More Reviews
REVIEWS Hyrule Warriors Review
Link, Zelda, Impa, and more Hyrule heroes hit the battlefield in this Dynasty Warriors spin-off. Can it stand up to the brand’s history?

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super He Review
Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes adds light RPG mechanics, builds on action, and uses Toy Box Mode to teach players.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Halo: The Master Chief Collectio Preview
Microsoft and 343 Industries want to bring the entire Halo saga to Xbox One and this collection does exactly that with new graphics for Halo 2.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LATEST FEATURES NIntendo Download September 2014 - Updating Each Week
OK, so I didn't update before PAX and I may have missed one before that. Let's try this again!

Xbox Download September 2014 - Updating Each Week
Minecraft launches on Microsoft's next-generation console and buy a console, choose a free game.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
A Letter to the Big “N"
By shandog137
Posted on 09/12/14
I have and will continue to have a place in my heart for Nintendo. In fact, my first console was a Super Nintendo. The video game market has changed drastically since the early '90s and it seems like what once was platinum is more so along the lines of silver now. Nintendo has always been...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Returning to WoW
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first played WoW about eight years ago (holy crap), but I only lasted two weeks. I remember it was the mid year holiday break of my final year of high school. I had a bizzare sleeping pattern. Up by 5 AM, asleep by 7 or 8 PM. I'd probably play WoW every morning (for those two weeks) for like... four to five hours per session, before my brother kicked me off his computer to play. Yeah, I used his account and his computer to play.

At first I thought it was awesome. I played mostly solo and only sometimes partied up with others. The things that captivated me most about WoW was the art direction and presentation, the soundtrack and the huge scale - the sense of exploration. I guess that's why I'm so attracted to games like Skyrim and the new Fallout games.

As for WoW, I got to level 14 with my Nightelf Rogue, but once I left the World Tree and made it to the main land, I dunno, I just got bored and stopped.
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anything wrong with it. WoW still has the best content and the most fluid gameplay of any MMO on the market. For the past month I've been playing EVE Online but truthfully it's an extremely boring game. I'd go back to WoW if I didn't feel I mined every bit of joy out of it I could. I've leveled 9 characters to max level, been in the #1 raiding guild of a server, been Rank 13 in PvP, and met awesome people. Maybe if I had friends to play with I'd go back but for now I look for another game to fill that gap in my life.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan_Leack wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with it. WoW still has the best content and the most fluid gameplay of any MMO on the market. For the past month I've been playing EVE Online but truthfully it's an extremely boring game. I'd go back to WoW if I didn't feel I mined every bit of joy out of it I could. I've leveled 9 characters to max level, been in the #1 raiding guild of a server, been Rank 13 in PvP, and met awesome people. Maybe if I had friends to play with I'd go back but for now I look for another game to fill that gap in my life.

I agree with you, Jonathan. There's nothing wrong with WoW. Personally, I just got bored of it.

Like you said, you can honestly meet some awesome people online in the world of MMOs. If I had joined a guild in WoW or something, I'm sure I would have made cool online friends and WoW would have been a new, totally different experience for me. The only MMO I've ever really played and gotten into is City of Heroes, and that's because I joined a supergroup (guild), met some cool people, made friends online and was just a part of a communtiy I enjoyed playing with. MMOs really, as ironic as this may sound, are a social experience and that's what can make them enjoyable.

If you played with friends too, like friends "iRL" then it would be a completely different experience as well. It's almost like playing any multiplayer game online with mates. I know the two genres and games are totally different, but a great example - I used to play Left 4 Dead with my school friends, we'd chat over Skype and we'd have a great time. The same can happen for WoW.
C_nate

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of a MMO junkie so I've played quite a bit of them over the years but keep finding myself coming back to WoW.

I stopped playing in early cata (right before firelands came out) and just went back when MoP hit and the break allowed me to get back into the game and enjoy it like I haven't in years.

There are some problems with the game now though. There are just too many servers for the population they currently have and even the servers with healthy populations usually suffer from massive faction imbalances.

It's gotten to the point where it starting to effect gameplay. My server for example has a pretty healthy alliance population, but the horde side is basically decaying away. I've been trying for days to find a group for the legendary quest chain and have been unable to do so. The AH is dried up and it is difficult to buy certain mats for things because there just aren't enough players. If you don't get in a raid to kill world bosses on Tuesday, chances are slim you'll be able to find a raid later in the week to get it done

They need to do something about it soon because it isn't fun to play the game like that. and I'm getting to the point of waiting for the next batch of MMOs to hit and hope one of them hooks me for a while.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id still play wow if i could do normal raids but my work schedule doesn't allow it.

and LFR is.. YAWN
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to resubscribe. I don't feel like playing any console games and desire a social experience. WoW is the best at that. I quit 2 weeks after MoP and have a 90 DK on Kil'Jaeden. Let the games begin!
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoooho! Here, with 5.3 coming right around the corner use this guide, Jonathan!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9601895/Catching_Up_to_53-5_2_2013
Now get to the island of thunder! Word of advice, you gonna have to do some "solo scenario" first to unlock them dailies... i know it's a pain, but at least do the first one that unlocks the base there.

...and guys for goodness sake, we got a forum thread on this!
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
nihm

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing since this past November when I built a new PC. Pandaria's got some awesome content, the monk class is fun as hell, and I've reconnected with people I used to play with 6 years ago. The social experience alone is worth it, there are some pretty awesome people playing WoW. Also now there's transmogrification stuff, so you can make your gear look like a different armor/weapon set. Wish that was around in vanilla/BC.

Here's my main, 90 Night Elf Monk on Stonemaul.
Probably going to transfer to a different server/go horde since Stonemaul's kind of a dead server.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im tempted to get back into it but my PvP server is totally dead alliance side, and its impossible to play because its just 24/7 horde gank fest. and i dont want to spend 100+ xferring characters..

all i want to do right now is level every char to 90.. i have 4 at 90, 2 85+.. wouldnt mind slowly leveling every class to 90 for the next xpac in hopes i enjoy it, and i do think its going to be epic.. but meh... i wish there was a package server xfer deal. send all your chars for a certain fee.. I want to xfer to Zul'Jin
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrozenBacon wrote:
Once you quit a game enough times, you are just forcing yourself if you end up playing it again.

Pretty much this. Last time I logged in I was bored within the first 30 minutes. Didn't fel like questing, leveling or raiding...Rode around a city for 30 minutes, read the annoying chat, got bored, logged off and never logged back in. Waste of 15 dollars. Well perhaps not. It did confirm WoW has nothing to pull me in anymore.

Glad I read this thread. I was just thinking about it the other day...You guys reminded me why I stayed gone from the game Smile
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely depends on the social factor more than ever before. I've been watching Twitch streams and have some people who are interested in playing with me. I think that'll be enough.

I'm going to resub after work today.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan_Leack wrote:
It definitely depends on the social factor more than ever before. I've been watching Twitch streams and have some people who are interested in playing with me. I think that'll be enough.

Thats all it is.. WoW is ultimately a boring game, always has been. its the social aspect that makes it addicting.. just a giant interactive chatroom.. everybodys great memories come down to raiding with a great guild, pvping with a great guild/friends, leveling with friends.. no memories come from doing chit solo.

its fun when you know people playing atm and have good friends playing or are in a good fun guild. if not its run in circles for 10 minutes and log off.
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
Jonathan_Leack wrote:

Thats all it is.. WoW is ultimately a boring game, always has been. its the social aspect that makes it addicting.. just a giant interactive chatroom.. everybodys great memories come down to raiding with a great guild, pvping with a great guild/friends, leveling with friends.. no memories come from doing chit solo.

its fun when you know people playing atm and have good friends playing or are in a good fun guild. if not its run in circles for 10 minutes and log off.

I partially agree with you. It really is a social dependent game. However, the game itself is good too. There is fantastic lore, a huge world to explore, and combat they had stood the test of time.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan_Leack wrote:
intoTheRain wrote:
Jonathan_Leack wrote:

I partially agree with you. It really is a social dependent game. However, the game itself is good too. There is fantastic lore, a huge world to explore, and combat they had stood the test of time.

I do agree actually.. but it's fun at first.. When a new Xpac hits the game itself is fun.. then if you want to keep going past 2-3 months you need a strong social circle in the game, or its inevitable it will get boring.

Beyond that point the game is boring, and having fun depends on the social aspect, is what I should have said.

I personally hated MoP lore though, I know lots disagree. I need a big bad, an Illidan, a Lich King, a Kil'Jaeden, a Kael'Thas (once, not 8 times Blizzard, take note), etc. MoP lacked that and just didn't suck me in.

But I think its the calm before the storm, can't wait to see what they have in store for the next xpac, I think its going to be epic.

Last edited by intoTheRain on Thu May 09, 2013 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
C_nate

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The early rumor is that the next expansion deals wit the return of the Burning Legion and will feature an updated, revamped Outlands and the final boss of said expansion is supposedly Seregas or whatever his name is.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C_nate wrote:
The early rumor is that the next expansion deals wit the return of the Burning Legion and will feature an updated, revamped Outlands and the final boss of said expansion is supposedly Seregas or whatever his name is.

If sargerus would be anything, he wold be the final boss. And i mean the FINAL final boss of wow. As in, you kill him, then the game is over, queue the credits. Still think it's too early now to presumed what's gonna happen in the next expansion, least till Blizzcon happens.

But one thing that is confirmed, there will be a model update for the playing character either in the last patch of MoP or in the first patch of the next expansion. That i am looking forward.
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trying to figure out what pve realm to xfer my chars to.. just gonna spend my time getting all chars to 90 then work on maxing all profs slowly as well and wait and hope i like the next xpac more.

getting really bored at work without a steady game to play
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
trying to figure out what pve realm to xfer my chars to.. just gonna spend my time getting all chars to 90 then work on maxing all profs slowly as well and wait and hope i like the next xpac more.

PvE servers are for Night Elf women. Come to Kil'Jaeden where men play.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan_Leack wrote:
intoTheRain wrote:

PvE servers are for Night Elf women. Come to Kil'Jaeden where men play.

ive been on pvp servers since i started, all i want to do is level right now, and getting camped by 10 90's from different servers is not my idea of fun.

there is pretty much zero point to pvp servers anymore. cross realm made it a nightmare.

you either have to dungeon hop, or take literally 4-5x as long leveling while being frustrated as hell.

i just don't get the draw of pvp servers anymore. almost everything can be done cross realm, and "world" pvp doesn't really exist outside of world pvp zones, which are still pvp zones on pve servers. "world" pvp otherwise consists of being ganked by 90's while leveling, or ganking lowbies for the lolz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: