Tell GR: What Podcasts Do You Listen To?

The GameRevolution Radio podcast is here, with us reviving the popular GR show for a brand new audience on Twitch and YouTube. While you should all check out the debut episode, which features our rundown of the best and worst moments of 2018, we’ve also recounted our favorite podcasts that aren’t produced by the GR editorial team.

Check out our choices below, and leave your own favorite podcasts in the comments section below. As always, we’ll feature our favorite comment in tomorrow’s Tell GR.

Paul Tamburro, executive editor: “Podcasts aren’t something I can get heavily invested in these days, but when I did listen to podcasts I loved the Giant Bombcast and OSW Review. I still check out the latter quite a bit, but right now when I’m working I just put on a lo-fi playlist and be done with it.”

Jason Faulkner, senior editor: “I’m not big on podcasts for real. I’m more of a visual person (and I’m a bit hard of hearing), so I don’t regularly listen to any podcasts. I should probably check some out, so if anyone in the comments has any suggestions I’m down to give them a shot.”

Mack Ashworth, lead editor: “I’m pretty terrible when it comes to committing to podcasts. With that said, I always tune into LinusTechTips’ WAN Show and Mr Sunday Movies’ The Weekly Planet. I’ll also listen to Joe Rogan and h3h3 if the guests are interesting enough.”

Michael Leri, features editor: “Oh boy, are we talking about podcasts? I love those things. I listen to the Giant Bombcast/Beastcast, the Game Informer Show, and IGN Unfiltered for video games, Comedy Bang Bang for the jokes, Fresh Air for the wonderful Terry Gross, the /Filmcast for movies, and Pod Save America because I like their takes on the news. And of course, I can’t forget about GR Radio, which is great. I’m on that (sometimes)!”

Bradley Russell, news editor: “I used to love listening to podcasts but rarely have time anymore. When I do get a few hours (I’m not the type to have a podcast on in the background while I’m gaming, I have to listen intently) it’s either Talking Simpsons (very on-brand) or 83 Weeks, a podcast involving WCW’s Eric Bischoff picking over the bones of his successes and failures in the 1990s. If you’re interested in either The Simpsons or wrestling even slightly, then you should check them out. If you’re into both then make sure you give OSW Review a whirl.”

Yesterday’s Best Comment

Question: What Was the Worst Game You Played in 2018?

NecroWolf: “The GR comments section.”

Upcoming Releases

Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes is designed to bring players a modern take on a classic JRPG experience. Get ready to lead 100+ playable characters through a war-torn world only you can save.
Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

X