More Reviews
REVIEWS Anomaly 2 Review
Does the tower offense genre exist yet?

Fenix Rage Review
Anger will become your best friend.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sunset Overdrive Preview
Microsoft and Insomniac Games have created a new open-world shooter with clear influences from Jet Grind Radio. We went hands-on with the first hour of the game.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LATEST FEATURES Interview: Sunset Overdrive's Drew Murray and Ted Price Talk Traversal and Game Design
Insomniac's open-world shooter will land exclusively on Xbox One later this year and we got to go hands-on and speak with the devs on the this stylish Xbox One exclusive.

Sunset Overdrive Co-op Is a Thrill Ride and a Half: TGS Multiplayer Hands-On
I play a co-op round of Sunset Overdrive with seven other people at the Tokyo Game Show.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137 Background: I own and have completed every entry in the Ninja Storm series, so there is inherent bias but luckily this isn’t a review. These are just my thoughts on a fun series I chose to pick up after my Dragon Ball Z Budokai days. I am also only about 3 episodes behind in the...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GR Awards: Twenty Twelve!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: GR Awards: Twenty Twelve! Reply with quote

Another year goes by, and more pointless shit happens. But enough about that, what’s important is that I’ve finally constructed the best thing ever, a brand new Time Machine! And with it, I travelled through time to gather up the best celebrities possible on a struggling Time Mage’s salary, and got them to you right away. With that, I present to you the celebrity endorsed GR Awards: 2012!

Starting off is the ever popular Carrot Top’s Most Annoying Poster award. And the winner is:
De-Ting!
With his obnoxious, argumentative, and unfunny ways, he would be a perfect protégé into the world of prop comedy. It is recommended that you do this far, far away, however. Best of luck!

Next we have Bill Cosby’s Funny Man Award! This goes to:
BlackStar!
For the 30th year in a row, BlackStar takes home the gold. Or whatever the prize here is. Mr. Cosby suggests getting a cigar and making more wacky faces, as he claims that’s as good as it gets. Congrats!

After that we have the Tim “the Tool Man” Taylor award for Most Helpful Poster! And it goes to none other than:
used44!
Long ago, used realized that the secret to bettering everything in life was simply none other than applying MORE POWER!, a skill which definitely shows as he uses MORE POWER! to post at a helpfulness level higher than normal. Good on you!

Next up is the Least Helpful Poster award, presented by Benedict Arnold. And the winner is:
De-Ting!
While not being a traitor who hates freedom, De-Ting proved time and time again that he doesn’t really feel the need to be helpful or useful in any way. Hooray!

Moving right along, we have Shaquille O’Neal Award for Most Respect! And it goes to:
Bretimus_v2!
What else would be expected from this seven time winner of every award imaginable? Bret has proven time and time again that he has more moxie than Shaq has Fu, and has once again earned this award.

Now we have the Brittany Spears award for Least Respect, which goes to:
UghRochester!
Like the pop sensation, Ugh doesn’t get nearly the amount of respect he deserves. Unlike Ms. Spears, he also doesn’t get nearly the amount of money, fame, or women’s panties that she does. Hopefully one of those things will change for our dear friend Ugh. But only one.

After that is Kublai Khan’s Biggest Contributor award! And this goes to:
UghRochester!
Good ol’ Ugh has given us such gems with value equal or lesser than seven horses and a bag full of grain. With tribute amounts that amazing, who wouldn’t love Ugh forever? Keep it up, Ugh!

Next up, we have Dr. Seuss’s Green Eggs and Spam, a classic joke for the biggest spammer. This goes to none other than:
danielrbischoff!
For him posting is just a game.
Again and again, it’s all the same.
But all else can look and see
There’s very little quality.
Getting this award may not be tough,
But stop it man, we’ve had enough!

Moving right along, we have the On Topic Award presented by the calm, soothing voice of Henry Kissinger. And the winner is:
Wes!
Mr. Kissinger applauds your constant ability to stay in line with what is going on, and would like to pose with you in several photo opportunities to show his approval of the French Canadian way. Hooray!

Now, it’s time for the Diego Rivera Creativity Award! This goes to:
Tigerlily!
With a bunch of amazing little pieces of art, soon Tigerlily too may find her works on the walls of every single doctor and dentist office in America! Or maybe just the reception desks, where the front desk ladies will talk about how cute they are. Congrats!

Up next is the Great Caesar’s Award for Emperor of the Topics! The winner is:
used44!
GRANDO MAGNA SUETUS! CUM EJUS CONFERENDIS A DECIES CENTENA MILIA MAGNUS TOPICA ERIT NOMEN EIUS CRONICA APUD FORTIUM ET VINDICES IUSTIFICUS ROMA!

Presenting the award for Post Whore, we have Helen Jewitt! This goes to:
Optimus-Crime!
With all sorts of posts that don’t really amount to anything other than wanting to post more to get more money, OC can easily be called a whore of the post variety. Though probably a high class one, like in Pretty Woman.

Moving on, we have the Socrates Award for Most Intelligent Posts! The winner is:
Wes!
Perhaps Wes is the most intelligent not because of his posts, but because he is the only one who knows he is not the most intelligent. Or something like that. Either way, let’s hope our most ingenious poster doesn’t corrupt the youth! Congrats!

Next up is the Bjork Nonsense Award! This goes to:
Optimus-Crime!
This is most perfect of awards to make OC a grateful grapefruit! Hooray for the sense not being! Yay!

Now, we have the Cymothoa exigua’s Best Host Award! And the winner is:
Wes!
With multiple amazing games and showdowns, who else would take this award other than Wes? He’s done more than a needy parasitic mess like us could ever possibly ask for. Congrats!

For the next award, we have Emperor Meiji’s Award for Supa Kawaii! And the winner is:
MattAY!
Who else could win this other than the most lovable weeaboo? The Emperor himself writes in response: ここで何が起こっている?私は今、どこにいるかわからない?これは私の帝国のためにレガシーになるものであるなら、私は近代化は良いアイデアであればわからない。しかし、私はショーをお楽しみくださいらき☆すた

Next up is the Zodiac Award for Most Likely to be a Serial Killer, which goes to:
madster111!
Yes, who else would get this but the video game loving youth who loves violence and talks about guns and such a lot? But that’s profiling, and everyone knows that’s wrong. I got your back madster, remember that I got your back. Just remember that, please.

Now we’ve got the award for Most Improved, sponsored by Helen Keller. This goes to:
UghRochester!
Previously being a creepy, scary individual, Ugh has managed through the work of some miracle worker to simply become a creepy individual! What an amazing improvement!

Moving right along, we have the William the Conqueror Award for Best Title! And the winner is:
UrbanMasque!
Urban has somehow managed to earn a title which would be feared by all for ages to come. When his cloned body reappears in the 27th century, now people will know what not to do with him. Congrats!

Next up is the Horse Whisperer’s Worst Title Award! This goes to:
De-Ting!
Such a shame that you’ve got a title that no one seems to like. Maybe you should consider a career change. You could even put them on business cards! Hooray!

After this, we have the John Hancock Award for Best Signature! This goes to:
Longo_2_guns!
With the might of Victor von Doom, this signature is an accurate representation of how everyone must look at him. As a scary, imposing figure that could easily wipe them out. Good for him!

Next is the Andrew Johnson Award for Worst Signature! And the winner is:
De-Ting!
This is a momentous award, because it marks the single greatest blowout in awards history. Receiving quite literally all but two votes, it is clear that unfunny, terrible memes are in fact both unfunny and terrible. Way to go!

Moving on is the Vishnu the Destroyer Award for the Best Avatar! This goes to:
MattAY!
With his lovable British flair, MattAY has once again captivated the hearts of everyone and postponed the destruction of the world! Chip chip cheerio!

Now it’s time for the award of Worst Avatar, presented by M. Night Shyamalan. And he gives us:
Sourdeez!
I bet you expected something else, but NOPE! TWIST ENDING! Seriously, though, I think this was about the really poorly MSPainted one from earlier, which he changed! TWIST! Way to be ahead of the curve.

Next up is the Coach McGurk’s Good Hustle Award. This goes to:
UghRochester!
Despite starting out with every negative award, Ugh never quit, even when he probably should’ve! That kind of tenacity deserves an award of some sort, right! You get a participation ribbon, the best kind!

And now we’re up to the good stuff, the Chairman Mao award for Worst Poster! And the winner is:
Optimus-Crime!
With his complaints about how every single thing that is done is not to his satisfaction, who else could it be other than Chris? A little harsh, perhaps, but so is he! Hooray!

Finally, we have the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the Bretimus_v2 Award for Best Poster of the Year! And the winner is:

Bretimus_v2!

After winning it for five years in a row, why not simply name the award after him? I see no reason not to, do you? Good, then we’re agreed! Congratulations!

And that’s the awards. Congratulations to everyone! Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to deliver a bunch of angry historical figures back to their time periods, and stop to watch Lady Godiva. I heard she rode around naked!
Hooray for time travel!
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go home, Longo. You're drunk.

You gave me this title, too. And you've refused to change it. I wanted it to be Frank after Rakon posted his dream.

Who's the real monster here? Not I...not I.

o--(^-^)--o
used44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

credit to Rakon.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He actually made it!
Just joshing, I'm not upset. Never truly was.
Tastes like burning

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-Ting wrote:
I wanted it to be Frank after Rakon posted his dream.

used44 wrote:
credit to Rakon

I think I'm the real winner here

screen de-stretched by me
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: GR Awards: Twenty Twelve! Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
After that we have the Tim “the Tool Man” Taylor award for Most Helpful Poster! And it goes to none other than:
used44!
Long ago, used realized that the secret to bettering everything in life was simply none other than applying MORE POWER!, a skill which definitely shows as he uses MORE POWER! to post at a helpfulness level higher than normal. Good on you!

Next up is the Coach McGurk’s Good Hustle Award. This goes to:
UghRochester!
Despite starting out with every negative award, Ugh never quit, even when he probably should’ve! That kind of tenacity deserves an award of some sort, right! You get a participation ribbon, the best kind!

The two best awards. Coach McGurk would be proud Longo.

Congrats everyone! Even if you won, it's kind of like you lost, so if you lost, don't feel too down.
Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2013 = Year of the GOOCH.
Sightless

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh whatever, Dan, I'll feel down if I want to! Aaaall the way down.

And thanks, Longo, for not writing me in to win those awards. I want my money back.
I sprinkle sand into the waters of night. The grains burn as they fall, reminding me of another in times long passed away. I watched him even then as he fell, his face undefeated, his eyes still proud.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job guys

...good job
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it half life 3 or duke nukem forever?

Id say it was more half life two episode one. good game but they really didn't need to take your crowbar away and make you restart gaining the same weapons.

Congratulations Ugh, You at least have my respect.

The GR community is like the world.
We could do some amazing good things together, You know if we could stop being dicks to each other for 5 minutes. Laughing

Last edited by Sourdeez on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was somehow Commander Keen. Respectable.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo, thanks for putting in the work on the write ups. And GR , thanks.

MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha nice work Longman, a good read!

Congrats to all who won - and to Bret, what is this four years in a row now?!
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's either 3 or 4, but I'm leaning towards 3. Nonetheless, I want my title changed to "The Japazilian Dynasty". And I don't know what's more exciting...being told I have more Fu than Shaq or having an award named after me.

Mod-Chip
Senior Idler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I can't believe I waited this long for this piece of shit on a stick eye-strain.
spartan317

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Bret... also... the topic was a bit more interesting
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
I think it's either 3 or 4, but I'm leaning towards 3. Nonetheless, I want my title changed to "The Japazilian Dynasty". And I don't know what's more exciting...being told I have more Fu than Shaq or having an award named after me.

To be fair, a lot of things have more Fu than Shaq.
Professional Pocketpool Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 years and I don't get a bullshit token award, I'm burning down GR
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should dress up as Psy next year.
In Limbo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If tigerlilly doesn't come in and accept her award I'm stealling it and using it to show off to the hookers at Used's party.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: