More Reviews
REVIEWS InFamous: First Light Review
Sony’s open-world action game gets new life with a blast from Sucker Punch who’ve got a story dedicated to neon-powered Fetch and her brother.

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorne Review
This reminds me of a puzzle... OBJECTION!
More Previews
PREVIEWS Fenix Rage Preview
I died. And I died again. Died again. Again and again. Again. Again. Why Do I Love This So Much?!
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Madden NFL 15
Release date: Out Now

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Release date: 09/23/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

LATEST FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

The Best Upcoming Racing Games of 2014
You've probably only heard of Sony's exclusive Driveclub and Microsoft's exclusive Forza Horizon 2, but don't forget about a few others.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP KevinS
RIP Robin Williams (1951-2014)
By KevinS
Posted on 08/14/14
Robin Williams (1951-2014) Robin Williams was an absolutely exceptional comedian, talented actor, and holder of a special place in video game history: He was the first really famous gamer I know of. I’m sure there were others, but they kept a comparatively low profile, unlike one...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What are ya playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 187, 188, 189  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (so much)
Resident Evil: Revelations Wii U
a ton of pre-E3 stuff from PlayStation last week

But so much AC. Probably the best in the series.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got AC 2:R and Skyrim.

Ashalar

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
Finally got AC 2:R and Skyrim.

Skyrim is a time-sink. AC2:R... meh, didn't enjoy it as much as I did the previous installments.
used44

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried Sid Meier's Ace Patrol because I had some downtime at work. I had heard there was a generous amount of content in the free version, but I found that to not be the case. I pretty quickly hit a paywall and was faced with ponying up or replaying stuff I had done. So I deleted it.

I wouldn't have minded paying if I had liked the game more, but nah. It wasn't terrible, but Firaxis can do better. Hopefully that full-featured version of XCom becomes a real thing soon.
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing the Firefall beta right now. Not bad. Disorganized and incomplete but it's a beta. Having fun so far.
Tyrranis
L4Y Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently, I got myself Brutal Doom, and have been using the mod to play Doom II on Man And A Half difficulty.

Boy, is it a challenge.

Remember, 2 Rs, 1 N.. Current thetank score: 30
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
Playing the Firefall beta right now. Not bad. Disorganized and incomplete but it's a beta. Having fun so far.

I've tried launching this beta client like... four or five times and not once has it even run for me. Yes I'm on dual-booting Mac hardware, but c'mon. Everything else works fine on my windows side.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into the same thing, Used. Playing through Skyrim is...daunting. So much opportunity. So many butterflies to catch.

Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to try Call of Juarez Gunslinger.
Affen
Freedom Runner

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrranis wrote:
Recently, I got myself Brutal Doom, and have been using the mod to play Doom II on Man And A Half difficulty.

Boy, is it a challenge.

Blowing the head off of an suffering imp holding his guts and yelling "fuck you!" after never gets old. It's funny how the free aim and jumping makes it seem just like a modern game with a unique visual style. Great mod.

I left LBP2 hanging on to wait someone to play it with and started Bioshock 1. Bioshock 2 is waiting in the line already.

and damn Daniel, you got your hands on AC New Leaf already? Lucky man.
LawnGnome

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashalar wrote:
I'm currently playing a mod for Starcraft II, which is non other than the original Starcraft and the Brood War campaigns on the new engine. The creators did a damn fine job converting units, buildings, sounds etc to the new format.

And the third person shooter take on certain missions is fun to play, if not a bit short.

Is that mod available through the game (like through Arcade) or do I have to look on the interwebs for it?
Ashalar

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not through the game itself unfortunately, although it should be.

Follow the link below to all episodes of the game, install notes are on that page as well. Just follow the steps and you will be playing in no time at all.

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/sc1-episode-1-rebel-yell/pages/main/
Affen
Freedom Runner

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move aside other games DK is here!

DKCR3D! Really really loving it so far.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished Call Of Jaurez Gunslinger.

Its actually a lot of simple fun, with a simple story that is sufficient. I really enjoyed it.

Now I guess im going to go back and play RE6 and revelations -_-
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plague Inc., Injustice ans Skyrim.

Tyrranis
L4Y Diplomat

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Affen wrote:
Tyrranis wrote:

Boy, is it a challenge.

Blowing the head off of an suffering imp holding his guts and yelling "fuck you!" after never gets old. It's funny how the free aim and jumping makes it seem just like a modern game with a unique visual style. Great mod.

Forgive the pun, but hell yeah!

It's particularly gratifying after one of the rooms near the end of Doom II. In MAAH difficulty, there's a room with 2 Spider Masterminds in it, and (fortunately) a couple of invulnerability powerups too.

Flipping off the exploded corpses of two giant death machines that gave me untold amounts of grief to kill is immensely satisfying.

I will say, though, that Brutal DOOM II is better than Brutal DOOM. It seems a little silly to say this about two games wherein the only mechanics are pick up item, use item and shoot badguys, but DOOM II is more combat orientated than the original.

Plus, double barrel shotgun. That thing is even more beastly in Brutal DOOM II than it was in the standard game.

Anyway, small update: Beat DOOM II in Brutal, going through the original in Brutal, same difficulty. On the second chapter right now.

Remember, 2 Rs, 1 N.. Current thetank score: 30
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished out the campaign for Sleeping Dogs. Pretty awesome game. I'm not sure what I'll be playing next.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at that point in Bioshock 1 where you start wondering when the game is going to end. That being said, the game is solid. I mean, the plasmid to gun game mechanics and the researching of the baddies and the whole ambiance and theme of it. Great game, even greater twist, but let's wrap it up already.

Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
I'm at that point in Bioshock 1 where you start wondering when the game is going to end. That being said, the game is solid. I mean, the plasmid to gun game mechanics and the researching of the baddies and the whole ambiance and theme of it. Great game, even greater twist, but let's wrap it up already.

If you're moving on to the next ones afterwards, Infinite is actually Bioshock 2. There was no such thing as "Bioshock 2".
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
If you're moving on to the next ones afterwards, Infinite is actually Bioshock 2. There was no such thing as "Bioshock 2".

I don't get this. Bioshock 2 gave you an interesting second look at the environment from B1 and it had better gameplay imo.
But... I'm starting to think the whole damn series is a little overrated though. The stories are awesome but as games I think it's totally possible to skip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 187, 188, 189  Next
Page 136 of 189
Jump to: