Tell GR | What is the best Resident Evil game ever?

The Resident Evil 2 remake is nearing its release date and it is fantastic. Receiving our golden Editors’ Choice award in our review, it’s pretty much all the GameRevolution team has been talking about.

With that being said, we decided to break things up by refraining from discussing Resident Evil 2… and discussing the rest of the RE series instead. Take a look below to see the GR editorial team’s favorite Resident Evil game, and be sure to leave your own responses in the comments section below. As always, we’ll feature our favorite comment in tomorrow’s Tell GR.

Paul Tamburro, executive editor: “The Resident Evil remake on the GameCube. I don’t quite have the same level of nostalgia for the series as Jason, but one of my favorite game-related memories is me and a couple of friends playing this bad boy from start to finish in a single sitting, rotating which one of us had to sit at my PC and shout out the answers to its ridiculously obtuse puzzles. I would love to see all of the older games receive the Resident Evil 2 remake treatment, and I’m probably going to play Capcom’s latest with a few friends in tow, too.”

Jason Faulkner, senior editor: “The RE2 remake is the best in the series to me. It captures the feel of the original trilogy while providing a modern gameplay experience. I really hope Capcom brings their sights to bear on Resident Evil 3 and gives it the same treatment.”

Mack Ashworth, lead editor: “Though Resident Evil 2 (remake) has a good chance of beating it (once I’ve completed it), Resident Evil 4 has to get my vote. It earned so many replays from me due to the wacky costume and weapon unlocks. Sure, I’m biased because it was my introduction to the franchise, but after playing a bunch of them, it still stands out as the best.”

Michael Leri, features editor: “While Resident Evil 7 is fantastic and Resident Evil Revelations 2 is underrated, I just have to go with Resident Evil 4. Its pacing is nearly flawless, the precise shooting always keeps you on your toes, and its story is a great balance of dumb, goofy crap and “serious” cheesy nonsense with a ton of memorable setpieces. I’m loving the Resident Evil 2 remake so far and it has a chance to dethrone it, but Resident Evil is a tough candidate to beat due to how damn amazing it is from start to finish.”

Bradley Russell, news editor: “It’s still very early days but the Resident Evil 2 remake has to be the best. Having never played the original I’m probably not the best judge of what the _best_ Rei game is, but this is a horror experience that has sunk its teeth into me like no other already. I’m scrawling things down with pen and paper, mentally planning the quickest routes and keeping track of which zombies have been taken out, and which places are FUBAR and will make me do a little wee. I love it. But I also don’t want to play it in case I cry. Is that normal?”

Yesterday’s Best Comment

Question: Is game streaming the future of video games?

Bufford: “If streaming is the future of gaming, I will have some new hobbies in the future. Do not have reliable high speed internet in my neck of the woods.”

Upcoming Releases

Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes is designed to bring players a modern take on a classic JRPG experience. Get ready to lead 100+ playable characters through a war-torn world only you can save.
Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

X