-player campaign or story.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:

Reach is fucking hard. Hopefully they'll tone the difficulty back a bit for Halo 4.

Bitch please:

Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
It's funny that the only thing that has gotten me genuinely excited for Halo 4 is that everyone else will be playing and multiplayer with people I actually know will be readily available.

Seriously, I couldn't give a shit about the single-player campaign or story.

So, this is one of those games that you would pay only for multiplayer?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a reduced rate? Yes.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:
Bitch please

I could complete it on Legendary alone, but honestly it would take me ages and i just don't like reach that much. There's nothing wrong with running at 30FPS - sure it doesn't feel as good as 60, but it's fine. But when that 30FPS isn't stable, you need to tone back the graphics and bungie just didn't. So because i'm a spoiled elitist PC gaming douche, i HATE the framrate issues in Reach so badly that i can't considering playing it through again. With the difficulty so hard, the insane levels of motion blur and the constant FPS drops down to 15-20, i can't muster up the energy to want to get the delicious legendary achievements.

I'm also a little disheartened, because i simply won't be able to play Halo 4 either at all or very much for at least 10 weeks after release, because when Halo 4 is released i'll probably have just driven 600kms to start Australian Defence Force training. then after that, it's 12 weeks RAAF training. I suppose i might be able to squeeze in some gaming at night during the RAAF training, but i'm not sure.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, after reading this article
I concluded

Did anybody else know this?
Lone Pine Loner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
I remember Delorean wasn't so bad either.

Bitch please I wrecked in the last Reach playdate...

I could of gotten the legendary solo achievement but I've been too lazy to try. It's not impossible it's just a matter of patience, being more tactical, being okay with dying a lot, and possible using level shortcuts.

To Ugh when I reach Halo Fall of Reach and found out John is a redhead, freckled child who has a gap in his teeth I couldn't handle the image. Kinda cool how one of the most badass video game characters literally has none of the stereotypical badass man features that you normally find.
used44

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never read a halo book but I did know that, for whatever reason. The power of hanging out on the Internet, I guess. Speaking of that, thanks for combining four different annoying memes together, Ugh.
daverabbit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been too busy with lining up to quit my job and selling my house to contribute as much as I should, specially bout this game and all the Halo love I'm getting brings a lump to my throat. Can't wait to play, any free second I have will go to this. Hope to see u all there.

I beat Reach solo on legendary but barely remember it at this point. Went back and started going through 3 on legendary and wanted to smash my tv, so stopped and collected skulls and achievements I didn't get before. For whatever reason Reach was much easier for me then 3.

Many people will be glued to their tvs on election day, my reason will be far different then theirs. Terrified for the changes but excited for new Halo. Hopefully Ugh figures out his streaming by then.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can stream no matter what. The question is whether have not bad quality (standard def) or have better quality and crashes (HD). Roxio's capturing device is pretty good...for recording videos. It sometimes lags, but I had the quality up too high.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQfx7fFRYu8
Roxio Game Capture HD Pro is new and of course there's problems. When I live stream with it, I'll either not connect to twitch.tv or it crashes. Affen knows first hand of this happening.
I did write a review for this http://www.gamerevolution.com/blog/UghRochester/roxio-game-capture-hd-pro-review-92819

Also, can't wait. Less than 22 days!
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you guys know where I can find a review on some HD capturing equipment?
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:
Hey, you guys know where I can find a review on some HD capturing equipment?

You're messing with me, right?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just waiting for MrHeatmiser...
Lone Pine Loner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently watched the latest vidoc they made for multiplayer, I'm really excited. I tip my hat to 343 they're really putting a lot of effort and work into and aren't just simply trying to give a rehash halo. With all the changes I like how it's still the same but with more purpose with the customization and character development. Sure I still think Halo shouldn't continue but it's good to know that even though it is, it's going to be good
daverabbit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the same vidoc yesterday, very impressed with some stuff I saw. A lot of different games to play and enjoy no matter what ur taste. Even the tossing the oddball around like its rugby or something was pretty neat.
used44

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude who I had played Halo with 58 minutes previously sent me a voice message saying 'I know you can't get a job but you suck at video games, nigger.' Gotta love Xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Microsoft All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15
Jump to: