More Reviews
REVIEWS Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapph Review
In some way, Pokémon and the relationships they form with their trainers wind up teaching the player something completely different than what you might suspect.

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Review
Batman and friends team up for another Lego adventure.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Silence: The Whispered World II Preview
With its absolutely gorgeous sequel, Daedalic aims to create a mid-range difficulty adventure title that will expand the genre to a larger audiences.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Release date: Out Now

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix
Release date: 12/02/14

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Release date: 12/16/14

Kalimba
Release date: 12/17/14

LATEST FEATURES Black Friday 2014 Video Game Deals Buyer's Guide
Looking to score the most bang for your buck the day after Thanksgiving? Well look no further! Our Black Friday guide is just the tool you need.

With Two Paths to Walk This Fall, I Recommend Assassins Play AC Unity Over AC Rogue
For fans of this series, it'll be a decision based on hardware. For enthusiasts, returning to the brand's roots will prove enticing.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437
Wish List for Fallout 4
By oblivion437
Posted on 11/24/14
So I promised that list and here it is.  It's late and it's not as thorough as I'd hoped.  I also wish I had images handy to illustrate every point where helpful.  So, in no particular order - a subjective set of desired features for Fallout 4: Things to...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Revisiting unliked games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Revisiting unliked games Reply with quote

Have you ever played a game and gone "Well, I'm not a fan of this," only to pick it up later on and enjoy it?

I'm not talking so much like really bad/mediocre games, moreso games that just didn't click the first time you played them.

For me, that game was No More Heroes. I just didn't get it at first. And then I picked it up almost a year later and ADORED it. It's still one of my favorite games.

How about you?
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was like this with Oblivion at first. Got it just after launch for the 360, and wasn't really keen on it until i went back to it after 4 months. And then i spent more hours playing it than sleeping.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm like this with pretty much all of the X series ( Link ). Probably mainly because when they first came out the games were extremely buggy and there's a huge learning curve. Also the production values are low... real low. Don't expect a game like Freelancer like I did. Once you get past the first few rough hours, however, you'll be treated to a pretty addicting game about micromanaging your intergalactic corporation. Like protecting your supply chain, finding suppliers and buyers, etc.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've convinced me to go back and try X2 or X3. I gave it a go a bit back and never really got into it.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
C_nate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about going back and revisiting Darksiders at some point. I was sorely disappointed by that game and can't remember the last time I was so frustrated with a control scheme. I gave up at the first boss where you had to throw the bombs back at the guy or something like that. It was just so clunky and unintuitive that I gave up out of frustration which is something I usually never do.

I thought the story and the lore behind the game were pretty interesting though so if I ever get time I may go back and give the game another try.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
I was like this with Oblivion at first. Got it just after launch for the 360, and wasn't really keen on it until i went back to it after 4 months. And then i spent more hours playing it than sleeping.

I was just like this as well. When I first played Oblivion, I didn't really like it and had no idea what the hell I was doing. Stopped playing. Tried it again about six months later and I really got into it.

I've got a few other games like this.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within is a good example. I played it a few times and I didn't really like it. Then I tried it again like, two years later after getting it, and I thought it was a damn awesome game.

City of Heroes got me too. The only MMO I really ever got into (may it rest in peace). When I first played it, I only got to level sixteen or so, then I stopped. About a year later I watched a superhero movie (I forget which one) and decided to re-subscribe. Ended up joining a supergroup (guild) and getting a level 50 character (max level). Good times.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Played it a few times and couldn't get into it, then I decided to give it a proper go. Awesome game.

As much as I loved Metroid: Prime and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, I absolutely hated Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. I finally finished a year or two after I actually got it, and I didn't really enjoy it. I only finished it because I wanted to finish it. So it felt like a chore, honestly.
Affen
Freedom Runner

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okami was like that for me. I played it about 10 hours at first, got bored and loaned it to a friend. When I got it back I decided to give it another try and enjoyed it very much.
PineappleUltra

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most recently, it was RE6 for me. I bought it day one (the collectors edition with all the previous RE games) and I am just now starting to get into it more. Although I am only playing it on the side, I still get bored and take a few days break here and there.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PineappleUltra wrote:
Most recently, it was RE6 for me. I bought it day one (the collectors edition with all the previous RE games) and I am just now starting to get into it more. Although I am only playing it on the side, I still get bored and take a few days break here and there.

That game was so polarizing, this kind of thing wouldn't surprise me.

To answer the topic, I honestly can't think of anything I've gone back to and liked. I usually don't go back to games if they can't get me the first time. I guess I just think I have better things to do or other responsibilities to spend time on than a game I don't like.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I wasn't too fond of Resident Evil 6. It had a great start in Leon's campaign (which is the best campaign of the lot I reckon), but the rest just feels so lackluster and so... boring. Chris and Jake's campaign seriously feel like generic third person shooters.

It was a shame, I managed to finish RE6 but I only finished it just so I could, you know? It honestly became a chore for me to play. ESPECIALLY Jake's campaign.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: