More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

LATEST FEATURES Interview: Forging the Rings of Power in Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Tolkien fans may now either squeal with glee at getting to play interactive fanfiction... or condemn it to the watery grave of Numenor.

How Bioware Creates Romances
Bioware's games have romances where you might save the world, on the side of course.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Kakulukia
Why Sunset Overdrive Can Go Suck A Lemon
By Kakulukia
Posted on 07/14/14
Yesterday, while cleaning up my media center, I found my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, which I bought sometime before Christmas last year. I had been pretty excited about this game pre-release, what with it being the first "traditional", albeit shorter than usual,...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
So, how bout that Xbox One?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
I do have to say though, the controller looks pretty nice for my PC.

............. ^
............. I
............. I
............. I
............. This

Im really hoping they tighten up the sticks and give them less play in their positioning.
I have a usb xbox360 controller and I don't know how many times the quick disconnect has saved my pc. I trip over that cord all the fucking time. Going wireless would be nice.

I was really worried they would change the shape. I find the xbox360 controller works better for my hands than the ps3 controller did. Im glad to see they knew what was up with the controller.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
So... why did they call the xbox one, the xbox one? Cause once you buy it, you wish you never had one!

"They called it Xbox One cause they just took 359 steps backwards." Rahul Yadav
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/139706-microsofts-new-kinect-patent-goes-big-brother-will-spy-on-you-for-the-mpaa

Still think it's cool?

Fuck Microsoft. Fuck them with a burning rake, and fuck anybody who buys this piece of shit.

That's the real deal.
Microsoft is also requiring that you have your kinect connected to use the system. Will they need to watch us in order for the system can work? Can I have my kinect looking at the floor and still get the system to work?

I have enough issues with cameras, drones, and satellites watching me outside my home....Why would I want more devices watching and listening to me? This is like how high end samsung tvs now have webcams in them and microphones that can watch and record the room.(I checked my samsung plasma, its one version behind when they started doing that. I lucked out)

Is your TV watching you? Latest models raise concerns
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/your-tv-watching-you-latest-models-raise-concerns-483619
Samsung Smart TV security hole allows hackers to watch you, change channels or plug in malware
http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/12/12/samsung-tv-vulnerability/

Enough to make you feel a bit uneasy as you witness Orwellian progression.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourdeez wrote:

I was really worried they would change the shape. I find the xbox360 controller works better for my hands than the ps3 controller did. Im glad to see they knew what was up with the controller.

i really dont think there is any denying the xbox 360 controller is GOAT..

only other controller i almost liked as much was the gamecube controller.

Love my Ps3, but despise the controller.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is it looks like they use microusb.

but look at these triggers! The bottom ones look like they push in the whole trigger vs the 360 in which they pivoted in.
the triggers now have "magnetic" sensors, which Microsoft claims offers greater precision.

Xbox One

Xbox 360

Last edited by Sourdeez on Wed May 22, 2013 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gunner37
Mr. Manga

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
What an abysmal piece of absolute shit.
Wouldn't buy this if Forza 5 came with a free emma watson sex-slave clone.

If it came with emma watson I would buy like 3 of them
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny summary of xbox event

http://imgur.com/a/jrAEm

Actually liked the halo webisodes.

Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The xbox one, Making you even more unlucky with the ladies.

Making fun of the name "xbox one"

Last edited by Sourdeez on Tue May 21, 2013 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as cool as Air Force One...only not.

King_Arthur

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im getting both ps4 and xbox infin err 720 um I mean you know... e3 is coming all this fussing is silly really complaining and complaining lol dont buy the damn thing then. I will and ill enjoy every fu$@!ing feature and game while oddly losing weight from dance off challenges I couldnt hope to lose if I tried on just dance and switch between my football games and eat pizza from pizza hut and chat on Skype with all the (8%) female gamers and dominate you (not sexually but not making any promises) on fifa 14 with messi... ok i got a half stiffy going hoping to go full hard on when e3 hits.... Show me sumtin good ms you bastards...

StalfrosCC wrote:
I dont even know you so I don't think I have a Mii of you.

schimmel wrote:
True my bad... but my Mii still pwns at tennis on my Wii
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy being the only one, then.

It'll be you and a bunch of little 13 year old CoD fanboy shits who buy this horribly named, invasive piece of crap. Enjoy your online matches, i'm sure they'll be awesome.

To the rest of GR:
PC gaming doesn't sound so fucking bad now, does it?
$400 and you get a gaming PC that does 1920x1080@60FPS, and best of all, doesn't spy on your or give a shit how many people are in the room with you when you want to watch a movie.

I'd also like to take the time to point out that while the PS4 and Xshit1 have roughly the same specs, THE PS4 IS MORE POWERFUL.
Only just, but it is. An unlike the PS3 vs 360, the architecture is effectively the same and thus the PS4 will perform better.

Let's tally this up:
Generation 4 winner: Nintendo - 64
Generation 5 winner: Sony - PS2
Generation 6 winner: Microsoft - 360
Generation 7 winner: Sony - PS4

Would look forward to Gen8, but we all know that's not gonna happen. Someone will release another E.T and the market will crash and burn, hopefully to be resurrected with the Steam Box and HL3.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.

Last edited by madster111 on Tue May 21, 2013 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Newegg

Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
Generation 4 winner: Nintendo - 64

The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N64 and PS1 were very evenly matched, but my hazy memories tell me the N64 was slightly more popular, wasn't it?

Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like Genesis vs. SNES: it's extremely close but the results are clouded by fanboy opinions.

Technically, PSone won. But personally, N64 all the way. Better memories with Nintendo, but hey, your results may vary.
That 32--64 bit era was the beginning of the end. Everything after this period has been copied, reskinned, then pasted into what we're still playing today. They never tinkered with the games, they just offered a bunch of shit that made their jobs easier or made them more money, like online connectivity and DLC/Season passes.

Whoever wins, we all lose. Prepare for more of the same because you're only paying to keep up with the Joneses at this point, so congrats and welcome to the machine. Nintendo would be the only way to go but they went and fucked themselves in the head, too, with that whole "casual 80+ year old gamer" schtick.

I'm honestly looking forward to Nintendo's next handheld more than anything else. The PS4 and Xbox 1 can run apps that makes my TV take shits and burp the alphabet, big fucking deal. When my only incentive to buy either console day one is to impress my FB friends or that one guy at work my priorities need to be checked.

I'm disillusioned, not bitter. But have at it, fellas. I love gaming, not apps. When I own more ancillary add-ons on my console than actual triple-A game software, something's wrong.

Team next-gen Gameboy!
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there's almost no chance i'll be buying this new console generation, and we're certainly not alone. Look at the WiiUs sales - they're pathetic. I'm thinking it's very likely Nintendo will write the WiiU off as a failure and push out a 3DS XLi or something and focus on the handheld market, especially when the new pokemon games come out and they see they made more profit in that 1 day than the entire WiiUs sales to date.

I've made my opinion clear in the past. I, personally, cannot wait for the next video game market crash. Let's hope to god it destroys EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc so we can start fresh.
Won't affect me, anyway. Know what happens to us PC gamers when AAA companies die?
We laugh and go back to playing our vastly superior indie and valve games.

Intel are releasing Haswell next month, which means before this new console generation comes out, we'll see cheap-ass laptops able to play modern games with decent settings. I'm really hoping this, combined with this useless console generation, will push PC gaming back up to where it should be.
A world where games are made for the PC and handhelds is a game i'd be very happy with.

Providing Nintendo stop being smarmy cunts and get rid of the region lock on the 3DS. Otherwise, fuck that noise, i'll keep playing Minecraft, Kerbal Space Program and Don't Starve.

Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... does that mean we have to take it back everything we said about the wii u?

I mean for goodness sake, neither the ps4 or the Xbox 1 has a start or select button!
Ashalar

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourdeez wrote:
intoTheRain wrote:

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/139706-microsofts-new-kinect-patent-goes-big-brother-will-spy-on-you-for-the-mpaa

Still think it's cool?

Fuck Microsoft. Fuck them with a burning rake, and fuck anybody who buys this piece of shit.

That's the real deal.
Microsoft is also requiring that you have your kinect connected to use the system. Will they need to watch us in order for the system can work? Can I have my kinect looking at the floor and still get the system to work?

I have enough issues with cameras, drones, and satellites watching me outside my home....Why would I want more devices watching and listening to me? This is like how high end samsung tvs now have webcams in them and microphones that can watch and record the room.(I checked my samsung plasma, its one version behind when they started doing that. I lucked out)

Is your TV watching you? Latest models raise concerns
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/your-tv-watching-you-latest-models-raise-concerns-483619
Samsung Smart TV security hole allows hackers to watch you, change channels or plug in malware
http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/12/12/samsung-tv-vulnerability/

Enough to make you feel a bit uneasy as you witness Orwellian progression.

Have fun!
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
So... does that mean we have to take it back everything we said about the wii u?

I mean for goodness sake, neither the ps4 or the Xbox 1 has a start or select button!

Of course is does.. its right below the sensor pad.

The only knock against the Wii U, IMO, is that there is no hardlined ethernet port and no games ( no hardcore game).

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilarious XBox one reveal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Microsoft All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: