More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: 08/19/14

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: 08/19/14

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14


LATEST FEATURES Interview: Forging the Rings of Power in Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Tolkien fans may now either squeal with glee at getting to play interactive fanfiction... or condemn it to the watery grave of Numenor.

How Bioware Creates Romances
Bioware's games have romances where you might save the world, on the side of course.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.
 
Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oneshotstop
Call of Duty will never be the same
By oneshotstop
Posted on 07/28/14
       We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
F2P: Tekken Revolution

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Sony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: F2P: Tekken Revolution Reply with quote

Tekken Revolution; PSN only, 1.9 GB's.
12 characters total, 8 available from the start.
3 game modes.


How It Works:

Ranked Match
- One off matches that affect your rank
- No spectator mode or multi-player lobbies
- Practice against AI during matchmaking

Player Match
- Rules set by host
- "Switching" can be set after 3 or 5 consecutive wins. Or no win limit.
- Players are randomly matched, can choose not to fight
- Exp is still gained

Battle Coins
- These are used for ranked and player matches.
- 5 coin limit
- 1 coin replenished every 30 minutes

Arcade
- Progress through stages to face the Ogre
- Characters and other items can be earned through multiple completions

Arcade Coins
- Used to access arcade mode
- 2 coin limit
- 1 coin replenished every 60 minutes

Premium Tickets
- Free item only
- 999 coin limit
- You are given a Premium Ticket upon logging in
- Act as a substitute for battle/arcade coins
- If you lose a PT battle, you gain extra exp
- If you win a PT battle, you regain a Premium Ticket
- When used for arcade, they can net you bonus rewards upon completion

Premium Coins
- Paid items
- 30 coins for $4
- 999 coin limit
- Used for any game mode

Gift Points
- Used to unlock more characters
- Earned by daily logins, arcade, ranked and player matches

Skill Points
- Every character starts off with a pre-set amount of points
- Earned by leveling up, covers all characters

How to win
Fucking spam power moves like a noob

All in all, not a bad F2P setup, not great either. If you think you're good enough, go ahead and risk your ticket. Time flies though when everyone gets along in the lobbies, and it's a pretty nice experience. Btw, you can only see button combinations in Arcade mode.
_________________
Heath_Hindman wrote:
Also who is going to eat all of the sandwiches you make if there are no men. Tree falls in the woods


Last edited by TheJx4 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:56 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GAME-QUEST-EX



Joined: 20 Oct 2012
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: The Revolution May Be After Your Money In The Long Run...... Reply with quote

Hmmm, they are probably trying to figure out how to slowly sell back to gamers extra bits and pieces of the game, while giving away the base version for free.

I see more Fighting Games start to adopt this model in the next generation of games (doesn't the new "Killer Instinct" have something similar?).

More characters will probably be sold back to the player, along with new stages, maybe music and possible outfits plus customization items (if that mode ever becomes part of "Tekken Revolution").

Namco has to make its money somehow if they are practically giving the base version of the game away for free.

But 8 characters here, compared to the 30 plus they had in "Tekken 6" and the 50 plus they had in "Tekken Tag Tournament 2"? I dunno......

Anyway, the official "Tekken Revolution" WebSite:

http://www.tekken.com/revolution
_________________
CLICK - HERE - TO - READ - ALL - OF - MY - IN-DEPTH - VIDEO - GAME - REVIEWS ! ! !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 9711

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jx4. I was wondering how their system worked.
_________________
Star-Lord wrote:
I look around and do you know what I see? Losers.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: The Revolution May Be After Your Money In The Long Run.. Reply with quote

GAME-QUEST-EX wrote:
Hmmm, they are probably trying to figure out how to slowly sell back to gamers extra bits and pieces of the game, while giving away the base version for free.

I see more Fighting Games start to adopt this model in the next generation of games (doesn't the new "Killer Instinct" have something similar?).

More characters will probably be sold back to the player, along with new stages, maybe music and possible outfits plus customization items (if that mode ever becomes part of "Tekken Revolution").

Namco has to make its money somehow if they are practically giving the base version of the game away for free.

But 8 characters here, compared to the 30 plus they had in "Tekken 6" and the 50 plus they had in "Tekken Tag Tournament 2"? I dunno......

Anyway, the official "Tekken Revolution" WebSite:

http://www.tekken.com/revolution


Killer Instinct gives you 1 free character. 8 characters and 4 more are unlockable right now for TR. I have 7700 give points and have unlocked Steve and Leo. Harrada stated they will be updating the game over time, with new modes, characters, etc.

The big flaw here, is that there is no way to earn coins. Why not allow me to spend fight money on them? Instead of spending them on using skill points, allow me to use them on coins. Or have a different set of money earned for victories. That way, if you win a lot, you can buy coins later. Right now, the only way to keep playing after you don't have coins, is to risk your premium ticket, or wait 30 mins for coins. Really the only issue I have with it. There are a lot of different solutions. Every victory decreases the time limit or something like that.

Also, the combos are more streamlined here, and the game looks eerily like Street Fighter at times. Characters are outlined and the particle effects are very SF-ish. Might be what Tekken X SF will be like. Clarified/corrected some things in the main post.

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
Thanks, Jx4. I was wondering how their system worked.


No problem. It's a blast with a full lobby of friends and the coin thing is less annoying.
_________________
Heath_Hindman wrote:
Also who is going to eat all of the sandwiches you make if there are no men. Tree falls in the woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GAME-QUEST-EX



Joined: 20 Oct 2012
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: The Revolution May Be After Your Money In The Long Run.. Reply with quote

TheJx4 wrote:


"Killer Instinct gives you 1 free character. 8 characters and 4 more are unlockable right now for TR. I have 7700 give points and have unlocked Steve and Leo. Harrada stated they will be updating the game over time, with new modes, characters, etc.

The big flaw here, is that there is no way to earn coins. Why not allow me to spend fight money on them? Instead of spending them on using skill points, allow me to use them on coins. Or have a different set of money earned for victories. That way, if you win a lot, you can buy coins later. Right now, the only way to keep playing after you don't have coins, is to risk your premium ticket, or wait 30 mins for coins. Really the only issue I have with it. There are a lot of different solutions. Every victory decreases the time limit or something like that.

Also, the combos are more streamlined here, and the game looks eerily like Street Fighter at times. Characters are outlined and the particle effects are very SF-ish. Might be what Tekken X SF will be like. Clarified/corrected some things in the main post."


The resemblance to Capcom's "Street Fighter X Tekken" might be because Namco is re-using some of their already established asserts from SFxT, instead of starting from scratch for this particular free-to-play title.

Based on what you have experienced and stated, "Tekken Revolution" might be a hint at how Namco handles their own upcoming "Tekken vs Street Fighter" game.

Interesting info: I might look into it some more now.
_________________
CLICK - HERE - TO - READ - ALL - OF - MY - IN-DEPTH - VIDEO - GAME - REVIEWS ! ! !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Sony All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum