More Reviews
REVIEWS Natural Doctrine Review
This actually might be "your dad's" Japanese TRPG, and for those with a hankering for it, that can be a very good thing.

Pokémon Art Academy Review
Nintendo’s handheld gets new drawing tools and lessons for fans of a franchise that has slowly grown into incredible popularity through its richness in character.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved
Release date: Out Now

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Release date: 11/04/14

Far Cry 4
Release date: 11/18/14

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Release date: 11/18/14

LATEST FEATURES 7 Problems With Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX [Hands-on Preview]
For the last time, Aqua, NO I will not go out with you! (Yes, yes I will, actually.)

Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437
I Don't Want to, but I Have To...
By oblivion437
Posted on 10/20/14
Well, Gamergate has spilled over into the mainstream media and the coverage appears to be nearly uniformly dreadful. Take " What is Gamergate, and What Does It Say About Gender In Video Games? " by David Konnow as an example.  It appears that the writer has done little to no...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Happy Wars - F2P comes to XBLA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drathbone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Happy Wars - F2P comes to XBLA Reply with quote

Anybody try this out yet? I downloaded it not knowing it was F2P. I found out after googling why I got an achievement on a demo without prompting a purchase screen. So far it's pretty damn fun. I wish it was a bit more serious, but nonetheless it's something different and I'm enjoying it so far. If anyone wants to play, add me C0d1esel and let me know your from GR. Someone should review this.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing this during the Xbox 360 Dashboard Beta. It is pretty fun, but I haven't really been playing it nowadays, since I'm currently waiting for Halo 4.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
I was playing this during the Xbox 360 Dashboard Beta. It is pretty fun, but I haven't really been playing it nowadays, since I'm currently waiting for Halo 4.

Yeah I feel like it's a rough time for a release like this. Lots of big things coming up in the holiday season, it will probably fall to wayside.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides that, I don't think Happy Wars has any promotion or ads going on. It's a pretty good game, but it's hidden.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Microsoft wanted to miss the bandwagon on f2p, with Sony offering up DCU for free and all, but they also didn't want to create a successful environment on 360, so they sent it to die in the Fall.
used44

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love something more similar to DCU to come to the 360.

As for Happy Wars, I downloaded it at launch but I haven't tried it yet. At this point, I'm more likely to delete it than I am to play it. I'm not even sure what type of game it is. I know it's semi-MMO, but I have no clue if its an RPG or action game or puzzle game or what. Ugh's right, there's been no marketing. I haven't even seen a review anywhere.
drathbone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
I would love something more similar to DCU to come to the 360.

As for Happy Wars, I downloaded it at launch but I haven't tried it yet. At this point, I'm more likely to delete it than I am to play it. I'm not even sure what type of game it is. I know it's semi-MMO, but I have no clue if its an RPG or action game or puzzle game or what. Ugh's right, there's been no marketing. I haven't even seen a review anywhere.

Try it out at least. Treat it like a cell phone app, it's free and if you don't like it, delete it.

But it's kinda like an objective based ctf brawler with minor rPg elements
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Microsoft All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: