More Reviews
REVIEWS Far Cry 4 Review
The open world of Far Cry 4 is wondrous, but is the beauty of Kyrat only skin-deep?

World of Warcraft: Warlords of D Review
Does Blizzard's latest expansion breathe new life into the 10 year-old franchise, or is this MMO finally starting to show its age?
More Previews
PREVIEWS Silence: The Whispered World II Preview
With its absolutely gorgeous sequel, Daedalic aims to create a mid-range difficulty adventure title that will expand the genre to a larger audiences.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES ESCAPE Dead Island
Release date: Out Now

Far Cry 4

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix
Release date: 12/02/14

LATEST FEATURES With Two Paths to Walk This Fall, I Recommend Assassins Play AC Unity Over AC Rogue
For fans of this series, it'll be a decision based on hardware. For enthusiasts, returning to the brand's roots will prove enticing.

Nintendo Download November 2014 - Updating Each Week
If you've got credit on Nintendo's digital eShop service or expect to receive a gift card this holiday season, start making your list with our weekly updates.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Master_Craig
Welcome Home - PAX AUS 2014
By Master_Craig
Posted on 11/18/14
Last night I returned home from PAX AUS 2014. Long story short, it wasn't perfect, but it was quite possibly the best weekend I've had this year. It was a lot of fun. If you'd like to continue reading, the long story is just below. Buckle up. This is gonna be...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone going to BlizzCon 2013?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Anyone going to BlizzCon 2013? Reply with quote

So, Blizzard is bringing back BlizzCon this year and tickets went on sale this past week. I happened to snatch one for myself. I've never been to the event and none of my friends are going. Are you?
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish... Do you think they're going to reveal Titan at this Blizzcon?
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certain of it.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just woke up from a dream where they unveiled Titan and I was there. It was glorious. Thanks for the dream, surely without this thread it wouldn't have happened.

It better be magnificent. And I'm sure it'll be released only 5-6 years after it's announced Very Happy
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh... i live in SF and i could go there easily, but i got no transportation nor tickets to head there...

Jon? ya got room in your trunk?
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
Sigh... i live in SF and i could go there easily, but i got no transportation nor tickets to head there...

Jon? ya got room in your trunk?

My trunk is usually full but I can make an exception. The problem is I don't have any spare tickets. Sad
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy, say i am your luggage... your huh... alliance human shaped luggage...

ok i got nothing. Brings pics man!
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Titan has an RMAH i'm gonna be so pissed, i'll honestly never play another Blizz game again out of disgust.. I hear rumors it will, which is astonishing after how terribly it went with Diablo 3.. most Blizz employees that speak on the subject pretty much openly admit RMAH was a terrible idea and a failure.

Hope it's just a rumor
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, most blizzard employee admits that the NORMAL auction house was a bad idea. As much as i love D3, I gotta agree with that. People would rather grind gold then venture out to get better gear nowadays. You have to force yourself not to use the auction house to have a good time. The RMAH contributed nothing to the D3 experience since only the rich kids actually use that... or the Chinese farmers.

And i never heard of any rumors that titan will have a RMAH. It's gonna be an MMO, it'll have micro-transaction similar to WoW and it'll mimic FPS... least that's all the rumored info I've gathered. I think Blizz would rather introduce it in safe environment like wow before they will experiment on that again.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
Actually, most blizzard employee admits that the NORMAL auction house was a bad idea. As much as i love D3, I gotta agree with that. People would rather grind gold then venture out to get better gear nowadays. You have to force yourself not to use the auction house to have a good time. The RMAH contributed nothing to the D3 experience since only the rich kids actually use that... or the Chinese farmers.

And i never heard of any rumors that titan will have a RMAH. It's gonna be an MMO, it'll have micro-transaction similar to WoW and it'll mimic FPS... least that's all the rumored info I've gathered. I think Blizz would rather introduce it in safe environment like wow before they will experiment on that again.

heres to hoping you're right. and no there have been devs that have commenting saying specifically that they feel the RMAH did nothing positive for the game and they would like to remove it but that cannot obviously be done at this point so they're looking at ways to fix it

edit: but like you said they don't like the normal auction house either, but dislike RMAH equally as much

"Wilson now freely admits it was "the wrong solution" to the problems Blizzard was trying to solve. "It's not good for a game like Diablo. It doesn't feel good to get items for money, it feels good to get items by killing monsters," he said, echoing the complaints of a vocal group of fans."

i know it ruined the game for me. luckily jay wilson is working on Titan.. so HOPEFULLY he learned seeing as those words came from his mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: