More Reviews
REVIEWS Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Review
Does Beyond Earth lead humanity to a better world or into a nest of aliens?

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Review
I had no idea there was that much silicon in Japan. But it only makes the balance that much more impressive, doesn't it?
More Previews
PREVIEWS Super Smash Bros. (Wii U) Preview
Anyone brawling at home will find plenty to love in the latest console version of Nintendo’s franchise, though amiibo figures lend a layer of ownership not seen before.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved
Release date: Out Now

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Release date: 11/04/14

Far Cry 4
Release date: 11/18/14

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Release date: 11/18/14

LATEST FEATURES Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

PlayStation Download October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Sony's PSN platform had new games each week along with free offerings for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Take a look at the weekly additions for October.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437
I Don't Want to, but I Have To...
By oblivion437
Posted on 10/20/14
Well, Gamergate has spilled over into the mainstream media and the coverage appears to be nearly uniformly dreadful. Take " What is Gamergate, and What Does It Say About Gender In Video Games? " by David Konnow as an example.  It appears that the writer has done little to no...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MS stepping up their XBL gold game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheJx4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt they'd give away 24 games for $60 and allow you to keep playing them after the subscription ends.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
Also i don't get wicked's self quote next to mine. Is it an art piece?

Buying a game, even with the PS+ discount, is different than just getting it for free. Therefore your bro still has God of War 2 because he paid for it.

It's pretty self explanatory. Do I need to say it in French?
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except he didn't... he got it for free and with the 1 month free PS plus card he got with his PS3. The timer ran out, the game is still his even when off line.
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Jeebus.

So I searched the internet to see if God of War 2 was free in other countries since it wasn't in Canada (believe me, I would have it on my HDD if it was). And I came across this

http://n4g.com/news/1248148/sony-accidentally-lists-god-of-war-1-and-2-for-free-with-playstation-plus

Scroll down to the comments and they're all saying that it's been fixed and there was an open window of only several hours to get it for free. So yeah, he probably still has it because this was a freak accident by Sony that needed to be fixed.

Trust me on this, you can NOT keep your games you downloaded for free once your subscription to PS+ ends. This doesn't include any loop holes you fail to mention in the beginning of your argument.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, so to sum up:

It's in the "No Shit" department.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep =/= access.

The general point still stands though, they aren't giving away games really, they're granting access so long as you're a subscriber
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is a great program if the games continue to be from their classics.

used44

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheJx4 wrote:
The general point still stands though, they aren't giving away games really, they're granting access so long as you're a subscriber

Again, no shit.

They're copying PS Plus, finally. This is a good thing. I don't understand the confusion.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
I don't understand the confusion.

If there's any problem in understanding this, it's in the messaging. This seems like they've resigned to giving something away for free, rather than making it out to be a prize or bonus or part of the service...

Basically "If we don't do this, we're fucked, so we're going to do it." That's how it sounded to me during the press conference.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really isn't that hard to figure out guys...
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
They're copying PS Plus, finally. This is a good thing. I don't understand the confusion.

The confusion (I'll take the blame for making) was whether or not Microsoft lets you keep the free games/content. PS Plus doesn't let you keep the games from what the prompt message said before you download the content. You only get to keep it as long as you have PS Plus (that's the No Shit part). I began wondering if Microsoft would do the same, since they made the announcement at E3. It's going to be like PS Plus with XBL Gold, but there might have been a few differences like the one I questioned about. Then, Brett answered my question without any sources.
Bretimus_v2 wrote:
It isn't. I'm not being a fan boy this is the simple truth. Every article I found said ACTIVE sub.

Not really difficult to be confused, used. I asked an unclear question and it somehow fell into a "No Shit" department for you. Which I didn't understand why it would be directed there. Lien didn't understand why that question fell there either. Then, people began talking about PS Plus and how that works, but wasn't answering the question. Thank you, Bret, but can I get sources? I'm sure you'll do the "Let Me Google That For You."
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I need a source...I am M F Brett after all.

Also, you have Internet and google. The world is now your oyster.

But again this is a good move by MS.

NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
Do I need a source...I am M F Brett after all.

Also, you have Internet and google. The world is now your oyster.

But again this is a good move by MS.

I think it's a good move, but the games they're offering are pretty.... meh if you ask me. At least when you compare things to what PS+ offers. At least, what I've read about here on GR. I don't have an xbox or playstation so I wouldn't really know.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
This really isn't that hard to figure out guys...

drathbone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NickKmet"]
Bretimus_v2 wrote:
I think it's a good move, but the games they're offering are pretty.... meh if you ask me. At least when you compare things to what PS+ offers. At least, what I've read about here on GR. I don't have an xbox or playstation so I wouldn't really know.

I guess I can't compare cuz I don't have PS+ but if I hadn't gotten a steal on Fable III a week after it released ($15) I would have never bothered. It's worth free IMO. Also next month is Assasins Creed II, a game I never got around to getting. Still $20 in the store so that alone is worth downloading just as a gift for paying for something I would otherwise still have even without 2 free games/month.

Unless I've missed it they have onl announced Fable 3, Halo 3 and AC2. That leaves what? 10 games through the end of the year? Anything can happen.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/microsoft-kicks-off-games-with-gold-program-with-fable-iii-19937

Quote:
Unlike Sony's PS+ Instant Game Collection, Microsoft has said that once you download these games, they're yours "no matter what."

Guess we should rethink what our "No-shit" department specify. But beside the little confusion in here, It's like Bret said. It's a good move by Microsoft.

now go out there and get that game for free! It's only available till june 30th.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/microsoft-kicks-off-games-with-gold-program-with-fable-iii-19937

Quote:
Unlike Sony's PS+ Instant Game Collection, Microsoft has said that once you download these games, they're yours "no matter what."

Guess we should rethink what our "No-shit" department specify. But beside the little confusion in here, It's like Bret said. It's a good move by Microsoft.
The only problem is, Microsoft's been miscommunicating a lot lately. My guess is only Fable III is going to be free "no matter what," and any game that's part of the Games with Gold program will be free with your subscription. As that article says, it's a precursor to the program.

That's my guess.

o--(^-^)--o
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It said it's only for Gold members. So, that can mean you need Gold to download it, but is able to still be played it if you decided to opt out. Who knows, Microsoft can be wrong.
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But think about it, ugh. Does the game becomes unplayable past June 30th or when your gold membership ends? It's more complicated for the game to be a playable demo on a set timer then if it's just "we give you the game for free to reward you for paying online services".
Also you forgot the part where fable 3 is a cheap game right now. Microsoft got nothing to lose i am right. Same goes with assassin creed 2 and halo 3.

And darn it guys... we got a company giving you FREE games and all you do is spread doubt as you look in the gift horse's mouth. Just use your free gold membership trial card already and let's go kill hookers in Albion!
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-Ting wrote:
That's my guess.

This is Microsoft's biggest mistake. The guessing is turning consumers away. If you don't start with definitive statements, everything else is going to be questioned over and over again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: