More Reviews
REVIEWS Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfa Review
[PlayStation release update] Electronic Arts and the development team at EA Canada hope to catch as many PlayStation gamers as they did when Garden Warfare first launched exclusively on Xbox One.

CounterSpy Review
Your operative is tasked with infiltrating both sides of nuclear war. Can CounterSpy finish the mission in time for your PSN credit?
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: Out Now

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: Out Now

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

LATEST FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Nom Nom Galaxy

The Best Upcoming Racing Games of 2014
You've probably only heard of Sony's exclusive Driveclub and Microsoft's exclusive Forza Horizon 2, but don't forget about a few others.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP KevinS
RIP Robin Williams (1951-2014)
By KevinS
Posted on 08/14/14
Robin Williams (1951-2014) Robin Williams was an absolutely exceptional comedian, talented actor, and holder of a special place in video game history: He was the first really famous gamer I know of. I’m sure there were others, but they kept a comparatively low profile, unlike one...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
OT - Guild Wars 2 GR Community Style
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
Tried PvP for the first time tonight. Dominated. I'm in love.

Thief is top-tier in sPvP at the moment.

By the way, sPvP is intended for small-sized competition. Don't be turned off if you get annihilated as there currently is no ranking system to separate pro-teams and random newb teams. Oh, and classes aren't balanced.
Noritama

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan_Leack wrote:
Noritama wrote:
I'm rerolling I am feeling underwhemed as an Ele at this point. All I'm good for is stacking might for people and possibly burning people.

You should just stick with it or else you'll be caught in a vicious cycle of rerolling and never hitting 80.

Every class has its moments of boredom, but they always come from your build not being cohesive.

Yeah I'm still playing it I just felt out of love for a second. I just took a break for a few hours and realized I needed to reroll my stats.
C_nate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that I'm like the only necro in the guild. Does the class suck or something? I started off pretty squishy but it's starting to get better. I'll probably try pvp after I unlock my last ability quickslot in two more levels.
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C_nate wrote:
I noticed that I'm like the only necro in the guild. Does the class suck or something? I started off pretty squishy but it's starting to get better. I'll probably try pvp after I unlock my last ability quickslot in two more levels.

Indirect/debuff based classes such as Warlocks, Witch Doctors, and Necromancers are always unpopular. At present, necromancers are very middle-of-the-road. In sPvP they're probably the 3rd least powerful profession. In dungeons they're effective but you never want more than one. In WvW they're very annoying to play against and are great at defense. In dynamic events they're very useful for condition management.

I say stick with it. I feel the same way about my Engineer but I know that once the first balance patch comes out things will look totally different, and it's extremely nice to not play an overpopulated class like Warrior or Thief.
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noritama wrote:
Jonathan_Leack wrote:
Noritama wrote:
I'm rerolling I am feeling underwhemed as an Ele at this point. All I'm good for is stacking might for people and possibly burning people.

You should just stick with it or else you'll be caught in a vicious cycle of rerolling and never hitting 80.

Every class has its moments of boredom, but they always come from your build not being cohesive.

Yeah I'm still playing it I just felt out of love for a second. I just took a break for a few hours and realized I needed to reroll my stats.

Yeah, refocus your build.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C_nate wrote:

Necro is my next character (played it in the beta and didn't like it as much as Thief). It's either that or an elementalist next for me.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved my necro in beta. Wish I had more time to play.

p.s. New certified Nvidia driver just released
306.23 - WHQL
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/48847
C_nate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta go get it and see if it fixes the underclocking thing I have to do to play.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im crossing my fingers for you buddy.
elmoreoocyte

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running AMD/ATI cards and get a random gfx driver fail every few hours. The game doesn't even typically crash, just freezes a few seconds. My drivers are up to date, and I have the most current CAP. Sooo dumb.
C_nate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new drivers didn't fix my problem so I'm back to underclocking. Not a huge deal just a little annoying.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to find some time to play again. School is just overwhelming as fuck right now.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so has everyone pretty much quit this game already?
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still play sporadically. Ive been trying to level a character with my roommate but its hard for us to find time we can level together.
MasterRabbi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play pretty regularly, and really enjoy it. I'm also only 32, so I still have much of the world to see.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been back unfortunately. I keep planning to though.
elmoreoocyte

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat as Dan.

I've actually loaded the launcher a few times and updated the game with intent to play, just never did. Football season is a tough time for me to find time to spend on playing games instead of watching them.
LawnGnome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing some of the other games I missed out on (Dishonored, XCOM, BL2), but I'm keeping GW2 updated and will be back in not too long. I know many of my friends are in the same boat. I do love how I'm not compelled to play all the time though since it's not costing me any money while I don't play it, and I can say that whenever they do release a paid expansion or something I'll buy it for sure.
drathbone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got around to getting a beefy enough rig to play it. I'll likely just stick with SWTOR at the time while catching up with my console backlog.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't had any time recently. School has just been a total grind, and grad school applications are murderous. I will be back to playing it in the near future though.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18
Jump to: