More Reviews
REVIEWS The Wolf Among Us Review
Wherein Sleeping Beauty takes a cab home and calls it a night.

Divinity: Original Sin Review
Put this one in the Kickstarter success column.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Preview
After going hands-on with Inquisition for about an hour, I'm confident it will blast both previous Dragon Age installments out of the water.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red
Release date: Out Now

Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth
Release date: 07/15/14

Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

Hohokum
Release date: 08/12/14

LATEST FEATURES 24 Confusing Hours with Mountain
Where am I? What am I doing here?

The Best Games of 2014 So Far
Which games have earned contention in this year’s Game of the Year considerations? With six months behind us, these are the best games of 2014 thus far.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP LinksOcarina
Where Did Makoto Go?
By LinksOcarina
Posted on 07/07/14
Meet Makoto.   Like any character from an RPG, Makoto has his own quirks to stand out in his game, Enchanted Arms . For Makoto, he is a support character who uses the element of Light for most of his spell casting, along with a saxophone as a conduit. He is also impulsive...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Your dream game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MandaloreHunter

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Your dream game Reply with quote

Ok so I had been kicking around this idea for a while now, every since I played Arkham City when it came out. If I had an ass load of money I would totally commission Rocksteady to create my dream game, which would basically be a Predator game on the AC engine. I mean all the parts are there already, the roof top traversal, stealth, gadgets, vision modes, sprawling city. I envision it as you play as a Pred in NYC, you're on the run from Government agents trying to get back to your planet, all the while stalking gang members and random bad guys. There's more to it, but I'll keep it brief, so I was wondering, what would you guys' dream game be and who would you get to make it?
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have multiple "dream games," and I've spent the past 3 years planning and preparing to pitch them to a game company, number 1 on the list being Insomniac.

If you believe in your idea, you should try to make it a reality.

o--(^-^)--o
MandaloreHunter

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I never considered actually pitching the idea, I think I'm gonna have to shoot Rocksteady an email. So tell me a little about one of these dream games of yours De-Ting
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockstead + TMNT. It has to be done. Why hasn't it been done?
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get what the big deal is with Rocksteady. They have made literally three games which were, gameplay wise, somewhat flawed.

That said, my dream game? Megaman Legends 3
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleshlight teaming with some Hentai animators and 3d virtual reality company.

The game: SEX.

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Psuedo

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream game it's already been done, or I guess I should say in developement. It's called Day Z Very Happy

However I thought about it in the PS2 era. I never thought about the map being soooooo huge back then. My idea was just mainly a big Grand Theft Auto sized city to survive in. Searching for food, barricading yourself into places, and having multiplayer. It's being done like I said Day Z!!! Now I need to buy a computer for it..... Evil or Very Mad
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are those guys even working on right now anyways?

Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA V PC
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MandaloreHunter wrote:
So tell me a little about one of these dream games of yours De-Ting
Here's the gist of my 5 ideas:

Since February 2010, I've been working on a perceptively moderate budget action/adventure project. A single game franchise, a.k.a. the "shining star" of my portfolio. This was my first real step into game design, and it's the project I have the most faith in. Much attention to detail has been employed, and this game is meant to immerse you completely, sparing none of your emotions.

A first-person shooter/role playing game project. An estimated three part franchise. This is in essence another zombie game, but unlike any other zombie game you've ever heard of. It revolves around preventing a zombie apocalypse, and the events that would take place leading up to one. Also, ghosts, and how they're a byproduct of zombies. A very intelligent, futuristic sci fi project.

An adventure/platformer project, similar in scale to the Ratchet & Clank franchise. You play as a special robot in a planet-wide war between robots, produced by evil warmongers. You were designed to stop it.

An open-world role playing game project of a large budget. A franchise with no definite end. Let's just say Skyrim was a disappointment to me, and now I'm taking matters into my own hands. In fact, comparing this idea to The Elder Scrolls is somewhat insulting. That's big talk coming from me at this point, but trust me when I say, this project is unlike anything you've ever imagined.

A first-person shooter project centered on multiplayer. A perceptively low budget game, yet with the potential to rival other franchises in its category. The basic idea of this project is options. Options everywhere. And majestically simplistic graphics.

o--(^-^)--o

Last edited by De-Ting on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is an idea I had a while ago when I wa playing a shitload of SWG but to this day it's still something I'd love.

An MMO or single player story driven game, very open world with a trading system, player driven economy. Space and ground heavy. Think Star Wars JTLS mixed with some EVE (minus EVE's steep learning curve and not as much depth). Not only would there be space exploration and mining but there would be a heavy ground aspect to the game. Just like SWG had the bulk of it on planets and introduced JTLS, this would be similar in it's approach. Expcet you would fly your ship and dock on the planets in real time. No loading screens or anything. Once on the planet, think the worlds of Mass Effect except a go anywhere sandbox approach.

Leveling would be done based on quests but the quests would be very story centric with some side ones that don't have as much impact on the outcome like many of todays titles - Skyrim, ME, etc etc. I don't know, just a rough idea I had of a game.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean needs an MMA MMO.
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
Lethean needs an MMA MMO.

Yeah right. I can't stand MMA fans let alone socialize with them in a game. They suck enough in real life.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dream game is basically smooshing ProjectCARS, Forza 4 and Test Drive Unlimited 2 into one big-ass game that needs a dual-layer blu-ray.

Large open world quasi-MMO with proper driving physics, tons of car customization and sexy graphics is basically my idea of heaven. Bonus points for 60FPS and tons of cars.

Cars and Customization from FM4 (matte paint from Horizon)
Physics and graphics from pCARS, slightly nerfed
Large maps with incentive to drive around from TDU2
Toggle-able online features
500+ car list
Cheap DLC
PC to Infinity servers
Microsoft can tell EA to loan the Porsche license or not develop for the Infinity

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelda with achievements Wink
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Last Of US for the PC

Heavy Rain for the PC

Beyond: Two Souls for the PC
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourdeez wrote:
The Last Of US for the PC

Heavy Rain for the PC

Beyond: Two Souls for the PC

Forza 3/4/Horizon/5 for PC.

Unlikely to happen. Don't worry - when Skylake and the GTX8xx comes around, we'll emulate the PS3/360.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
vector210

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dream game: Eve Online with a PVE server.

I love Eve Online but the fact that you can lose 6 months of work just by jumping to a different system is very very off putting.

Imagine an Eve Online where if your ship gets destroyed, you just respawn! I know a lot of people LOVE the hardcore aspect of the game, and I am not saying remove it, I am saying create 1 more PVE server for those of us who like to play casually.

I know the rush of destroying someones ship and taking their stuff can be exhilarating, but many of us would love it if we could play the game without being afraid of losing our ships all the time...
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After over a decade of playing on pvp servers I just dont have time for that shit anymore. Id rather play on pve servers now and focus on the real progression.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly/Serenity, developed by Naughty Dog. Razz Naughty Dog has a real knack for bringing characters to life in video games, and the characters of Uncharted (especially the writing) seems very similar to Joss Whedon's stuff. I think a third person shooter with fist fights, cooperative play and two to four characters on the field would be great.

I'd love to see a beat 'em up style game (like God of War or Devil May Cry) that allows players to create their own custom made combos or something.

I'd also love to see a jump mechanic like... okay. Jedi in Star Wars, they do crazy jumps. I thought it'd be cool if a game could like... you could pause the game, or at least slow down time in a sense, and then kinda pick a spot of where you want to leap to. Select the spot and boing, you leap to that spot. Maybe it would slow down combat or something but I think it'd be great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: