Tell GR: What game deserves a remake?

The Resident Evil 2 remake is coming out later this month, with its demo reaching a whopping 1 million downloads. As much as we’re excited for this current-gen look at the PlayStation classic, there are also a bunch of other games that we feel deserve a similar treatment.

As such, we asked the GameRevolution editorial team which games they would like to see remade. As always, leave your own responses in the comments section below, and our favorite will be spotlighted in tomorrow’s Tell GR!

Paul Tamburro, executive editor: “Silent Hill 2. I missed the boat on this game the first time around, and my only experience of it was the terrible HD remaster on the Xbox 360. I’d love to give it another shot with a current-gen makeover, so I’d be the target audience for a remaster.”

Jason Faulkner, senior editor: “The obvious and best next remake is gonna have to be Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. I love Resident Evil 2, and it’s my favorite of the series, but Resident Evil 3 is just as good of a game. RE3 did a much better job of hitting home just how absolutely horrific the Raccoon City incident was, and I’d love to see Jill’s (second) big adventure get the loving care that RE2 remake has.”

Mack Ashworth, lead editor: “Give me the Crysis trilogy running on current-gen hardware. All this talk of 4K and HDR, but can it run Crysis?! The answer should be “YES!,” so give it to me. Whoever owns the IP at this point should bundle ’em together and deliver us a package that takes full advantage of the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. I especially want to replay the C2 and C3 multiplayer with consistent frame-rates!”

Michael Leri, features editor: “The original Dead Space could use a good sprucing up. Faster aiming, more fluid movement, and a general visual overhaul would give that first game the push it needs to be the definitive Dead Space title. Dead Space 2 was fantastic and an amazing upgrade but there’s something about the first one that gives it a special place in my heart. The first game’s gameplay is a bit wonky and these touches powered by new hardware would be an awesome way re-experience the abandoned classic.”

Bradley Russell, news editor: “I’d plump for Ape Escape. The PS1’s games look ugly as sin in 2019 and that’s one game with enough varied environments that could come out looking fresh with a little bit of a spruce-up. Crash and Spryo has proved there’s already a market for this type of thing, and Ape Escape has a cult following despite radio silence for over a decade now. It could work as a gateway for new players to experience the original for the first time as well as act a launch pad for a soft reboot for the series. I’d go ape for it, that’s for sure.”

Upcoming Releases

Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes is designed to bring players a modern take on a classic JRPG experience. Get ready to lead 100+ playable characters through a war-torn world only you can save.
Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

X