Far Cry New Dawn For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt

Far Cry New Dawn For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt | How to kill the bear at the FANG Center

The For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt is likely one of the first you’ll find in Far Cry New Dawn. Strangely, it’s one of the tougher treasure hunts to complete in the game as you have to take on a grizzly bear with your meager starting weapons. Fortunately, we’ve got a way for you to kill the bear at the FANG Center and get the loot in Far Cry New Dawn‘s For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt.

Where is the For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt in Far Cry New Dawn?

Far Cry New Dawn For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt location map

You can find the For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt not too far north from Prosperity. This hunt takes you to the dilapidated FANG Center, which at first glance looks like a rundown church.

Far Cry New Dawn For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt note location

Before you can begin the hunt, you’ll need to find the note describing it. If you’ve got a tip from a scout, you should already have its location on your map. If not, you can find it near the FANG Center in an old display case containing three teddy bears. Some Highwaymen are guarding this location, so you’ll have to take them out before you can really get the hunt started.

The note reads:

Wade’s Journal

I was digging round the church the other day and found some kinda crypt under the building. Well whaddya know!

Place looked perfect for my supplies, so I moved everything in pretty as you please, then gave the key to the new bear I trained. He runs up every time I sound the signal, just like we practiced.

Ain’t been locked out once.

How do I signal the bear by ringing the bell in the For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt in Far Cry New Dawn?

Far Cry New Dawn For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt bell tower

It’s not immediately apparent what you need to do to signal the bear. Fortunately, another nearby note gives you the answer you’re looking for.

Climb up onto the roof of the FANG Center and head to the belfry. You’ll find a note on the ground there near a baseball bat.

The note reads:

Wade’s Notes

Looks like all that training finally paid off! Hit that bell however you please and the bear comes a’running after a few rings.

He’s always snapping at me though. Makes me miss Cheeseburger something awful. I ain’t never met anything with a temper this foul.

He reminds me of the time I found Sharky in his furry suit. Maybe giving him the key was a mistake.

So, to summon the bear, you just need to ring the bell. Fortunately, that bat by the note will work just fine. Hit the bell three times with a melee weapon and brace yourself for a fight.

How to kill the bear in the For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt in Far Cry New Dawn

Far Cry New Dawn For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt bear

Since this is likely the first treasure hunt you’ve found, you’re probably still rocking the starting weapons of Far Cry New Dawn. That means you likely have a Rusty 1911 and the Sawblade Launcher. Neither of these weapons is effective against the ferocious Rank 3 grizzly bear that’s going to be trying to rip your face off.

Carina is going to be worthless in this fight, so dismiss her or use her to distract the bear for a moment. Since your current weapons are likely ineffective against the bear (unless you’re a few hours in before taking on this hunt), you need to find something that can do enough damage to take it down before it kills you.

One of the Highwaymen you killed when you go to the FANG Center should have been armed with a shotgun. You’ll want to grab this since it can do quite a bit of damage upclose. However, even with the shotgun, it’s going to be a close one. Grizzly bears can take a ton of damage, and even with Rank 2 weapons you’ve got to pump a lot of lead in them to take them down.

Far Cry New Dawn For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt dead bear

The best tactic with the bear is to circle around obstacles and fire at its head as you can. When you have to reload, run away and try to jump on something that will make the bear break off the chase for a second. If you’ve managed to pick up some dynamite or Molotov Cocktails, they can help speed the fight up.

Once the bear is down, you can loot it to get the Fowler’s Crypt Key.

For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt rewards | Far Cry New Dawn

Far Cry New Dawn For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt crypt

You can find the crypt near the southwest corner of the FANG Center. Just drop into the hole and unlock the door there.

Far Cry New Dawn For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt safe

For completing the For Whom the Bear Tolls treasure hunt you’ll get three perk magazines and mixed crafting materials. Make sure to break open the safe for a hefty chunk of titanium too.

Upcoming Releases

Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

9 SCUF Reflex Review
SCUF is the brand that comes to mind for most people when it comes to custom gaming controllers. It’s been…
X