More Reviews
REVIEWS LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Review
Batman and friends team up for another Lego adventure.

This War of Mine Review
Nobody wins.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Silence: The Whispered World II Preview
With its absolutely gorgeous sequel, Daedalic aims to create a mid-range difficulty adventure title that will expand the genre to a larger audiences.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Release date: Out Now

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix
Release date: 12/02/14

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Release date: 12/16/14

Kalimba
Release date: 12/17/14

LATEST FEATURES With Two Paths to Walk This Fall, I Recommend Assassins Play AC Unity Over AC Rogue
For fans of this series, it'll be a decision based on hardware. For enthusiasts, returning to the brand's roots will prove enticing.

Nintendo Download November 2014 - Updating Each Week
If you've got credit on Nintendo's digital eShop service or expect to receive a gift card this holiday season, start making your list with our weekly updates.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437
Wish List for Fallout 4
By oblivion437
Posted on 11/24/14
So I promised that list and here it is.  It's late and it's not as thorough as I'd hoped.  I also wish I had images handy to illustrate every point where helpful.  So, in no particular order - a subjective set of desired features for Fallout 4: Things to...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Returning to WoW
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurlkurry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Returning to WoW Reply with quote

So GR, the time that every former WoW player dreads has arrived... I'm thinking about reactivating my account. Since I have recently moved (and as such, my social life is practically non-existent) I've been looking for a new/old timesink to fill the void. So my question to all the WoW players out there is this: is MoP worth reactivating my account for? If yes, why? If no, why not? Would anyone familiar with the current incarnation care to speculate how much life this expansion has left in it? Or, can anyone recommend a different, yet comparable, game that is likely to provide the social/gaming fix that I so crave?

As an aside, I have spent the majority of my time in WoW with my beloved Undead Warlock (has been my main since vanilla), yet spent quite a large chunk of Cata rocking out my prot/holy pally (pve/pvp respectively). If anything has happened to my two beloved classes that you feel I should know about prior to reactivation,it would be greatly appreciated. : )

Thanks for the input all!

*I apologize if this topic has been covered before. I could not find it scrolling through the forums, nor with a GR search. If it has, please excuse this nublet and carry on.*
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gamerevolution.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10760

I stopped playing since WoTLK and I think the talent trees went through two revisions last time I played. You could see if you could download it for free. Won't hurt to take a peek inside, would it?
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guild Wars 2 is really fun, Im just busy playing farcry 3 and Asscreed 3.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its an excellent xpac. im not a huge fan of the lore or dungeons, but everything else is great. there is a ton of content to keep you busy. definitely worth a purchase.

i played cata for about a month, it was WoW's rock bottom, MoP is a new breath of life. and i think they're headed in the right direction, i can't wait to see what they have planned next, i think it'll be great.

because of the overwhelming amount of stuff to do, if you don't have a HUGE amount of free time, it isn't a very alt friendly xpac though.

as for guild wars 2... it looks good, but when i asked if people were still playing it in the Official GW2 topic, not a single person was still playing it, about 5-10 people replied with excuses as to why theyre no longer playing it but want to get back to it soon.

i think they're in denial Very Happy
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No don't do it!

I've never played WoW and don't intend to, but I guess I'd ask what you'll find in the game that you haven't already experienced before and what you might do with the sub fee in light of not spending it on WoW.
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/wwe-2k15-ps4-xone
FrozenBacon
100% sexy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit WoW multiple times and I think I am finally done with the game now.

I first quit during vanilla before I hit level 30. After running the first dungeon I saw that the game was just a repetitive grindquest and couldn't understand why I was paying for it. Joined again right before BC, hit level 65 and quit again because it was the same old shit with new dressing. I got convinced to resub with WotLK and the new cutscenes did keep me interested, enough to hit level 75. Quit again once I found out that the endgame was just endless grinding in the form of dailies and raids.

Of course I ended up resubbing for Cata and this time I ended up staying for PvP. First time I took PvP seriously in the game and I loved it. This time I didn't quit because the game sucked but rather because I didn't have the time to play.

I was tempted to resub when I found out about MoP but I figure the game is still the same ol shit that made me quit the first 4 times. Once you quit a game enough times, you are just forcing yourself if you end up playing it again.
Kurlkurry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it pretty hardcore for a number of years. I was always very much into raiding, as I loved the lore surrounding the raid bosses, plus that triumphant moment when that boss you've been working on for weeks finally freaking dies. When I quit, right around the time Firelands was released, it was done more out of necessity as I had finally left my cushy, easy job that allowed me time to raid (grind dailies, ect.) and got back into school and a kitchen job. I guess I just had a few questions for those that responded and have some experience with MoP:

1. I've heard complaints about the lore surrounding the new raid bosses, but not much about the mechanics? Are they at least interesting? Trying new things? Fun? Or are they primarily old bosses in new skins.

2. The cross realm zones sound kinda interesting, but I'm not sure I understand. Are they like in world BGs, like Tol Barad, or more like gathering places/daily quest areas?

3. Speaking of PvP, have they added any new bgs of note, ones that feel like a step foward, or at the least are just incredibly fun? (Wrath comes to mind, where they debuted two of the most fun bgs imo)

Lots of my guildmates abandoned WoW for ToR around the time I quit as well, yet i see quite a few of their levels creeping above 85 on the armory now. I guess what I'm wondering is has Bliz broke anything beyond repair, or is the game still fun?
Kurlkurry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
No don't do it!

I've never played WoW and don't intend to, but I guess I'd ask what you'll find in the game that you haven't already experienced before and what you might do with the sub fee in light of not spending it on WoW.

I guess I just really miss raiding is what it is. I miss the camaraderie and teamwork of it, plus the social aspect; hanging out with people I spent the better part of 6 or 7 years with playing with. As far as the sub fee is concerned, that's being covered many times over by my decision to kick the hooch to the curb; amazing how many games you can get when your not buying beer constantly. : )
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurlkurry wrote:
I2. The cross realm zones sound kinda interesting, but I'm not sure I understand. Are they like in world BGs, like Tol Barad, or more like gathering places/daily quest areas?

Entire zones, like Hyjal or even the Barrens - just not the new Pandaria zones. That aspect is pretty nice because you actually see people around when you're out questing.
Kurlkurry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, I see. That sounds kind of interesting, although competing with tons of other players for quest items seems like a potential drawback.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh it's really not a big issue...

My biggest gripe is what rain said....it's definitely not alt friendly - at least if you're planning on gearing them.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurlkurry wrote:
I guess I just really miss raiding is what it is. I miss the camaraderie and teamwork of it, plus the social aspect; hanging out with people I spent the better part of 6 or 7 years with playing with. As far as the sub fee is concerned, that's being covered many times over by my decision to kick the hooch to the curb; amazing how many games you can get when your not buying beer constantly. : )

Congrats on that! I don't spend nearly as much money on booze as I did in school either and I feel much better physically for it. (Doesn't mean I'm exercising though Razz)
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/wwe-2k15-ps4-xone
nihm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played WoW for a little over a year, I quit a couple months after Burning Crusade came out. Kept in touch with some of my guild members because they were cool people, and I think I'm gonna check out all the new shit I've missed in the past few years. It was a fun game, I think I'll try going healer this time. My main was a warrior, I also had a hunter alt that was a lot of fun.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive played alot of mmos back in my day but I started playing wow just a few betas before launch back in 2004. I then continued to play it all the way until the end of 2011. Ive been a officer(round table leaders) with a 13 year old guild for 8 years now. They started way back in ultima online. We meet up at DragonCon in Atlanta Georgia and I even went up to Ontario Canada when I turned 19(drinking age up there) and stayed with the guild master for a week. Some of the most impact full and long lasting relationships Ive made on the internet.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it gang... we got a wow thread for this!
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
runegss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow private servers mop best patch
C_nate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:

My biggest gripe is what rain said....it's definitely not alt friendly - at least if you're planning on gearing them.

I've seen other people say this and I don't understand why really. I have three level 90's and they all have an ilvl over 490. My main I did all the quests, dailies, rep grinds, etc, etc.. My other 2 90's I skipped all that noise and jumped right into the raid finder.

They made it even easier after 5.2 with the changes to elder charms. As soon as you hit 90 on an alt, take him to the isle of thunder, kill a rare mob, loot the key, run the solo instance in the first room and collect a dozen or more elder charms. After that, get him a few pieces of gear to get in the lfr's and you have double chances for loot on all the bosses from the last tier along with an increased drop rate to begin with.

I've found gearing alts now to be easier than at any other time I can remember. and I 've just started working on my 4th 85 to bring him up to 90 next.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C_nate wrote:
Green_Lantern wrote:

I've seen other people say this and I don't understand why really. I have three level 90's and they all have an ilvl over 490. My main I did all the quests, dailies, rep grinds, etc, etc.. My other 2 90's I skipped all that noise and jumped right into the raid finder.

They made it even easier after 5.2 with the changes to elder charms. As soon as you hit 90 on an alt, take him to the isle of thunder, kill a rare mob, loot the key, run the solo instance in the first room and collect a dozen or more elder charms. After that, get him a few pieces of gear to get in the lfr's and you have double chances for loot on all the bosses from the last tier along with an increased drop rate to begin with.

I've found gearing alts now to be easier than at any other time I can remember. and I 've just started working on my 4th 85 to bring him up to 90 next.

its extremely easy now... not so much almost 5 months ago when the comments you quoted were posted.
mgilbert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of new great MMOs now, maybe you should try something new. Of course WOW is still great. But it started getting me bored.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arch Age looks fun at a distance, Its in the cryengine and has player built towns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: