More Reviews
REVIEWS Dokuro (PC) Review
Dokuro makes the jump from handheld to PC, but does it help or hinder this unusual platformer?

About Love, Hate, and the other Review
Simple feelings. Complex puzzles.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Magicka 2 Preview
How does that sing-along song go? "Magicka 2, Magicka 2, for the Playstation 4, and the PC, too..."
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 5
Release date: 12/31/14

Motorcycle Club
Release date: 01/01/15

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk
Release date: 01/14/15

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
Release date: 01/20/15

LATEST FEATURES Sony, The Interview, and Why Gamers Should Be Paying Attention
The fallout from the movie's cancellation reaches far wider than just Hollywood.

Downloadable Content Walks the Line Between Fun and Frenzied in Middle-earth
I don’t even care all that much for the Lords of the Rings brand, which makes the content falling under Shadow of Mordor’s Season Pass a pleasant surprise.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Black Friday 2014 Video Game Deals Buyer's Guide
Looking to score the most bang for your buck the day after Thanksgiving? Well look no further! Our Black Friday guide is just the tool you need.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Gamer Love
By ryanbates
Posted on 12/19/14
When a player one meets his or her player two, it's a beautiful thing. Check out this cake my friend and GameRevolution reader Lindsey L. gave her sweetums on their two-year anniversary!   ...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PlanetSide 2 |OT|

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: PlanetSide 2 |OT| Reply with quote

What is PlanetSide 2?

Planetside 2 is a Free to Play FPS featuring persistant, massive scale inter-continental warfare, with up to 2000 concurrent players per continent. At launch PS2 features 3 continents: Amerish, Esamir, and Indar, with much more planned to be released over many years of support for the game.

The game is faction based, with 3 opposing factions - The Terran Republic, Vanu Sovereignty, and New Conglomerate, each with their own arsenal, playstyle, and lore - whose goal is to capture and control territory or entire continents. You have multiple characters per account so you can try different factions.

Territory gives you resources, which are used to spawn vehicles - tanks, troop transports, ATVs, fighters, etc, and control over major facilities, as well as continents, gives bonuses to the controlling faction, such as reducing cost of supplies or vehicles, reducing the overheat time on turrets, the ability to spawn a certain class of vehicle, etc. Resources are awarded on a tick basis for the continent you are currently occupying.

What are the factions?

Terran Republic – Like a militaristic government, the Terran Republic uses its Imperial authoritarian might to impel humanity to peaceful coexistence through any means necessary. Strength in numbers, focusing on quickly delivering soldiers and bullets into their enemies with more traditional weaponry.

New Conglomerate– A loosely connected group of rebel factions and idealistic freedom fighters, the New Conglomerate fight against the hegemony of the Terran Republic and the fanatical alien influence of the Vanu Sovereignty. Heavy hitting weaponry, highly armored vehicles; less accurate and maneuverable.

Vanu Sovereignty – A technocratic Empire that believes humanity can only evolve by rediscovering and tapping into the lost technology of an ancient alien race. Extremely accurate, featuring laser weaponry with the absence of bullet drop, and highly maneuverable vehicles.

What are the classes?

Light Assault

Jetpack trooper, can deploy his own ammo and is armed with a carbine.

Heavy Assault

Heavy anti-infantry unit and anti-vehicle unit, can equip their faction's machine gun or anti vehicle weapon.

Engineer

Responsible for vehicle repairs as well as fortification, and is a handy anti-infantry class with its rifle or shotgun.

Medic

Responsible for replenishing players' health and reviving them on the field, armed with a rifle.

Infiltrator

Saboteur or a sniper, capable of cloaking, armed with a Sniper Rifle.

Mechanized Assault Exo-Suit (MAX)

An operator of the powerful armored robotic suit, capable of sustaining and dealing heavy damage, the only class that will require Engineer's attention along with Medic's

What server should I play on?

The official GameRevolution server is HELIOS (US West). Our faction is New Conglomerate.

Community player IDs:
Jonathan_Leack - JonnyBigBoss

Please post your ID in this thread to be added!

More Information

You can read up on the game's lore on the wiki: http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Lore

Or, you can watch some visual tutorials that are infinitely useful: http://www.planetside2.com/game-tutorials

Last edited by Jonathan_Leack on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
drathbone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a certain faction I need to choose to play with GR?
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Conglomerate!
Rainemaida
Beatnik

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasnt impressed with beta to be honest.

UghRochester wrote:
Is The Pirate Bay free? Anyways, I don't have cable. My internet service is Comcast.
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainemaida wrote:
wasnt impressed with beta to be honest.

Well, I'm working on my review. If you want to share specifics so I can integrate a second opinion let me know what you think. Wink
drathbone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I logged in and died before I could orient myself. Then I logged out. Prob won't ever "play" again if that's how this game goes.
MasterRabbi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a certain sweetness to dropping into combat ... but it was a terrible first impression, especially with how much there is to absorb in the game.

I'm a die-hard Vanu, though I think I'll roll NC with you. Already have a VS on Soltech if anyone is interested in hovering to victory.

Also plan on writing a blog about PS2 when I get back from vacation in Costa Rica... so probably late to the punch. But I'll still do it.
MasterRabbi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a character over there. I'm ok with NC, and their MAX suit looks amazing. Also the server you choose is named after Sean Connery.

MasterRabbibic
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys I wrote the wrong server in the topic. I play on Helios. Connery had serious lag problems the first 2 weeks making it impossible to review the game.
MasterRabbi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Np, I'll head that way.

Also double XP from today till the 2nd, and we just got the tail end of the Midwest snow, so no better time to hunker down and shoot some TR.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vanu will lead humanity in the right path!
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
MasterRabbi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote by blog entry about the changes. I think the shooting has improved, but some of the strategy can be improved on. You can read it here.
MasterRabbi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Metagame Design Meeting Reply with quote

PS2 is hosting a very neat idea, a community design meeting

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/16q7ic/announcing_the_first_community_design_meeting/

The basics is that ideas are posted by the community, voted on, and the top 5 voted ideas will chat with the developers live.

We'll see if anything comes out of this, but it sounds like a neat concept to me none the less. Several of the ideas have been spectacular, and I've been saying that we can't view the game as static.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: