More Reviews
REVIEWS Five Nights at Freddy's Review
So damn scary, I had to break every ten minutes just writing this review.

InFamous: First Light Review
Sony’s open-world action game gets new life with a blast from Sucker Punch who’ve got a story dedicated to neon-powered Fetch and her brother.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Fenix Rage Preview
I died. And I died again. Died again. Again and again. Again. Again. Why Do I Love This So Much?!
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Madden NFL 15
Release date: Out Now

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Release date: 09/23/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

LATEST FEATURES inFamous: First Light Battle Arena Hints, Strategies, Tips [LIVE]
Watch as I build out our feature of useful tactics for players in Sucker Punch's wave-based and arcade-awesome arena mode.

The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP KevinS
RIP Robin Williams (1951-2014)
By KevinS
Posted on 08/14/14
Robin Williams (1951-2014) Robin Williams was an absolutely exceptional comedian, talented actor, and holder of a special place in video game history: He was the first really famous gamer I know of. I’m sure there were others, but they kept a comparatively low profile, unlike one...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Have you seen this Trailer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainPicard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Have you seen this Trailer? Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aDhfTGkLTg

Let me start off by saying that I dont even like God of War, and i didnt much like Devil May Cry. But this commercial makes me wanna play the new Ascension or whatever its called.
There was a great article on GR recently about using live actors to market games, but i cant seem to find it...(drinking again). After watching this trailer I now understand that article from the buyers standpoint. im gonna drive drunk all the way to gamestop when this one comes out just cause they sold me on it with a single commercial.
I dunno what im even getting at, but you gotta admit its a badass game commercial Smile
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I'm picking up what you're drunkenly putting down, CP. Live-action commercials play to the gamer's imagination, plus I think if they're done right they can really sell you on the high-level concept of a game, rather than the "you hit people with swords" kind of stuff.

That said I think the God of War series is one of the worst AAA franchises in gaming and I've never played a single entry all the way through.
GAME-QUEST-EX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this "God of War: Ascension" Commercial before, but not during the 2013 Super Bowl. A shorter 30 Second version is still running on cable TV, at least at the time of this writing.

Yeah, I agree with the style of this ad being effective. It does not show off any in-game gameplay, but the live-actors & the scenery are made to look like a Movie or TV Show. This is mainly done to get the attention of casual gamers or non-gamers.

Even my mother who is not a gamer, asked me what the commercial was about, when she saw it on TV, because she must have thought it was for a film or something.
used44

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the "making of" video before seeing the full trailer, and I just didn't really like it at all.

But now when I see the shorter version playing on TV I really like it. So I guess it grew on me or something. Seeing the little girl's face turn to ash freaks me out though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: