Red Dead Redemption 2 reverend stuck

Red Dead Redemption 2 Reverend Stuck in Train Tracks – How to Free Him

Probably the most irritating moment in the game: the Red Dead Redemption 2 Reverend stuck in train tracks sequence continues Rockstar’s long history with its games and frustrating train missions. I’m looking at you, Big Smoke. Still, if you want to know how to free the Reverend from the train tracks in Who is Not Without Sin, you’d best get onboard. Next stop, Guidesville.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Reverend Stuck in Train Tracks – Why Can’t I Free Him?

This one is just a case of Rockstar going a little heavy on the typography. A “Push L” symbol will appear at the bottom-right of your screen but, to some, may look like a “Push I” which, given the stress-filled circumstances, isn’t exactly helpful. Also, “Push L” isn’t exactly an apt description, as you’ll see below. Pushing in the left stick will do nothing to help the poor Reverend, and will probably see you scrambling to test out your controller. It’s not you, it’s the game. Trust me.

If you fail (and, if you’re here, you probably have), you and Reverend Swanson will meet a grisly end but, of course, you can restart from your last checkpoint and save him.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Reverend Stuck in Train Tracks – How to Free the Reverend

So, about the “Push L” prompt. That simply requires you to push up on the left stick rather than click the stick in. Confusing, I know. From there, you have to furiously mash the X (A on Xbox One) button to help free the good man of the cloth. You’ll both spring to the right and watch as the train comes hurtling past you. Don’t stick around and admire the view, though: getting the Reverend back to camp within two minutes counts towards 50% of Who is Not Without Sin’s optional objectives, with the other being winning two hands of poker.

Upcoming Releases

Return to Derceto Manor in this reimagination of Alone in the Dark, a love letter to the 1992 cult classic horror game.
Dragon's Dogma is a single player, narrative driven action-RPG that challenges players to choose their own experience – from the appearance of their Arisen, their vocation, their party, how to approach different situations and more. On your journey, you’ll be joined by Pawns, mysterious otherworldly beings, in an adventure so unique you will feel as if accompanied by other players…
Rise of the Rōnin is a combat focused open-world action RPG that takes place in Japan at a time of great change. It is the very end of a 300-year long Edo Period, commonly known as “Bakumatsu”. Set in the late 19th century, Japan is facing the darkest of times as it struggles with its oppressive rulers and deadly diseases…
The wicked Grape and the Sour Bunch have taken over the Sparkle Theater, and now it's up to Peach and the theater's guardian Stella to save the play––and the day! Peach can transform and use fantastic showstopping abilities to face off against the Sour Bunch. Fend off the Sour Bunch with sensational swordplay as a swordfighter...en garde! In another role,…

Reviews

X