More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

LATEST FEATURES Water, Water Everywhere: 15 of the Best Water Worlds in Gaming
Lots of water worlds suck, but not these ones, and they're completely Kevin Costner-free.

An Updating List of PlayStation 4 Updates We Want
Sony and Microsoft have been updating their consoles regularly, but we wanted to share our own ideas for updating the PS4 firmware.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oneshotstop
Call of Duty will never be the same
By oneshotstop
Posted on 07/28/14
       We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Comic Movie News: Comic Con news / wall of text edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 87, 88, 89  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass) will be bringing another comic to the big screen. The Secret Service will start development soon and arrive sometime in 2014. All that's really known about the film is that Mark Hamill will play himself.

Longo's biopic will released this summer on August 2nd. 2 Guns is based on the graphic novel of the same name. Here's the trailer which looks pretty cool to me. Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington star.

Ninja Turtles has found it's turtles.

All four will undergo "Avatar-like" motion capture to bring their respective turtles to life. They, Megan Fox and now also Will Arnett will 'splode onto the big screen June 6, 2014 courtesy of Michael Bay.

The Deadpool script is still trying to be pushed through to Fox's Marvel head, Mark Millar. If given the green light for the sure-to-be hard R film, director Tim Miller is ready to begin immediately.

Guillermo Del Toro recently discussed Dark Universe and where he wants to begin his journey with the team consisting of John Constantine, Swamp Thing, the Demon, Deadman, the Spectre and Zatanna. He started off by saying that he wanted to get Constantine in as the lead, then mapped out a few more details: "On Justice League Dark, or Dark Universe, what we’re doing is we finished the bible. Then we’re going to start the screenplay with a writer we hope we can announce very soon. What I’m doing is the lead character that guides us through that is Constantine. Blonde. He is basically trying to recruit these guys. On Etrigan, I’m using Jason Blood in the time of Merlin. We get to their origin through the story. We don’t make the origin story at the top. We find it out as they each have mysteries to solve. Swamp Thing is at peace with who he is, but Deadman still needs to figure out who shot him. It’s all woven in. When I was a kid, my two favorite characters in the whole DC Universe were Etrigan and Swamp Thing, so I’m in heaven."

RUMOR - While still not confirmed, it's being said that Lex Luthor will appear in Man of Steel. It's to be a cold, ambitious, ego-driven Luthor, rather than the goofy Hackman version.

Actor Morris Chestnut tweeted this yesterday:
'"It's time to get familiar with the Black Panther character !"
— Morris Chestnut (@Morris_Chestnut) April 8, 2013'
Now Marvel's made no mention of any Black Panther film (yet). Maybe it's a voice for an animated part, unless one of the upcoming films makes a stop in Wakanda that we're not privy to yet. Or maybe Chestnut's just getting into comics now.

RUMOR- Fede Alvarez, writer and director of Evil Dead, may be in talks with Marvel to helm an upcoming film, most likely Doctor Strange. I'll keep you updated.

In more casting for Guardians of the Galaxy, Zoe Saldana (Star Trek, Avatar) will be Gamora. In the comics, she was raised by Thanos and given powers by him before turning on him and joining the team.

The last two members of the team to be cast are Groot and Rocket Raccoon, although both of them will likely be motion-capped or CGI.
Here's a look at some concept art for how Rocket Raccoon may look in Guardians of the Galaxy.

I've been sitting on this one as I initially discounted it as an April Fools article, but in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, UFC fighter Georges St-Pierre will play Batroc the Leaper. I never knew he was part of Cap's rouges gallery, and the only experience I've had with the character is in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon where he jumps around as he says "Leap!" in a French accent. Hence my hesitation.
Further follow up on Robert Redford's casting for Cap 2, he will play a character called Alexander Pierce, the head of SHIELD. His character has been described as like old-school Nick Fury.
I've already reported that Anthony Mackie will play The Falcon. Here's a piece of concept art for the look they have envisioned for him

And here's the first shot released of production on the movie.

Here's a couple of stills from the lo-res Ant-Man video I posted for a better look.

I'll leave you with a potential Marvel Phase 2 spoiler. Highlight to read: Ant-Man director Edgar Wright tweeted this today: '"Aside from 'The World's End', I directed one shot in another summer movie. But which?" #IProbablyWillNotTell'.
The organization AIM will feature in Iron Man 3 and so far, Ant-Man as well. Did Wright direct Iron Man 3's after credit scene, or could it be unrelated? Guess we'll find out May 3rd.

danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot fucking wait for Iron Man 3. Awesome update Paradox.

So these Ninja Turtles actors will have faces similar to the actors? I guess... but goddamit Laird and Eastman must be really strapped for cash.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox wrote:
Here's a couple of stills from the lo-res Ant-Man video I posted for a better look.

Yes. Very yes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shameless is an awesome show. Noel Fisher is in Shameless. Through transitive property, Ninja Turtles will be awesome.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoe Saldana.... mmmmmmmmm

And with the exception of Mikey, those actors look surprisingly similar to the Turtles' personalities. The rugged tough guy Raph, the goody two shoes Leo and the nerdy scientist Donny.

But still, it's Michael Bay, remember how excited we were for Transformers? Then remember how he pissed on the memory of Scatman Crothers by turning Jazz into a 12 year old Chingy fan? WELL I DO!

/rant
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailer for R.I.P.D has been released. While watching, I got the sense that the film is two parts Men in Black with one part Hellboy. We'll find out July 19th.

Danny Woodburn (Seinfeld, Watchmen) will be Splinter in Ninja Turtles.
Alan Ritchson (Raphael) is aware the film has already earned a reputation, asking that people not make assumptions and that what has been reported on the Internet is wrong (although he said he can't give specifics). You know what, I'm going to give this movie benefit of the doubt and not make any judgements until I see a trailer or finished product.

Warner Bros. president Jeff Robinov on the future of DC films: “We’ll announce something in the next several weeks that will hopefully position the DC characters and the movies we’re going to be making.”
And on the universe Man of Steel will take place in: “I think you’ll see that, going forward, anything can live in this world, [Nolan’s] Batman was deliberately and smartly positioned as a stand-alone. The world they lived in was very isolated without any knowledge of any other superheroes. What Zack (Snyder) and Chris (Nolan) have done with this film is allow you to really introduce other characters into the same world.”

Here's a pretty good look at Michael Shannon as Zod.

Also I have the final trailer for Man of Steel. That is a damn fine trailer that completely sold me on the film.

Here's our first look of Jamie Foxx as Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

My first thought was 'Ice to meet you!'. I'm betting those LEDs lighting up his face will be removed in production, making him look luminescent. Add in a few electrical effects and you'll have one Ultimate Electro by way of Dr. Manhattan.

I got a shot here of Cap's suit in Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Looks like it's modeled on the Super Soldier outfit. I'm betting it's not the only suit for the film, but maybe one for stuff like covert missions and such.

Aside from Groot and Rocket Raccoon, I thought casting for the Guardians in Guardians of the Galaxy was done, but now it looks like the film's badass meter just went up a notch.

Michael Rooker has been cast as the mystic Yondu, a founding member of the team. I think that's quite rad.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Man of Steel trailer is on the same level as the latest Iron Man 3 trailer, but Iron Man 3 is a lot closer. Excellent update Paradox!
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoe looks like Dwight...that's all I'm seeing.

Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to wait until Iron Man 3 to see it? Well here's the trailer for Thor: The Dark World.
Enjoy.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the trailer for Red 2.

I think we were all worried about Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles and how the title left out two key identifiers, as they were supposed to be aliens now. Well, recently at CinemaCon, a banner for the film was unveiled that read 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'. And then Michael Bay himself had this to say, "There was that quote saying that we’re making [the Ninja Turtles as] aliens. We’re not. It’s the ooze! It’s from the original source material. These are from the original writers, and I never went out to correct myself in the press. I do listen to the fans and I do want this to be authentic. I think they’re going to be really happy with this movie. When I see the digital stuff, the turtles look great." Well there you have it. Bay HAS made some good films, so I'll give this a chance.

X-Men: Days of Future Past has added two more mutants to the roster, Warpath (who I don't really know anything about), and someone who makes sense in relation to the film's time travel premise: Bishop.

Here's a clear look at the new suit in Amazing Spider-Man 2.

What four characters have had their film rights revert back to Marvel Studios?

Blade, Punisher, Daredevil and Ghost Rider are all back in Marvel's stable. I wouldn't look for any solo movies anytime soon, but they're all available for use should Marvel decide to do so.

In a recent update, I posted a pic of concept art for The Falcon in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Well, it seems it was pretty spot on. Here's a couple of pics of Anthony Mackie as Falcon. The green screen and wires are undoubtedly for post-production insertion of the wings.

The art for Falcon was spot on, so this concept art for Winter Soldier will likely represent final product as well.

Recently Joss Whedon revealed that he has plans for a brother-sister team in The Avengers 2. It has since been confirmed that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are in the current script. I emphasize 'current'; At one point, The Wasp was in the script for the first Avengers film.
Whedon also confirmed that Thanos will appear in the film, but may still remain in the background. I'm betting other villains will have the stage here, and Thanos will be the big bad for the third film.

I'll leave you with this. This guy made his own Mjolnir that generates 80,000 volts. Hammah!
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome update Paradox. I'm still on the angry side of the fence with TMNT, but glad Michael Bay has publicly taken his head out of his ass. A guy in his position should know not to speak out of turn or let anything be misunderstood. At least the brand is getting any attention at all.

Damn it's going to be forever until X-Men comes out. Saw the trailer for Wolverine in front of Iron Man 3 though and that was looking great. Jackman obviously loves playing that character so i'm excited even if it's not on the level of X-men or X2. Even Thor looked good on the giant Imax screen. Will definitely see that this winter.

But I could not be more bored by Captain America. Am I the only one?
used44

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishop! Daredevil! Anthony Mackie! Scarlet Witch!

I don't give a shit about the turtles but the rest is all good news!
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:

Captain America was unwatchable for me. And my standards have dropped considerably in the past few years.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:

The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally felt that Capt America is one of the most easily accessible comic book movies that have been made in a long time. I've heard of a lot of people, not comic fans, who loved it.

Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently, Twentieth Century Fox is considering having The Human Torch in Josh Trank's Fantastic Four being played by Michael B. Jordan.

Watch the comment section of this article being filled with comments like "I'm not racist ... but"
http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/will-chronicle-star-michael-b-jordan-be-human-torch-fantastic-four-88881
Stay smooth, nerd community, stay smooth.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with that is that Johnny Storm is Susan's brother, meaning that either she's black too or their mom was having a relationship with someone else. And at that point, why not make the whole Fantastic Four black? Except for Ben Grimm, since he's already Jewish and black jews are just unrealistic.
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a modern telling, I see no reason why Sue and Johnny have to biological siblings. One or the other could be adopted or they could be step-siblings.

On a related casting note, Allison Williams (Girls) is being considered for a part as well, possibly Sue Storm, but casting for both Sue and Johnny is still up in the air.
Regardless of who plays Torch, when you're on fire, we're all the same color.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
The thing with that is that Johnny Storm is Susan's brother, meaning that either she's black too or their mom was having a relationship with someone else. And at that point, why not make the whole Fantastic Four black? Except for Ben Grimm, since he's already Jewish and black jews are just unrealistic.

I know right? I mean having the possibility of one black character in the fantastic four is one thing... but having TWO? why that's insulting!
Next thing you know, gay people will want to get married, Hawaii will be our fiftieths state and women will be able to vote! Evil or Very Mad
sarcasm mode off. Huh... I don't see why sue can't just stay white if torch is black. My brother got Asian skin, i got white skin. He's more of a reed richard, i'm more of the thing. Seem possible to me! But like Paradox said, this is still la possibility, not a decision yet. But i'd love to see the guy behind The wire and that cool class president nominee kid from chronicle become the next human torch. He's a cool guy, regardless of his race!
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

300: Rise of an Empire was set to release August 2nd but will now debut on March 7, 2014. I guess they didn't want to put it up against 2 Guns.

Fresh off directing Iron Man 3, Shane Black has signed a deal to direct an adaption of Doc Savage, a hero of comics, radio, film and television in the 1930's and 40's.

I still have yet to see Dredd. I've heard that thus far a sequel isn't likely, but that this 27minute fan film is the next best thing.
Judge Minty

This appears to confirm the new (and better) title for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:

Here's a shot of the pre-CGI turtles. Check out the colored arm bands to tell who's who.

Actor William Fichtner (Black Hawn Down, Prison Break) has been cast in a role of "Iconic stature". Who is not revealed yet, but seeing as how April, the turtles and Splinter are all set, the only other roles that come to mind are Shedder or maybe Casey Jones. I'll keep you updated.

First looks at Paul Giamatti as Aleksei Sytsevich pre-Rhino in Amazing Spider-Man 2.

I'm guessing maybe that's serum he's holding. Looks like they may be going the cross-species route rather than an armored suit.

Disney announced that their first CG-animation project based on a Marvel comic would be Big Hero 6, an obscure 1998 series created by by Steven T. Seagle and Duncan Rouleau, which centers on a robotics prodigy named Hiro Hamada and his robot companion BayMax, who join a team of superheroes in a high-tech city called San Fransokyo.

Marvel is already set up to film Avengers 2 in the U.K. But now it seems they're looking to do some on-location shooting in Cape Town, South Africa. It's still speculation, but what Marvel character do we know who spends a fair amount of time in South Africa?

ABC has officially picked up the now named Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for the fall schedule. Here's a three minute trailer and it is awesome. No exact air date is set yet, but it will be on Tuesdays this fall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 53 of 89
Jump to: