Super Smash Bros Queen Song Sync

This Super Smash Bros Ultimate Trailer and Queen Sync is Uncanny

An intrepid fan has discovered that The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate trailer syncs up perfectly with the Queen song “Don’t Stop Me Now.” The recently released “More Fighters, More Battles, More Fun” commercial originally released sans music, with just the various noises of the fighters as background noise. However, when linked up with the 1978 Queen hit from the album Jazz it seems almost impossible that the team that made this Super Smash Bros Ultimate trailer didn’t have the song in mind.

Here’s the original trailer as released by Nintendo:

Here’s the version of the Super Smash Bros. trailer synced with Queen’s “Don’t Stop Me Now”:

It’s not hard to tell where the song and lyrics synchronize, but we’ve put together a small list below.

• “I’m a shooting star, leaping through the sky”: When the Arwing appears as a star in the background and flies towards the foreground, followed by Kirby riding a star to the ground.
  • “Defying the laws of gravity”: When Samus, Marth, and Pikachu jump into the air and hover for a moment.
  • “Like Lady Godiva”: When Isabelle turns and smiles to the camera.
  • “I’m burning through the sky, yeah”: When Charizard exits the Poke Ball.
  • “That’s why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit”: When Mega Man is charging his buster cannon.
  • “I’m traveling at the speed of light”: When Donkey Kong punches Captain Falcon through the air.
  • “I wanna make a supersonic man out of you”: When Sonic appears on the screen.
  • “I’m having a ball”: When the Smash Bros. logo appears in Squid Girl’s eye.
  • Directly after the lyric “If you wanna have a good time,” the trailer announcer says, “More Fighters, More Battles, More Fun.”

I’m sure there are more instances where the song syncs with the trailer, but the ones above really stood out to me as apparent links.

Whether this was done on purpose as a sort of internal easter egg by the team that made the trailer or some kind of bizarre coincidence, no one knows. It seems like we have a gaming version of the old The Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon conundrum here. Regardless of the answer, though, it’s a pretty fantastic matchup and kudos to the fan who took the time out to make the video.

[Image Credit: Getty Images/Phil Dent

Upcoming Releases

Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes is designed to bring players a modern take on a classic JRPG experience. Get ready to lead 100+ playable characters through a war-torn world only you can save.
Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

9 SCUF Reflex Review
SCUF is the brand that comes to mind for most people when it comes to custom gaming controllers. It’s been…
X