More Reviews
REVIEWS Screencheat Review
The first FPS in history where looking at your friends’ screens isn’t cheating; it’s a requirement.

Natural Doctrine Review
This actually might be "your dad's" Japanese TRPG, and for those with a hankering for it, that can be a very good thing.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved
Release date: Out Now

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Release date: 11/04/14

Far Cry 4
Release date: 11/18/14

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Release date: 11/18/14

LATEST FEATURES 7 Problems With Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX [Hands-on Preview]
For the last time, Aqua, NO I will not go out with you! (Yes, yes I will, actually.)

Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437
I Don't Want to, but I Have To...
By oblivion437
Posted on 10/20/14
Well, Gamergate has spilled over into the mainstream media and the coverage appears to be nearly uniformly dreadful. Take " What is Gamergate, and What Does It Say About Gender In Video Games? " by David Konnow as an example.  It appears that the writer has done little to no...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tapped Out Questions...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thinkubus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Tapped Out Questions... Reply with quote

First of all, I just want to say -- I hate that Other Springfield. Smug asses.

Secondly, I want to ask: is it worth my time playing this game? Will I ever get enough donuts to make me happy? How long will it take, really? I'm getting quite an addiction... I've actually started setting the timer on my iPad (well... technically it's my fiancee's iPad, but he hasn't touched it recently because I've been too busy with it) to tell me when my tomacco's ready or Homer's done shopping at the Kwik-E-Mart. I hear that "bloop-bloop-bloop" and I nearly fall over myself trying to set my Simpsons on to new tasks. Before the addiction tightens its grip any more, tell me -- should I quit now?

Also, um, I need a friend on this game very badly. Nobody I know uses Origin, and I really want to finish that stupid "add a friend" quest... it's making me look like a pariah. Anybody willing to let me add them?
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May you be more specific. Give us links, maybe? I have no idea what you're talking about. We get spam in the forums a lot and I almost thought you were spam until I noticed the avatar was made. Also, you mentioned Origins, so I think it's PC related.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, sorry. It's "The Simpsons: Tapped Out"; it's an app on the iPhone/iPad.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/game/the-simpsons-tapped-out
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard it's fun. I think Dan was talking about it a couple podcasts back.

MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the addiction in, thinkubus. It's nothing but goodness....Let it all in...

I dont have this game, not a big app-gamer (apart from Worms and Rayman). Someone will hopefully pop up soon to complete your quest.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it for about two weeks. It was really the first FarmVille type game I had ever played. I guess the Simpsons was enough to sell me on it. Really great animations and charming in-jokes for big fans.

But having to connect to Origin every time I opened the app really killed it for me. At certain times it was totally unplayable.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
...having to connect to Origin every time I opened the app really killed it for me. At certain times it was totally unplayable.

This, except I don't have an Origin account.

o--(^-^)--o
Delorean88
Lone Pine Loner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun game in the aspect that it's pointless but for some reason you keep going back to generate more of your imaginary Springfield. It's like karma wanted to get back at me for making fun of people who played farmville. But the fact that it's Simpsons makes it okay... Right? I say so.

I am in the same need friends spot Thinkubus, add me my Origin is my gamertag which is CaptainC2010
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Tapped Out Questions... Reply with quote

thinkubus wrote:
First of all, I just want to say -- I hate that Other Springfield. Smug asses.

Yeah "Other Springfield" for those of you who don't know if a computer generated "Friend" on your friends list that basically shows you what your town could look like if you dropped $100 on the game at the start.
thinkubus wrote:
Secondly, I want to ask: is it worth my time playing this game? Will I ever get enough donuts to make me happy? How long will it take, really? I'm getting quite an addiction... I've actually started setting the timer on my iPad (well... technically it's my fiancee's iPad, but he hasn't touched it recently because I've been too busy with it) to tell me when my tomacco's ready or Homer's done shopping at the Kwik-E-Mart. I hear that "bloop-bloop-bloop" and I nearly fall over myself trying to set my Simpsons on to new tasks. Before the addiction tightens its grip any more, tell me -- should I quit now?

I haven't spent a single cent on the game and I'm quite happy with my Springfield. Holiday events like the recently closed Treehouse of Horror event hand out free donuts all the time and you level up fairly regularly. A word of warning: NEVER used donuts to get past the friend-adding quests. Those quests actually REWARD you with donuts, so it's best to just search online for Simpsons friends or something. Like I said, I haven't spent any money and I'm still playing, so I think you should just enjoy yourself and ask yourself how much Hank Scorpio's volcano lair is REALLY worth.
thinkubus wrote:
Also, um, I need a friend on this game very badly. Nobody I know uses Origin, and I really want to finish that stupid "add a friend" quest... it's making me look like a pariah. Anybody willing to let me add them?

You can add me. My origin ID is tied to my GR e-mail: daniel@gamerevolution.com
You can also just google "Simpsons Tapped Out Friends" and there are several sites with long lists of usernames to add.

And yeah, I've set alarms to start new tasks as well. I like the game a lot. The origin service is a pain in the ass, but it's basically like having a huge aquarium full of great Simpsons animations and jokes. Plus, you don't get in trouble for tapping on the glass.
thinkubus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeee, thanks Daniel! So excited! My gamer tag on Origin is jazzjunea, so don't be surprised if that one pops up instead of thinkubus. Yayyayyayyayyay
thinkubus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ja, I'll go ahead and add you too, Delorean
Excaliber55

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can add me, i desperately need friends too! laurentutt is my username, i'm a daily user.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excaliber55 wrote:
You can add me, i desperately need friends too! laurentutt is my username, i'm a daily user.

Added you.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it for a little while. It was a good time killer while I was on lunch break at work or simply waiting for something.

I stopped playing though because the game wants you to use real money to buy in-game items so, I dunno, I just got tired of it.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to put real money in at all, but I can see why it can hasten the way the game kind of defeats itself.

Recently they updated and instead of increasing the level cap and building in new content, they just sort of threw up their hands and said "every level beyond 25 you get to spin the wheel for donuts." I don't mind, I still have some quests to do, but for people at the very edge of the content in the game, I'm sure it's not very much fun anymore.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's fair enough. I guess I just lost patience with the game. I should update it and check it out again sometime.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is out on Android today, in case anyone else was held back for that reason alone. Sad You all hate me don't you.
spartan317

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay I can play too now
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup - Im obsessed.

I am BarnesBoar! I will be adding all of you - donuts! NEED DONUTS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: