More Reviews
REVIEWS Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Review
Does Beyond Earth lead humanity to a better world or into a nest of aliens?

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Review
I had no idea there was that much silicon in Japan. But it only makes the balance that much more impressive, doesn't it?
More Previews
PREVIEWS Super Smash Bros. (Wii U) Preview
Anyone brawling at home will find plenty to love in the latest console version of Nintendo’s franchise, though amiibo figures lend a layer of ownership not seen before.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved
Release date: Out Now

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Release date: 11/04/14

Far Cry 4
Release date: 11/18/14

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Release date: 11/18/14

LATEST FEATURES Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

PlayStation Download October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Sony's PSN platform had new games each week along with free offerings for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Take a look at the weekly additions for October.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437
I Don't Want to, but I Have To...
By oblivion437
Posted on 10/20/14
Well, Gamergate has spilled over into the mainstream media and the coverage appears to be nearly uniformly dreadful. Take " What is Gamergate, and What Does It Say About Gender In Video Games? " by David Konnow as an example.  It appears that the writer has done little to no...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dead Island

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Dead Island Reply with quote

So I'n sure there's a Dead Island topic but after a search and three pages all I came across was Chris asking if we trust us with our credit card and a lack of games about Jews.

I downloaded the GoTY edition for 7 bucks during the Steam Holiday sale and it's fun and mildly addictive but...Is it just me or does it get boring fast if you play for any extended period of time? I got tired of searching every briefcase I could find for loot and running back and forth. It just felt...Stale after a while. Does it get better? (I've really just done the first couple of quests on the beach.)
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is pretty much more of the same until you face off against human opponents.

That said, I did enjoy it. But you got to play with friends to get maximum love out of it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an anti social prick but I love taking my time alone clicking loot in games like this and Borderlands, Diablo. It's a pretty fun time I loved it a million years ago when it came out.
BlueBerryShadow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Dead Island Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
So I'n sure there's a Dead Island topic but after a search and three pages all I came across was Chris asking if we trust us with our credit card and a lack of games about Jews.

I downloaded the GoTY edition for 7 bucks during the Steam Holiday sale and it's fun and mildly addictive but...Is it just me or does it get boring fast if you play for any extended period of time? I got tired of searching every briefcase I could find for loot and running back and forth. It just felt...Stale after a while. Does it get better? (I've really just done the first couple of quests on the beach.)

I really liked Dead Island. I played it when it first released, and it was slow, and complicated at the start, but it get WAY better. I personally thought it was stupid toward the end, it turns into a first person shooter... Anyways, I do want to add, I recently purchased the game on the Steam sale as well, and the second play through was garbage compared to the first, and I was extremely board after a few hours of playing.... Take it for what its worth, its a good game.
Wes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailer for that game is still the saddest trailer I've ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ialZcLaI17Y

Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: