More Reviews
REVIEWS Far Cry 4 Review
The open world of Far Cry 4 is wondrous, but is the beauty of Kyrat only skin-deep?

World of Warcraft: Warlords of D Review
Does Blizzard's latest expansion breathe new life into the 10 year-old franchise, or is this MMO finally starting to show its age?
More Previews
PREVIEWS Silence: The Whispered World II Preview
With its absolutely gorgeous sequel, Daedalic aims to create a mid-range difficulty adventure title that will expand the genre to a larger audiences.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Release date: 11/25/14

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix
Release date: 12/02/14

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Release date: 12/16/14

Kalimba
Release date: 12/17/14

LATEST FEATURES With Two Paths to Walk This Fall, I Recommend Assassins Play AC Unity Over AC Rogue
For fans of this series, it'll be a decision based on hardware. For enthusiasts, returning to the brand's roots will prove enticing.

Nintendo Download November 2014 - Updating Each Week
If you've got credit on Nintendo's digital eShop service or expect to receive a gift card this holiday season, start making your list with our weekly updates.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Master_Craig
Welcome Home - PAX AUS 2014
By Master_Craig
Posted on 11/18/14
Last night I returned home from PAX AUS 2014. Long story short, it wasn't perfect, but it was quite possibly the best weekend I've had this year. It was a lot of fun. If you'd like to continue reading, the long story is just below. Buckle up. This is gonna be...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I got laid off, let's get drunk.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strideout

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: I got laid off, let's get drunk. Reply with quote

Fuck. So yeah, anyone hiring? I want out of this town and god-forsaken state, so I'm looking anywhere I can for jobs that don't involve working a cash register and slinging burgers. Management experience, blah blah blah, I've got it all.

But really, I made this thread for anyone and everyone to vent, bitch, (pretend) get drunk with me, and also because fuck it! I'm not doing anything better apparently! Who else hates corporate motherfucking America, yeah!?

/job
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strideout

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's horribly ironic, because this post (and thread) were created on an iPhone.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear buddy. Take the time to enjoy the week and drink on the weekend. Come Monday go on the job hunt, but maybe take this long weekend to go on that RPG run you were going to do?

Plus, you still have a gf right? So I soon want to see a topic that says, "I got laid, let's get drunk" - we know thats what the old Shane would do!

It could be worse - chin up, mate! It's not as if you're starting from square 1.
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: I got laid off, let's get drunk. Reply with quote

Ouch.. Altoona, PA

Yea... you're pretty much screwed and as long as rural PA continues to endorse the raping of worker rights by opposing unions - you're going to be existing on the whims of your corporate overlords for a long time to come.

What did you do? What was your Job title? Why did they let you go? What are the job prospects?

Queue Eyebrows..

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Strideout

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was an account executive in the customer service call center for a Detroit-based business (legally, I can't go into specifics about this shit, privacy and blah blah blah), who filed for Chapter 7 today. As I was employed by them and not the call center I worked from...yeah.

Worked my way up the chain from just a phone rep getting clean off heroin (it was a small ladder to work up, but with no degree it's really my only shot at decent job), to a billing and ACD analyst, to an employee for the client company. Did it in a pretty short span of time, too...haven't even been back in PA three years yet. I was offered a job back in the call center on another project, for an alternate company...but just as a phone agent and for less money than I make now, which I am mortified by the thought of.

No idea what I'm going to do now. Might move somewhere legal and work on obtaining a growers license and a business loan, go from there. Might get a shit job at this pizza place down the road for a minute, they pay under the table so that would be nice. Really I'm just trying to soak all this in. I really regret not going in to work yesterday, would've been nice for one more day or some shit. I don't know, man. I'm fucking baffled right now.
Chris_Crime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the cool kids are shooting it, so does it really count as heroin if you're snorting it?
Heroin peeps love to talk about heroin. Regale us with stories of your heroin journey.
But first, the under the table pay job sounds good for now. They won't get uppity when you bounce on them for another. They can't, you're not on the payroll anyway. But that probably means you'll be paying for your own gas if you're on delivery. You'll probably get more hours than the guys on payroll, though. That's good.
Dunno if you have a criminal record or not, but get it cleaned if you need to before job hunting. Everyone hiring is looking to see if you have a felony or not.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: I got laid off, let's get drunk. Reply with quote

UrbanMasque wrote:
Cue Eyebrows..
Fixed.

o--(^-^)--o
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNSF is always hiring
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: I got laid off, let's get drunk. Reply with quote

De-Ting wrote:
UrbanMasque wrote:
Cue Eyebrows..
Fixed.

Chris_Crime wrote:
Regale us with stories of your heroin journey.

This.

De-Ting wrote:

WickedLiquid wrote:
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris_Crime wrote:
All the cool kids are shooting it, so does it really count as heroin if you're snorting it?
Heroin peeps love to talk about heroin. Regale us with stories of your heroin journey.

haha, ty. i didnt wanna do it.

i wanna take all this seriously, but it's shane, c'mon. isn't easy. can't be coke, LSD or E or anything with Shane. Gotta be the queen mother of drugs. Go big or go home.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: I got laid off, let's get drunk. Reply with quote

UrbanMasque wrote:
De-Ting wrote:
UrbanMasque wrote:
Cue Eyebrows..
Fixed.

rofl

o--(^-^)--o
Icepick
Professional Pocketpool Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clearly we should go smoke some lady brown together, as I also have the week off
Strideout

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to tell. Dope really wasn't the focus of my last post, but fuck it. I was a dumb kid living in Salt Lake, got hooked on dope. Just another stat. And no, I don't have a criminal record outside of a couple misdemeanor pot-related occurrences, one of which can't even really be held against me.

I haven't been without a job in forever. This fucking sucks.
Chris_Crime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like you to hold back from us. So? Did you shoot it? Snort it? Is there a heroin drain down the throat? Tastes numbing, or spicy caliiente? I'm hoping caliente, because it looks like a broken bullion cube.

And Salt Lake City? Wow, I hate that town! Isn't that the one city in the galaxy where there's no drinking, no fornicating, anti sodomy, anti gomorrahmy. Ironic that you'd pick up a drug habit there. I bet a lot of people were going hard, though. All that repression, the only outlet is to go hard.

dude, don't smoke. everyone piss tests, except for that under the table job.
Strideout

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I was a smoker. I don't like talking about that chapter of time, really. Made some mistakes, learned some lessons.

Psh, Salt Lake is anything but a wholesome Mormon town these days. Don't get me wrong, its still Zion to the Mormons, but there's a somewhat hellish underworld that gets more prominent as time goes on. Provo, Orem, Sandy, Magna, etc are all still pretty strict in their ways and full of bubble Mormon asshats, but Salt Lake isn't so bad. Lots of kids in the Utah Valley get LDS pushed down their throats all their lives and rebel when they become of age, and a lot of those valley kids end up in Salt Lake. The rave scene out there is pretty tight, we used to get insane molly and pressed E. Ahhhh the good old days. I don't miss Utah though.
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a black dude in the Salt Lake City party scene is probably so mint.

oh the punani..

De-Ting wrote:

WickedLiquid wrote:
Strideout

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you'd slay.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you lost your job dude. Get drunk today, work on you resume tomorrow, and keep telling everyone that you're looking for work. You are way more likely to find a lead on a job from a friend than the internet or the Penny Saver.
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/wwe-2k15-ps4-xone
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strideout wrote:
bubble Mormon asshats
Hi there.

o--(^-^)--o
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: