More Reviews
REVIEWS Madden NFL 15 Review
How many times has it been said, “This is the best Madden game”? Probably just about every year. Well guess what, this is the best Madden game… maybe.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfa Review
[PlayStation release update] Electronic Arts and the development team at EA Canada hope to catch as many PlayStation gamers as they did when Garden Warfare first launched exclusively on Xbox One.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: Out Now

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: Out Now

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14


LATEST FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Nom Nom Galaxy

The Best Upcoming Racing Games of 2014
You've probably only heard of Sony's exclusive Driveclub and Microsoft's exclusive Forza Horizon 2, but don't forget about a few others.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP KevinS
RIP Robin Williams (1951-2014)
By KevinS
Posted on 08/14/14
Robin Williams (1951-2014) Robin Williams was an absolutely exceptional comedian, talented actor, and holder of a special place in video game history: He was the first really famous gamer I know of. I’m sure there were others, but they kept a comparatively low profile, unlike one...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Microsoft E3 Natter
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Microsoft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?


Joined: 12 Feb 2012
Posts: 2033

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha! Noritama where have you been?
_________________
“Yeah but when does EA come in when your trying for auto erotic asphyxiation and decide that you are really trying to commit suicide? Then they force you to do what they want.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WickedLiquid
In Limbo


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 6679

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinksOcarina wrote:
WickedLiquid wrote:
Research? Are you testing kids who open games? Like how new games have that difficult plastic wrap VS the easy wrap on used games?

I'll tell you right now used games win that battle. There, I just did your homework now let me borrow your copy of Alan Wake.


Not that. this.

And that is just the best example I an find I am wondering if I can find more studies, if not it will do as part of the piece.


That is way too much to read. Can't you just go on Pawn Stars or something?
_________________
Lethean wrote:
I'm just going to ban everyone for 24 hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy


Joined: 08 Nov 2005
Posts: 11552

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WickedLiquid wrote:
LinksOcarina wrote:
WickedLiquid wrote:
Research? Are you testing kids who open games? Like how new games have that difficult plastic wrap VS the easy wrap on used games?

I'll tell you right now used games win that battle. There, I just did your homework now let me borrow your copy of Alan Wake.


Not that. this.

And that is just the best example I an find I am wondering if I can find more studies, if not it will do as part of the piece.


That is way too much to read. Can't you just go on Pawn Stars or something?


It's basically a study that uses mathematics to correlate used sales and buying patterns int he gaming world. The conclusion is this; Used games CAN be eliminated as they cause prices to rise for development costs, only if developers start charging less for their current/ products, say, $40 again for a Xbox One title.

The lower price eliminates the need for used games, which will eliminate the overhead charges that game companies loose to used game sales, and the need for them to try to get a piece of the action. If they don't do that however, simply eliminating used game sales is coined as "suicide" for the gaming industry.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
WickedLiquid
In Limbo


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 6679

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Math? Development costs? Stuff??? And you want people to read your study?

Dude, on Pawn Stars this one guy brought in an NES signed by Shigeru Miyamoto. They had to call in a guy to make sure it was official and everything. Now THAT is what people wanna see.
_________________
Lethean wrote:
I'm just going to ban everyone for 24 hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz


Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 5224

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinksOcarina wrote:
WickedLiquid wrote:
LinksOcarina wrote:
WickedLiquid wrote:
Research? Are you testing kids who open games? Like how new games have that difficult plastic wrap VS the easy wrap on used games?

I'll tell you right now used games win that battle. There, I just did your homework now let me borrow your copy of Alan Wake.


Not that. this.

And that is just the best example I an find I am wondering if I can find more studies, if not it will do as part of the piece.


That is way too much to read. Can't you just go on Pawn Stars or something?


It's basically a study that uses mathematics to correlate used sales and buying patterns int he gaming world. The conclusion is this; Used games CAN be eliminated as they cause prices to rise for development costs, only if developers start charging less for their current/ products, say, $40 again for a Xbox One title.

The lower price eliminates the need for used games, which will eliminate the overhead charges that game companies loose to used game sales, and the need for them to try to get a piece of the action. If they don't do that however, simply eliminating used game sales is coined as "suicide" for the gaming industry.



Prices are sticky for a reason....

Good luck trying to convince the gaming industry to drop the price of new game.s
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noritama



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 403

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourdeez wrote:
Hahaha! Noritama where have you been?

Living under a rock of course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 1798

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noritama wrote:
Sourdeez wrote:
Hahaha! Noritama where have you been?

Living under a rock of course.


Playing DoTA 2 no doubt. Razz

LinksOcarina wrote:

How many of you actually even share games anymore?


Me and my closest friend share Steam accounts sometimes, probably not kosher but whatever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3242

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjim2000 wrote:
Noritama wrote:
Sourdeez wrote:
Hahaha! Noritama where have you been?

Living under a rock of course.


Playing DoTA 2 no doubt. Razz


Hopefully he's been playing some of the games in the Alan Wake franchise that I bought for him when it was on sale. Razz
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Microsoft All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum